Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Got my pre-med letter yesterday, just have confirm the schedule appointment.
    Last edited by TruGuardian; 07-24-2012, 09:46 PM.

    Comment


    • Received mine as well. Heading to Cohoes in September. Anyone else for the 3rd JD?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
        Received mine as well. Heading to Cohoes in September. Anyone else for the 3rd JD?
        Got mine as well for 9/14 for Cohoes

        Comment


        • Originally posted by civilservant14 View Post
          received mine as well. Heading to cohoes in september. Anyone else for the 3rd jd?

          i...

          Comment


          • It's good to see that things are still moving. Good luck to all!!!

            Comment


            • did they restart the court officer academy? I know lots of people waiting still from the old list after the academy class was postponed.

              Comment


              • Question for those who have already completed the pre-med:
                Did you wear business attire (suit) or just khakis and dress shirt for the pre-med and full medical? The form states we need to be in business attire.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                  Question for those who have already completed the pre-med:
                  Did you wear business attire (suit) or just khakis and dress shirt for the pre-med and full medical? The form states we need to be in business attire.
                  I believe my form at the time said business casual and I wore khakis and a polo. But if mine had said business attire I would have worn a suit.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                    Question for those who have already completed the pre-med:
                    Did you wear business attire (suit) or just khakis and dress shirt for the pre-med and full medical? The form states we need to be in business attire.
                    Business attire essentially is a Dress shirt/Tie/and Slacks/Khakis.

                    No Tie or a Polo, with slacks/khakis is Business casual.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TruGuardian View Post
                      Business attire essentially is a Dress shirt/Tie/and Slacks/Khakis.

                      No Tie or a Polo, with slacks/khakis is Business casual.
                      That's what the woman from OCA just told me. She said dress shirt, tie and slacks. My first thought was a suit when I saw "business attire".
                      Last edited by CivilServant14; 07-25-2012, 10:54 AM.

                      Comment


                      • I am going to have to get all gussied up to take a pre-med. Wow thats a first. I just hope we don't have to do the physical agility in the same.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                          Question for those who have already completed the pre-med:
                          Did you wear business attire (suit) or just khakis and dress shirt for the pre-med and full medical? The form states we need to be in business attire.
                          Had my medical yesterday (buffalo). I was dressed in a shirt/tie/dress pants. Saw others in full jackets, khakis, polo shirts. It's just nurses and 2 court officers over watching and helping with any questions on paperwork. Started out with some paperwork, medical questionnaire, then blood work, urine sample, breathing test, hearing test, met with doctor for a quick physical (like a check up). Turned in paperwork, was told no news is good news on the results, will get something back the 2nd week of August on the pt test date which is looking to be the 3rd week of august. Court officer there told me they are looking to "hire a lot" and this is for the April academy. Took a walk a few blocks away to get chest X-rays, now just sit and wait.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Swartz319 View Post
                            Had my medical yesterday (buffalo). I was dressed in a shirt/tie/dress pants. Saw others in full jackets, khakis, polo shirts. It's just nurses and 2 court officers over watching and helping with any questions on paperwork. Started out with some paperwork, medical questionnaire, then blood work, urine sample, breathing test, hearing test, met with doctor for a quick physical (like a check up). Turned in paperwork, was told no news is good news on the results, will get something back the 2nd week of August on the pt test date which is looking to be the 3rd week of august. Court officer there told me they are looking to "hire a lot" and this is for the April academy. Took a walk a few blocks away to get chest X-rays, now just sit and wait.
                            I know you guys are really excited to be starting the process, but we've all been told numerous 'potential' start dates for the academy. Most recently my investigator said possible December or January, however April makes the most sense since that would start the new fiscal year for NYS.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
                              I know you guys are really excited to be starting the process, but we've all been told numerous 'potential' start dates for the academy. Most recently my investigator said possible December or January, however April makes the most sense since that would start the new fiscal year for NYS.
                              Pretty sure the fiscal year in NYC starts in July
                              8314
                              xx

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
                                I know you guys are really excited to be starting the process, but we've all been told numerous 'potential' start dates for the academy. Most recently my investigator said possible December or January, however April makes the most sense since that would start the new fiscal year for NYS.
                                The court officer I talked to said they were all tapped out of money to push anyone through for January.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4661 users online. 203 members and 4458 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X