300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
    As I have written before, the retirements continue. The salary line for every retiree is funded through the entire fiscal year. The funds left once the retirees are off payroll are available for OCA to use to hire new employees. And remember the salary of the retiree is most likely very substantially higher than that of a new hire. Allowing for the cost of benefits, every three retirees will cover the funding for about 2 newbies. And, knowing how OCA operates, there were probably more than a few fully funded but empty salary lines in this year's budget. I'd think there is a fair possibility OCA can put in a class in the fall.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
      I have no idea. Any former Cohoes recruit class member(s) care to answer this question?
      Last time I had to go up we stayed at a place called the Stays Inn. It was in Albany but only about a 10 minute drive to Cohoes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swartz319 View Post
        Drove in today to make sure I'm rested for tomorrow. Good luck to you
        Hey Swartz-
        What hotel did you stay in? I am looking for a reasonably priced hotel close to the Cohoes facility.

Comment

• Hey all,

I telephoned another source at the OCA today and was informed that there may be a recruit class before the end of 2012. Let's see what happens.

Comment

• RESULTS OF PHYSICAL ABILITY TEST TAKEN IN NYC ON August 21, 2012

http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/...ts082112.shtml

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
              RESULTS OF PHYSICAL ABILITY TEST TAKEN IN NYC ON August 21, 2012

http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/...ts082112.shtml
              There are ranks listed in the upper 7000's that took the PAT?? I am just starting pre-med as the OCA just reached my score/rank in mid 5000's.

If this is for the 4,5,6th districts they are moving very fast!
              Last edited by CivilServant14; 08-29-2012, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                There are ranks listed in the upper 7000's that took the PAT?? I am just starting pre-med as the OCA just reached my score/rank in mid 5000's.

If this is for the 4,5,6th districts they are moving very fast!
                Civil, I also ranked 5XXX. Why are there people in the 7XXX's that are 2 steps ahead of me? Oh well.:>/

Comment

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
                  Civil, I also ranked 5XXX. Why are there people in the 7XXX's that are 2 steps ahead of me? Oh well.:>/
                  And you're processing for the 4,5 or 6 districts..right?

Comment

Hey Swartz-
                    What hotel did you stay in? I am looking for a reasonably priced hotel close to the Cohoes facility.
                    I stayed it he stayinn, $89 for the night

Comment

I stayed it he stayinn, $89 for the night
                      thanks...heading up there soon for pre-med and need a place to stay. I'll check it out.

Comment

thanks...heading up there soon for pre-med and need a place to stay. I'll check it out.
                        I recommend that one, real nice looking hotel for the price. Has a 24 hour exercise room.

Comment

And you're processing for the 4,5 or 6 districts..right?
                          Yes, For the 6th JD.

Comment

I recommend that one, real nice looking hotel for the price. Has a 24 hour exercise room.
                            The Stays Inn is nice. I stayed there for a week but it was on the states dime so I don't know how much it was. I think the bill was $3XX.XX something for the week. It's the closest your going to get to Cohoes. Remember guys, save your receipts from everything. This is all tax deductable!

Comment

• Maybe this is a dumb question that I'm over-thinking... but I'm filling out the medical questionare for the full medical next week. Does anyone know what they mean by narcotic experience, I've never done illegal narcotics, but have been prescribed things like vicodin and codeine in the past - should I list those? Are those even considered narcotics? This question has been killing me for 2 weeks now!

Comment

• Hey guys,

I am new to the forums but not so new to the Court system. Been a CO for a little over two years now in the 6th JD and I went to the Cohoes Academy.

They put us up, Sunday evening through Friday morning in various local hotels in the Albany area at the OCA's expense. The hotels all have irons and ironing boards (yes, you'll need them) as well as free breakfasts. Lunch and dinner for the entire Academy is up to the recruits. There was also a 9:30 curfew the nights we were there and yes, the instructors did drive to the hotels to check.

Hope that helps.
                                Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5964 users online. 349 members and 5615 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X