300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Knick1 View Post
    I only moved once, but the fact that I have had about 10 jobs in the past, many of them part-time or temporary, as well as 2 colleges, has no doubt prolonged the process. I am going for NYC so your situation may move along quicker if you are upstate.
    You need to contact your investigator and find out the exact problem. Waiting over a year is not the norm for the BI. If its inability to verify jobs then maybe u can submit a job abstract or something. I've transferred to many colleges and had quite a few jobs three of which went out of business before I took the test and I was not held up. Call your BI soon an find out what's wrong.

Comment

• Normally, a 1 yr. BI is way too long. But what is happening in the wonderful world of OCA lately is a whole other animal. That being said-as I have said in the past is this: a single 20 year old w/ a hs diploma that worked at 7-11 for 2 yrs. and doesn't drive is going to have much less to look into than a 40 yr. old divorced military veteran w/ a masters and combat experience. Sad but true Oh, BTW I am happily retired from the courts after a very long career. It was easier to get hired back then than to change my user name here w/out settting up a new account lol
      Last edited by soon2retire; 07-31-2012, 10:29 PM.
      RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Knick1,

It also took about 1 year for my investigator to complete my BI. Don't give up hope!!! We should all support each other because we will be co-workers sooner than you know it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackangel5288 View Post
          You need to contact your investigator and find out the exact problem.....
          Hi, first time caller, long time listener...

Over the years Ive worked in a few different locations, and Ive gotten to know many officers on a personal level; Including a few investigators.

Upon conversation at a social function, an investigator once told me something like this, when I asked regarding this exact subject:

"If an investigation takes an unusually long time, there can be several reasons such as: The person drags their feet to return items, the person is uncooperative and has to be asked the same question until enough information has been provided, or the background is intensively complex in the way of employment and or criminal history. The volume of cases that are being tended to can slow things down, but ultimately a case with these complexities will add significant time."

Its not an exact quote, but it went something like that (I was also concentrating on eating without making a mess).

There is absolutely no way that Knick1's investigator did not give him a "straight answer"...either he is dragging his feet or his background stinks like a fishmarket.

Ive worked with an officer that had over 20 some odd jobs and he was squeaky clean guy...although Im sure those 20 jobs caused some difficulty, he had no trouble getting through the process. I doubt tracking down 10 jobs would be considered an intense work history.

And another thing, Im sure whomever was told by an officer upstate that the agency is looking to hire "alot of people"....it is probably more than likely the officer said that "they need alot of people". Everything you hear doesnt always mean that "something is happening".

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
            Knick1,

It also took about 1 year for my investigator to complete my BI. Don't give up hope!!! We should all support each other because we will be co-workers sooner than you know it.
            Thanks Cravan, appreciate all your info.

Comment

• 1Vette, thanks for the response. I shouldn't have said he didn't give me a straight answer, let's say when asking about the remaining portion of the BI he would keep asking me for more, or say he's still waiting to hear back from such and such, etc. I guess I may have dragged my feet a bit due to the bleak outlook from the hiring freeze. However after getting some things squared away recently I should get a definitive answer this week when I speak to him. The only blemishes on my record are a few violations, never been arrested so I don't see how my background would prevent me from being hired.

Comment

• When my sister comes over, sometimes she will fart and blame it on my cat.

It wasnt fair of you to publicly blame someone else, when it now appears that you dropped the ball.
                Hiring freeze or not, you are the one with the vested interest and play a key role in getting this done.
                Last edited by 1Vette; 08-01-2012, 08:32 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Is what it is sad man, sorry we cant all have a 'top 20' score from the air force. I have a unique situation just like everyone else, nothing that would prevent me from getting this job. If you are so annoyed by postings on this forum, check out buddy. Candidates are sharing information. You may have your case closed but you are obviously as anxious as the rest of us if you are constantly checking the forum so pipe down soldier.
                  LOL, no I'm annoyed by you and your "unique situation". I just graduated from NYPD academy. Don't hate because I served my country while you sat at home and played x-box.Yes I'm waiting, have been for a little while now and would love to be hired by the Courts. (weekends and holidays off) . My point is that people get on this site and cry foul, "why is it taking so long?" " I got canvassed for the 3rd district and i live in the Bronx", "My investigator sucks". Like I said before Knick1 " THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE". No worries ,That's the way the Graham Cracker crumbles. Linsanity......................................

Comment

• Originally posted by sadsack View Post
                    LOL, no I'm annoyed by you and your "unique situation". I just graduated from NYPD academy. Don't hate because I served my country while you sat at home and played x-box.Yes I'm waiting, have been for a little while now and would love to be hired by the Courts. (weekends and holidays off) . My point is that people get on this site and cry foul, "why is it taking so long?" " I got canvassed for the 3rd district and i live in the Bronx", "My investigator sucks". Like I said before Knick1 " THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE". No worries ,That's the way the Graham Cracker crumbles. Linsanity......................................
                    You make no sense kid, carry on

Comment

You make no sense kid, carry on
                      LOL , that would be Officer to you....... twice over...Capt. in the Airforce with 6 years wartime experience and now with NYPD. Maybe someday you'll know what it feels like........ Yeah I'm proud and arrogant. Deal with it.............. lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by sadsack View Post
                        LOL , that would be Officer to you....... twice over...Capt. in the Airforce with 6 years wartime experience and now with NYPD. Maybe someday you'll know what it feels like........ Yeah I'm proud and arrogant. Deal with it.............. lmao
                        My dude, you ok man? You need a hug? Family issues? Best of luck little buddy

Comment

• This is ridiculous. You boys play nice
                          Last edited by 1Vette; 08-01-2012, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1Vette View Post
                            This is ridiculous. You boys play nice

The Moderation on this forum is inefficient at times...IJS

Comment

• Knick1.....I understand the frustration......But you've got to understand you have no claim on anything. You are on a list with thousands of others all qualified to do the job. You are participating in a process and, like any other process in civil service, it moves along slowly and unevenly. Get used to it. Officers in the Courts or any LE job will tell you the same. If your attitude shows through to your investigator it will not help speed things along.

Comment

• Hello everyone I'm a first time poster.

Brothers and sisters please don't let the frustration of waiting sour your hope. Insulting one another is not the energy that is needed right now...

Arrogance and rudeness are not virtues although patience is...

Let build up and not tear apart. Many of us have been waiting a very long time... My BI took well over a year due to the length of my history. I don't have a criminal record I have an excellent work history with references from politicians, clergy and all manner of professionals. My background was just long and complicated. Just give your investigator what is asked for and it will get done.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6996 users online. 325 members and 6671 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X