Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
    Blackangel...did you get hired?
    Not yet I'm still waiting. I was one of the first canvassed for NYC in October 2010. I've been done with everything since November 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
      If you're not dressed with a blazer or in a suit but rather dress shirt slacks and tie....are they going to tell you to go home? My contact at the OCA said shirt, slacks and tie..but no jacket.
      Originally posted by CNY Lee View Post
      I asked the same question to the person I had to contact and she said business attire is a suit. I would feel better just going in with a shirt, tie and slacks but maybe they use the process to see who's actually paying attention to detail. Just like the good old Army..... "I don't care if it's right or wrong just do exactly what I tell you to do"...... LOL Use to love that.....
      Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
      You're right about the "paying attention to detail" part. But I will bet if you come in business casual or less you will not be turned away.

At, the Pre-Med....50% of the people had suits on. 30% had the shirt & tie/slacks or Dress blouse skirt/slacks. 10% wore casual clothes like if they were going to a doctors appointment/bank/mall/etc.

They did not turn anyone away, but they did state to everyone who wasn't in a suit or had a Blazer, that they will have to wear one as they continue on through the process. They even stated to the ladies that they will have to wear SLACKS with their BLAZER. Some of the women were in nice business skirts & dresses, but were told slacks were required.
      Last edited by TruGuardian; 08-10-2012, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Thank god for this forum, everything seems to be a guessing game with the state...no different from the military I guess! Gonna be safer than sorry and just wear a suit. I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way, just as a suggestion from someone who's been around the block...as they say in the military "if you're not early you're late". Plan it out and try not to be "that guy" or girl. Good luck everyone with upcoming pre meds, looking forward to mine!

Comment

• Has anyone on here been requested to appear for the board review? I was just wondering what to expect. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
            Still seems like overkill to me but if thats what they want. I am going to do it. A suit, tie and some nice shiny shoes. Like going to prom
            Max... you've had me in suspense all day... how was it!?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1sweetworld View Post
              Max... you've had me in suspense all day... how was it!?
              1sweet, I just got home. I passed everything.I am guessing they DQ'ed about 25% of the candidates as they had certain people sitting on different sides of the room. Nobody was turned away for dress code but I did hear them telling people to make sure to wear business atire at next appt. They make you weigh in with full clothes but also height is determined with shoes on so I was 6'1" at 195 lbs. Eye test was normal DMV style and they also do BP. I think a couple people got DQ'ed for high BP and I know some got DQ'ed for weight. You were right about parking, what a pain. Let me know how everything goes.I am on to the next round which is on 9/4/2012 (Full med)..

Comment

1sweet, I just got home. I passed everything.I am guessing they DQ'ed about 25% of the candidates as they had certain people sitting on different sides of the room. Nobody was turned away for dress code but I did hear them telling people to make sure to wear business atire at next appt. They make you weigh in with full clothes but also height is determined with shoes on so I was 6'1" at 195 lbs. Eye test was normal DMV style and they also do BP. I think a couple people got DQ'ed for high BP and I know some got DQ'ed for weight. You were right about parking, what a pain. Let me know how everything goes.I am on to the next round which is on 9/4/2012 (Full med)..
                That's so exciting! Now to determine which shoes will make me the tallest Did they say where your full med will be held? Back in syracuse for you, or do you get another letter with info later? I kept getting this sick feeling this morning and had to check my letter 3 times to make sure my appointment wasn't today and is still on the 16th! So glad things went well for you, makes me even more excited for mine!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1sweetworld View Post
                  That's so exciting! Now to determine which shoes will make me the tallest Did they say where your full med will be held? Back in syracuse for you, or do you get another letter with info later? I kept getting this sick feeling this morning and had to check my letter 3 times to make sure my appointment wasn't today and is still on the 16th! So glad things went well for you, makes me even more excited for mine!
                  After you pass all your Pre-Med stuff you see a court lady (Gladys) who gives you some med questionair sheets and your next appt. date. Yes my full med. is located in the exact same location so I will be back in Syracuse on 9/4. Good luck on Thurs.

