Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Cravan View Post
    Congrats Isler45. How was the review board process? I assume it was very nerve racking.
    Yes Isler45 I'm also interested what the process was like. What exactly did it entail?

    Comment


    • It is a bit nerve racking. You are seated around a table of people and asked several questions. You have to wait for a letter in the mail for the results.

      I believe what others have said is correct. Not everyone has to do this step.

      Let's just hope they start hiring. People retire each year. They have to replace them eventually.
      Last edited by isler45; 08-19-2012, 02:23 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by isler45 View Post
        It is a bit nerve racking. You are seated around a table of people and asked several questions. You have to wait for a letter in the mail for the results.

        I believe what others have said is correct. Not everyone has to do this step.

        Let's just hope they start hiring. People retire each year. They have to replace them eventually.
        Glad you passed it. Like I've stated before, I am confident that the OCA will have a new recruit class after the next budget is passed. The NYS police had a hiring freeze for about three years and now they hired some new officers in early 2012. Some of those officers were in limbo just like me and had to wait years to get on the job.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by isler45 View Post
          It is a bit nerve racking. You are seated around a table of people and asked several questions. You have to wait for a letter in the mail for the results.

          I believe what others have said is correct. Not everyone has to do this step.

          Let's just hope they start hiring. People retire each year. They have to replace them eventually.

          Check your PM. I sent you a message.

          Comment


          • Does anyone know if/when they new court officer academy is going to be completed? Haven't heard too much about it. Wondering if they might be waiting on that.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by isler45 View Post
              Does anyone know if/when they new court officer academy is going to be completed? Haven't heard too much about it. Wondering if they might be waiting on that.
              Feel free to read any of the previous posts...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by isler45 View Post
                Does anyone know if/when they new court officer academy is going to be completed? Haven't heard too much about it. Wondering if they might be waiting on that.
                Hey,

                The new academy was supposed to be completed by September 2012, but now, it might be completed by April 2013. We'll see what happens.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by isler45 View Post
                  It is a bit nerve racking. You are seated around a table of people and asked several questions. You have to wait for a letter in the mail for the results.

                  I believe what others have said is correct. Not everyone has to do this step.

                  Let's just hope they start hiring. People retire each year. They have to replace them eventually.
                  What types of questions do they ask you? I am sure its not casual conversation like "How is your father doing"

                  Comment


                  • Just about any red flags that you have in your past. Not going into specifics on here.

                    Comment


                    • So it's been a while, anyone know when we can sneak a peek at the 2013-14 budget? I thought I remember it surfacing sometime in the mid-fall/early winter time period but I could totally be making that up.

                      On the topic of making things up, I also had a dream that I was called for the academy on September 13

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by g60gti View Post
                        It was around 2 weeks from first canvas letter to pre screening letter. 3 weeks from first canvas letter to pre screening appointment. Processing for 8thJD.
                        PM Sent

                        Comment


                        • Thanks be to God... I have finally completed all phases of the screening process. Hold tight brothers our time is coming!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by morningstar77 View Post
                            Thanks be to God... I have finally completed all phases of the screening process. Hold tight brothers our time is coming!
                            congrats

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
                              So it's been a while, anyone know when we can sneak a peek at the 2013-14 budget? I thought I remember it surfacing sometime in the mid-fall/early winter time period but I could totally be making that up.

                              On the topic of making things up, I also had a dream that I was called for the academy on September 13
                              NYS fiscal year is April 1-March 31st of following year. So next budget won't be passed until next spring.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by isler45 View Post
                                congrats
                                Thanks

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8494 users online. 463 members and 8031 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X