300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
    NYS fiscal year is April 1-March 31st of following year. So next budget won't be passed until next spring.
    I know the budget doesn't take effect until the spring, but it is often submitted and made public before that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
      I know the budget doesn't take effect until the spring, but it is often submitted and made public before that.
      True..this year the gov. released it in mid January.

Comment

• Court Officer processing

Hello Everyone, I started reading this thread a few weeks ago and wish I found it sooner, it would have shed a lot of light on a few things but luckily everything has managed to go well for me in my process. I received my letter July 26th from OCA stating that I have successfully completed all phases of my background investigation and that my name would be certified for appointment when they begin hiring. I was very happy. I also did not have to undergo a board review. Just to give a bit of insight, my investigator, A very great person informed me when I asked if there was any word on when a class would be put in that it is up to the chief judge when they will hire and the union pushing for more officers. He stated that he does have many colleagues still working in the courts and they all tell him all the time that they are extremely short handed. However, he said it could take a security issue at a court for them to realize just how short handed they are but no matter what eventually they will have no choice but to hire. I agree with past posters in here, It will probably be done after the next budget comes out. Hopefully it will be a big class and we will all be in. Good luck to everyone. I have to shave off a few pounds again to meet the weight requirement again. But I know I'll do what I have to. Hope to see you all in a few months in the academy. Good luck!!!
        Last edited by Hoping4it; 08-23-2012, 12:43 AM. Reason: misspelled word

Comment

• [QUOTE=Hoping4it;3127239]Hello Everyone, I started reading this thread a few weeks ago and wish I found it sooner, it would have shed a lot of light on a few things but luckily everything has managed to go well for me in my process. I received my letter July 26th from OCA stating that I have successfully completed all phases of my background investigation and that my name would be certified for appointment when they begin hiring. I was very happy. I also did not have to undergo a board review. Just to give a bit of insight, my investigator, A very great person informed me when I asked if there was any word on when a class would be put in that it is up to the chief judge when they will hire and the union pushing for more officers. He stated that he does have many colleagues still working in the courts and they all tell him all the time that they are extremely short handed. However, he said it could take a security issue at a court for them to realize just how short handed they are but no matter what eventually they will have no choice but to hire. I agree with past posters in here, It will probably be done after the next budget comes out. Hopefully it will be a big class and we will all be in. Good luck to everyone. I have to shave off a few pounds again to meet the weight requirement again. But I know I'll do what I have to. Hope to see you all in a few months in the academy. Good luck!!![/

Congrats! How long did your background take?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoping4it View Post
            Hello Everyone, I started reading this thread a few weeks ago and wish I found it sooner, it would have shed a lot of light on a few things but luckily everything has managed to go well for me in my process. I received my letter July 26th from OCA stating that I have successfully completed all phases of my background investigation and that my name would be certified for appointment when they begin hiring. I was very happy. I also did not have to undergo a board review. Just to give a bit of insight, my investigator, A very great person informed me when I asked if there was any word on when a class would be put in that it is up to the chief judge when they will hire and the union pushing for more officers. He stated that he does have many colleagues still working in the courts and they all tell him all the time that they are extremely short handed. However, he said it could take a security issue at a court for them to realize just how short handed they are but no matter what eventually they will have no choice but to hire. I agree with past posters in here, It will probably be done after the next budget comes out. Hopefully it will be a big class and we will all be in. Good luck to everyone. I have to shave off a few pounds again to meet the weight requirement again. But I know I'll do what I have to. Hope to see you all in a few months in the academy. Good luck!!!
            Congrats, How many weigh-ins are there? I am now well below but I wanted to start lifting again and cut down on my cardio. The only problem is I start gaining lbs. I don't want to get through everything and some how mess up my weigh in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
              Congrats, How many weigh-ins are there? I am now well below but I wanted to start lifting again and cut down on my cardio. The only problem is I start gaining lbs. I don't want to get through everything and some how mess up my weigh in.
              I believe there are 3 in total. Pre-Medical screening, Full Medical, and Pre-Appointment medical.

Comment

• From start to finish, I took the test in December of 2009, got my grad I believe some time around June of 2010, They contacted me to start my process (pre-medical) in February of 2011. Everything went pretty fast for a few months. I had my pre-medical in (these dates are approximate) the beginning of february, Took my full medical in the middle of march. I took my Job abilities (agility) test in Late april. That day I received my background packet. Then when I went in for my written psych in June I met with my investigator and gave him my packet. We went over a few things in the packet. I kept in touch with my investigator every 1-1 1/2 months. I wanted him to know my name but not be tired of hearing from me. He asked me for about 2-3 written explanations on things in my packet. I got him those within hours. He asked me for an earning statement. I got that for him the same day. But the process pretty much stopped from June 2011 to June 2012. Other than keeping contact with my investigator no other steps happened. Then I got a letter in mid may telling me to report for my oral psych in late June. I almost thought they forgot about me. The psych that I took was in Yonkers, it was kinda unexpected. I am guessing the psychologist is contracted by OCA because the office was inside a house in the middle of a neighborhood. Don't get flustered if the psych seems like it didn't go well, I walked out of there not really sure how it went and to my surprise received my letter a month later. As someone said a few weeks back just be sure to get everything for your investigator when they ask and as quickly as possible. Dragging your feet will make the process take more time. As far as weigh ins, I did 2 weigh ins so far and I'm fully expecting another one if/when i get called for the job. I'd stick with the cardio. Its too great of a job to try to mess around with some lifting and find yourself overweight. Its much easier and faster to lose fat than muscle. I need to shed a few pounds, I came in 5 pounds under for my weigh ins but over the last year of inactivity I put some back on so as soon as that letter came in I started hitting the gym hard again. Lastly, as far as the class I think everyone is right on about the new budget. Probably won't see a class til spring 2013. I hope sooner but that makes sense. Unless they slated money in the 2012 budget to pay for a class to go in (which obviously none went in) and didn't use the money, we will have to wait. I look forward to hopefully seeing everyone there though. Good luck to everyone who just started their process. Hopefully we all get that much desired letter.

Comment

• Our guys "OMH" are leaving for the academy in 2 weeks so I guess anything is possible.

Comment

• Hi All,
                    Haven't read this board in a long time. My list number is 3XXX. I guess I should anticipate having to take the test again in 2013? Good luck to those who have begun the process. You are almost there!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosalie11228 View Post
                      Hi All,
                      Haven't read this board in a long time. My list number is 3XXX. I guess I should anticipate having to take the test again in 2013? Good luck to those who have begun the process. You are almost there!
                      Rosalie, You should open yourself upstate. You would have started the process already.

Comment

Our guys "OMH" are leaving for the academy in 2 weeks so I guess anything is possible.
                        Max, where are you in OMH? I'm OMH on Long Island.

Comment

Rosalie, You should open yourself upstate. You would have started the process already.
                          It does seem like upstate is trying to hustle the process along. Having to bring my background packet with me to the agility test and meeting with my BI right after.

Comment

• Great job by these Officers and Sergeants !! http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1143149
                            Last edited by soon2retire; 08-24-2012, 09:05 AM.
                            RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Great job guys! I know one of the officers involved. Great guy. I wonder why OCA is dragging thier feet with hiring while shootings and attempted murders are taking place just minutes from our facilities?
                              http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                              NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoping4it View Post
                                Max, where are you in OMH? I'm OMH on Long Island.
                                Rochester

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12479 users online. 414 members and 12065 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X