300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
    Great job by these Officers and Sergeants !! http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1143149
    This is awesome. Congrats guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
      Great job by these Officers and Sergeants !! http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1143149
      Awesome job by the officers!

Comment

• I agree awesome job to all the officers involved!!
        Last edited by PATROLMAN#126; 08-25-2012, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• In regards to the physical ability test on Tuesday, are those of you from Erie county driving there the day before or that morning?

Comment

• Originally posted by dbacksrock02 View Post
            In regards to the physical ability test on Tuesday, are those of you from Erie county driving there the day before or that morning?
            dbacks, Where do you guys have to go for the PAT?

Comment

• The PAT is tomorrow at 10am in Cohoes.

Comment

• Originally posted by dbacksrock02 View Post
                The PAT is tomorrow at 10am in Cohoes.
                Drove in today to make sure I'm rested for tomorrow. Good luck to you

Comment

• Greetings all,

I telephoned the OCA today and was informed that a recruit class for NYC may take place this year. The OCA personnel I spoke with stated that they will have more information about hiring after Labor Day. I was instructed to call back after the holiday. I hope the information I got is valid.

Comment

• As I have written before, the retirements continue. The salary line for every retiree is funded through the entire fiscal year. The funds left once the retirees are off payroll are available for OCA to use to hire new employees. And remember the salary of the retiree is most likely very substantially higher than that of a new hire. Allowing for the cost of benefits, every three retirees will cover the funding for about 2 newbies. And, knowing how OCA operates, there were probably more than a few fully funded but empty salary lines in this year's budget. I'd think there is a fair possibility OCA can put in a class in the fall.

Comment

• Are all the CO Academies held in NYC? That would suck seeing how I live in Western NY...

Comment

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
                        Are all the CO Academies held in NYC? That would suck seeing how I live in Western NY...
                        No. Upstate guys are sent to Cohoes and downstate guys are sent to NYC. The new training facility in Brooklyn, NY will accommodate all recruits from NYS because it will have sleeping facilities. This new Brooklyn facility is supposed to be where all recruit classes will take place once it is completed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                          No. Upstate guys are sent to Cohoes and downstate guys are sent to NYC. The new training facility in Brooklyn, NY will accommodate all recruits from NYS because it will have sleeping facilities. This new Brooklyn facility is supposed to be where all recruit classes will take place once it is completed.
                          Where do recruits sleep for the cohoes academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                            Greetings all,

I telephoned the OCA today and was informed that a recruit class for NYC may take place this year. The OCA personnel I spoke with stated that they will have more information about hiring after Labor Day. I was instructed to call back after the holiday. I hope the information I got is valid.
                            Thanks for the info... lets all pray it is correct and let us all stay positive and focused on the prize that is sure to come... Lets live as though it is already done...Lets keep our noses clean and our weight down... Brothers and sisters we are almost there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swartz319 View Post
                              Where do recruits sleep for the cohoes academy?
                              I have no idea. Any former Cohoes recruit class member(s) care to answer this question?

Comment

• Originally posted by morningstar77 View Post
                                Thanks for the info... lets all pray it is correct and let us all stay positive and focused on the prize that is sure to come... Lets live as though it is already done...Lets keep our noses clean and our weight down... Brothers and sisters we are almost there.
                                You're welcome. Yes, we are almost there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9304 users online. 271 members and 9033 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X