Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey Cravan-
    Sent you a PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
      Hey Cravan-
      Sent you a PM.
      Got it. Check your PM.

      Comment


      • Good afternoon,

        I have my BI appt scheduled for next week. I already passed my Physical Agility Test. Any tips or insights on what to expect on that day? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

        Comment


        • Got back from my vacation and got my pre-med appointment in the mail. Called and confirmed the appointment. My appointment is 9/19 in Cohoes and it is for the 4JD. Feels good now to have a date and time. Good luck to all for our pre-meds.

          Comment


          • Just make sure you know your employment history in detail. Be totally honest with the investigator and he will be cool. My BI has been going on for well over a year, I really hope to land this job one day soon.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Knick1 View Post
              Just make sure you know your employment history in detail. Be totally honest with the investigator and he will be cool. My BI has been going on for well over a year, I really hope to land this job one day soon.
              A year? Has your BI told you what the hold up was? I know it could take 6 months +, but over a year seems a bit lengthy.

              Comment


              • I don't get a straight answer as to why it's taking so long. I assume the hiring freeze is forcing them to really slow down the process because I dont have any major hold ups.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                  A year? Has your BI told you what the hold up was? I know it could take 6 months +, but over a year seems a bit lengthy.
                  Every one's background is different. I guess if you have an easy background your case will get done sooner. If you have stuff in your background( ie Violations , summonses, arrests) it would take longer. Just like the State Police they want hire people with clean backgrounds. They have thousands of people to pick from, why would they waste their time on people that have a questioable past? Passing the test doesnt guarantee a job, your past guarantees your future. famous words from my investigator. btw my case was finished a long time ago... waiting like the rest of us

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Knick1 View Post
                    I don't get a straight answer as to why it's taking so long. I assume the hiring freeze is forcing them to really slow down the process because I dont have any major hold ups.
                    Do you have many residencies or many jobs in your past? I have moved quite a bit and changed jobs so I think this will make the process longer for myself.

                    Comment


                    • I only moved once, but the fact that I have had about 10 jobs in the past, many of them part-time or temporary, as well as 2 colleges, has no doubt prolonged the process. I am going for NYC so your situation may move along quicker if you are upstate.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Knick1 View Post
                        I don't get a straight answer as to why it's taking so long. I assume the hiring freeze is forcing them to really slow down the process because I dont have any major hold ups.
                        take a look in the mirror bro. The first step to recovery is to admit there's a problem....... I have seven buddies that have processed and been accepted by the evaluation board. All had different investigators and their backgrounds were completed. Maybe the problem is that we all use these blogs to harp about how long the process takes. Granted some of us have waited a long time ( none longer than the almighty Cravan, who some how has become an authority on Court Officer issues) but your past is your past. You can post on here that you dont understand, and that you dont get a straight answer but the truth will set you free.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Knick1 View Post
                          I only moved once, but the fact that I have had about 10 jobs in the past, many of them part-time or temporary, as well as 2 colleges, has no doubt prolonged the process. I am going for NYC so your situation may move along quicker if you are upstate.
                          I am sure the OCA is trying to contact all previous employers and some may not be in operation anymore which can slow things down. I'm sure it will all work out in the end as long as you don't have anything negative on your record. As for the colleges, I don't think that would slow it down because your info is readily available upon request.

                          Comment


                          • Is what it is sad man, sorry we cant all have a 'top 20' score from the air force. I have a unique situation just like everyone else, nothing that would prevent me from getting this job. If you are so annoyed by postings on this forum, check out buddy. Candidates are sharing information. You may have your case closed but you are obviously as anxious as the rest of us if you are constantly checking the forum so pipe down soldier.

                            Comment


                            • Thank you CivilServant best of luck to you as well

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by sadsack View Post
                                take a look in the mirror bro. The first step to recovery is to admit there's a problem....... I have seven buddies that have processed and been accepted by the evaluation board. All had different investigators and their backgrounds were completed. Maybe the problem is that we all use these blogs to harp about how long the process takes. Granted some of us have waited a long time ( none longer than the almighty Cravan, who some how has become an authority on Court Officer issues) but your past is your past. You can post on here that you dont understand, and that you dont get a straight answer but the truth will set you free.
                                You should have just PM'd cravan, and told him how you really felt.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9815 users online. 335 members and 9480 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X