Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    Hey guys,

I am new to the forums but not so new to the Court system. Been a CO for a little over two years now in the 6th JD and I went to the Cohoes Academy.

They put us up, Sunday evening through Friday morning in various local hotels in the Albany area at the OCA's expense. The hotels all have irons and ironing boards (yes, you'll need them) as well as free breakfasts. Lunch and dinner for the entire Academy is up to the recruits. There was also a 9:30 curfew the nights we were there and yes, the instructors did drive to the hotels to check.

Hope that helps.
    Hello and welcome to the thread. I have a couple of questions. I heard CO's carry a Glock 19 or Glock 26. What caliber type is it? 9mm or .40caliber? Also I know you have to purchase the firearm. Does the state sell you one or do you have to buy one from the private sector? Plus there was a rumor that there was going to be a new academy in Saratoga with dorms for the recruits. Is that still a plan for recruits outside of NYC?

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
      There are ranks listed in the upper 7000's that took the PAT?? I am just starting pre-med as the OCA just reached my score/rank in mid 5000's.

If this is for the 4,5,6th districts they are moving very fast!
      Hey Civil,

Which JD are you processing for again?

Comment

• The Glock 19 and 26 are 9 mm. And you must purchase it yourself when you requalify 2 to 4 months after Academy Graduation. The 26 is an optional off duty weapon and you must qualify with both.

As to the rumor about an Academy in Saratoga I have heard nothing about that, only the facility they are working on in NYC, for all recruits across the state ( with housing). Frankly, I can' t see them locating a permanent Academy that can accommodate recruits with housing centrally in the state. That would make too much logistical and fiscal sense. OCA isn't in those businesses.
        Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Comment

Hey guys,

I am new to the forums but not so new to the Court system. Been a CO for a little over two years now in the 6th JD and I went to the Cohoes Academy.

They put us up, Sunday evening through Friday morning in various local hotels in the Albany area at the OCA's expense. The hotels all have irons and ironing boards (yes, you'll need them) as well as free breakfasts. Lunch and dinner for the entire Academy is up to the recruits. There was also a 9:30 curfew the nights we were there and yes, the instructors did drive to the hotels to check.

Hope that helps.
          Welcome to the forum and thanks for the info!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
            Hey Civil,

Which JD are you processing for again?
            Hey my friend...3rd JD here.

Comment

The Glock 19 and 26 are 9 mm. And you must purchase it yourself when you requalify 2 to 4 months after Academy Graduation. The 26 is an optional off duty weapon and you must qualify with both.

As to the rumor about an Academy in Saratoga I have heard nothing about that, only the facility they are working on in NYC, for all recruits across the state ( with housing). Frankly, I can' t see them locating a permanent Academy that can accommodate recruits with housing centrally in the state. That would make too much logistical and fiscal sense. OCA isn't in those businesses.
              Thanks for the info.

Comment

Hey my friend...3rd JD here.
                Okay, thx. Good luck on your pre-med.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                  Okay, thx. Good luck on your pre-med.
                  Thank you...and good luck to you on your pre-academy med (coming soon I'm sure)

Comment

Hey guys,

Hope that helps.
                    Pro, I recieved a conditional for 6th JD. Where are you located and what cities in JD 6 are avalible? Do they switch you from city to city or are you assigned to 1 location?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1sweetworld View Post
                      Maybe this is a dumb question that I'm over-thinking... but I'm filling out the medical questionare for the full medical next week. Does anyone know what they mean by narcotic experience, I've never done illegal narcotics, but have been prescribed things like vicodin and codeine in the past - should I list those? Are those even considered narcotics? This question has been killing me for 2 weeks now!
                      1sweet, just stay away from the weed and I think you will be ok

Comment

• Wow, I guess I should open my med packet, Sept. 4 is creeping up fast!!!

Comment

• Anybody going for the 3rd JD take the pre-medical yet?

Comment

Thank you...and good luck to you on your pre-academy med (coming soon I'm sure)
                            You're welcome.

Comment

Last edited by Jasonstatham; 09-27-2012, 01:20 PM. Reason: .............................

Comment

Last edited by Jasonstatham; 09-27-2012, 01:20 PM. Reason: ....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7158 users online. 411 members and 6747 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X