300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
    Got my Pre-Med on Aug. 14. Thank god I only have to drive to Syracuse. Anyone else got the pre-med on the 14th in Syracuse?
    Max good luck next week... like i said before, mines the 16th in Syracuse. I'm so anxious for it, my BP will probably be through the roof by time I get there! LOL. Does anyone know if a bunch of people have the same appointment times, or are they staggered throughout the day? Be careful with the parking in Syracuse Max, it's a pain - I used to work in that building and they would ticket people like crazy around the area.

Comment

• Mines the 16th also, I'm so nervous I could crap myself.... LOL

Comment

• In reference, to the Business Attire discussion a few weeks back....they require a Blazer be worn, if not a suit. No shirt and tie alone...(like it's not summer, smh) despite the staff, facillitating the Pre-Meds were in shirt & tie. Lead by example, I always say.

Comment

• Originally posted by TruGuardian View Post
          In reference, to the Business Attire discussion a few weeks back....they require a Blazer be worn, if not a suit. No shirt and tie alone...(like it's not summer, smh) despite the staff, facillitating the Pre-Meds were in shirt & tie. Lead by example, I always say.
          If you're not dressed with a blazer or in a suit but rather dress shirt slacks and tie....are they going to tell you to go home? My contact at the OCA said shirt, slacks and tie..but no jacket.

Comment

• I asked the same question to the person I had to contact and she said business attire is a suit. I would feel better just going in with a shirt, tie and slacks but maybe they use the process to see who's actually paying attention to detail. Just like the good old Army..... "I don't care if it's right or wrong just do exactly what I tell you to do"...... LOL Use to love that.....

Comment

• Originally posted by CNY Lee View Post
              I asked the same question to the person I had to contact and she said business attire is a suit. I would feel better just going in with a shirt, tie and slacks but maybe they use the process to see who's actually paying attention to detail. Just like the good old Army..... "I don't care if it's right or wrong just do exactly what I tell you to do"...... LOL Use to love that.....
              You're right about the "paying attention to detail" part. But I will bet if you come in business casual or less you will not be turned away.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1sweetworld View Post
                Max good luck next week... like i said before, mines the 16th in Syracuse. I'm so anxious for it, my BP will probably be through the roof by time I get there! LOL. Does anyone know if a bunch of people have the same appointment times, or are they staggered throughout the day? Be careful with the parking in Syracuse Max, it's a pain - I used to work in that building and they would ticket people like crazy around the area.
                Where is the best place to park? Is that lot just to the north of the Sate Building for general public? I was going to ride the motorcycle but if I need to be in a suit and tie I guess I am going to have to take my 12 MPG Hemi.

Comment

• Personally, I've always treated every OCA appointment like a job interview and wore a suit and tie. With the exception of the PAT, where you are instructed to wear athletic attire.
                  Last edited by Cravan; 08-09-2012, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
                    Where is the best place to park? Is that lot just to the north of the Sate Building for general public? I was going to ride the motorcycle but if I need to be in a suit and tie I guess I am going to have to take my 12 MPG Hemi.
                    There is a lot of street parking surrounding the building, just be sure to mind the meters around there. Most of the closest lots are for employees only, the lot attached to the building is by permit only. There are 2 lots that are to the south-east corner of the building, across the street, but I'm not sure if they are public lots. Water Street is a good place to park if you can find an open spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                      If you're not dressed with a blazer or in a suit but rather dress shirt slacks and tie....are they going to tell you to go home? My contact at the OCA said shirt, slacks and tie..but no jacket.
                      Did you read the personal history questionnaire booklet for those who have already passed the PAT? At the bottom it says you must be in a business suit and if you are not dressed appropriately you will be turned away. So if they ask for a suit for the Pre-Screen, I'm not taking my chances!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1sweetworld View Post
                        Did you read the personal history questionnaire booklet for those who have already passed the PAT? At the bottom it says you must be in a business suit and if you are not dressed appropriately you will be turned away. So if they ask for a suit for the Pre-Screen, I'm not taking my chances!
                        I agree it's better to go over dressed rather than under dressed especially for the AVU interview (after the PAT). The point I was trying to make was that I do not believe one would be turned away (for the medicals only) if they were missing a jacket but still dressed in slacks and shirt/tie. I also recall reading older posts of candidates under dressed still going through with the pre-med. Not recommending it, just stating an opinion.
                        Last edited by CivilServant14; 08-10-2012, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• I agree it's better to go over dressed rather than under dressed especially for the AVU interview (after the PAT). The point I was trying to make was that I do not believe one would be turned away (for the medicals only) if they were missing a jacket but still dressed in slacks and shirt/tie. I also recall reading older posts of candidates under dressed still going through with the pre-med. Not recommending it, just stating an opinion.

Comment

• When I took my pre med OCA didn't care either way. I wore a shirt and dress pants but people were in jeans and t-shirts. Our letters never specified. That was in 2010. If they are asking for a suit wear a suit. You don't have to drive in with the jacket on put it on right before you go in.

Comment

• Still seems like overkill to me but if thats what they want. I am going to do it. A suit, tie and some nice shiny shoes. Like going to prom

Comment

• Blackangel...did you get hired?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17450 users online. 444 members and 17006 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X