Comment

• Congrats Max. Good to hear that things went well for you today.

Comment

• Just curious how long it all took?

Thanks
                      Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by isler45 View Post
                        Has anyone on here been requested to appear for the board review? I was just wondering what to expect. Thanks.
                        I havent been on in awhile. Like Cravan i am also 1 of the members of the cancelled class still hanging in limbo. To answer your question on the review board. Be prepared to get question'd on everything in your past. They will give you the riot act about all the little things in your past. I remember going for my review board and we sat in an area and they took us 1 at a time. Several people just came out shaking their heads saying that was it and 1 woman came out crying. Be prepared to explain anything that may have happened in your past. And try not to let them rattle you. This is your last test. And for the love of god make sure you are wearing a suit and tie.
                        Test 45-722
                        Rank 21XX
                        was scheduled for january 6th 2011 class that was cancelled

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCtOfr View Post
                          I havent been on in awhile. Like Cravan i am also 1 of the members of the cancelled class still hanging in limbo. To answer your question on the review board. Be prepared to get question'd on everything in your past. They will give you the riot act about all the little things in your past. I remember going for my review board and we sat in an area and they took us 1 at a time. Several people just came out shaking their heads saying that was it and 1 woman came out crying. Be prepared to explain anything that may have happened in your past. And try not to let them rattle you. This is your last test. And for the love of god make sure you are wearing a suit and tie.
                          Is this to appeal a DQ? Or is this part of the normal process (evaluation board)?

Comment

Interesting....at our site. They checked our height with shoes OFF, and also rounded down and not up. The only thing I didn't like with weighing in, was if you had a lot junk in your pocket(cellphone, keys, wallet, a socket wrench set, firearm, cuffs, etc.) it could add an extra 5 lbs or more to your weight. Especially if you're on the borderline, and if you height is rounded down then you're qualifying weight standard could be different than you expected go into the Pre-Med...Ex. your 5'8" and 3/4, so you consider yourself 5'9". You come in weighing 192, the require weight is 194 for that height. You thinking you're good to go, and then they measure you at 5'8" and your require weight is now 189lbs. You have the items and clothes on as I mentioned above. You weighing in at 198lbs, and possibly being DQ'd depending on the rational and leniency of the staff.
                            Last edited by TruGuardian; 08-15-2012, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TruGuardian View Post
                              Interesting....at our site. They checked our height with shoes OFF, and also rounded down and not up. The only thing I didn't like with weighing in, was if you had a lot junk in your pocket(cellphone, keys, wallet, a socket wrench set, firearm, cuffs, etc.) it could add an extra 5 lbs or more to your weight. Especially if you're on the borderline, and if you height is rounded down then you're qualifying weight standard could be different than you expected go into the Pre-Med...Ex. your 5'8" and 3/4, so you consider yourself 5'9". You come in weighing 192, the require weight is 194 for that height. You thinking you're good to go, and then they measure you at 5'8" and your require weight is now 189lbs. You have the items and clothes on as I mentioned above. You weighing in at 198lbs, and possibly being DQ'd depending on the rational and leniency of the staff.
                              And thats the funny thing is some of the guys were only over by 5 to 10 lbs. I would have started shedding clothes right down to my birthday suit if I was in that situation. I weighed in with a full suit, shoes and had a cell, wallet and car keys in my pocket. They did not care. They just said stand on the scale. I was wearing dress shoes so that probably added an inch to my height as they had me at 6' 1" but still some of these guys got DQ'ed for being 5lbs over. Where some people got nailed was on BP. I went in completely relaxed and still had a 129/80 when I am a 110/70 all day. I think they need to calibrate thier sphygmomanometer. Anyway I passed this round so its on to Medical!

Comment

• Originally posted by CNY Lee View Post
                                Just curious how long it all took?

Thanks
                                Lee
                                The actual exam was about 30 minutes but there was about 2 hours of waiting.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10513 users online. 319 members and 10194 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X