300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
    I know you guys are really excited to be starting the process, but we've all been told numerous 'potential' start dates for the academy. Most recently my investigator said possible December or January, however April makes the most sense since that would start the new fiscal year for NYS.
    This is so true. My investigator told me either January or April

Comment

• Originally posted by bkny2015 View Post
      did they restart the court officer academy? I know lots of people waiting still from the old list after the academy class was postponed.
      No they did not restart or are planning for any academy class within the next few months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walo View Post
        Pretty sure the fiscal year in NYC starts in July
        OCA is a state agency, they do not follow NYC fiscal year. OCA's starts and ends in April

Comment

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
          I am going to have to get all gussied up to take a pre-med. Wow thats a first. I just hope we don't have to do the physical agility in the same.
          You do not have to wear business attire at the PAT.

Comment

• I have a strong feeling that a new recruit class will be hired after the budget is passed on April 1, 2013.

Comment

• I'm glad to see upstate (JD's 3-8) candidates finally being processed. This is a very positive sign of a new recruit class in the near future.

Comment

• Anyone who has gone through the background process know if we have to turn in "dispositions" of past moving violations?

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                  Anyone who has gone through the background process know if we have to turn in "dispositions" of past moving violations?
                  Are you talking about, for example, pleading a speeding ticket down to a parking infraction? If so, we were told that they want to know what the original summons was issued for.

Comment

Are you talking about, for example, pleading a speeding ticket down to a parking infraction? If so, we were told that they want to know what the original summons was issued for.
                    They always put that crap on paperwork and it never comes up. I have been hired on at 3 different LE agencies and they never brought it up. You need to worry if anything major is going to show up. (felonies, unpaid loans, domestic disputes, ect,ect,ect)

Comment

• Has anyone done the hand steadiness test during the PAT. That looks to be like the only part that is difficult.

Comment

• I've done it and it was not that difficult, just control your breathing and you should be fine. Then again I was lucky enough to not have to do it after the arm cycle.
                        NYPD Exam: 0140, List# XX

Completed...

NYS Court Officer Exam: 45-758

Completed...

Comment

I recall reading on this forum that dispositions were requested by BI even before the investigation began. I had moving violations many years ago but I don't have any paperwork with me.

Comment

• I took the last court officer test and ranked in the low 5 thousands. Do you think I got a shot of getting called for the NYC district? Is my score good enough or am I going to have to retake the test and get a better score?

Comment

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
                              Has anyone done the hand steadiness test during the PAT. That looks to be like the only part that is difficult.
                              It's easy to overcompensate when you touch an edge, and then you end up bouncing around and hitting it several times. They're not expecting you to touch 0 times, so just stay calm and focused. Doing some forearm exercises can't hurt.

Comment

It's easy to overcompensate when you touch an edge, and then you end up bouncing around and hitting it several times. They're not expecting you to touch 0 times, so just stay calm and focused. Doing some forearm exercises can't hurt.
                                How big is the hole? How big is the sensor rod? i wanna get some idea what this is going to be like. I think that first part came out wrong

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7476 users online. 416 members and 7060 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X