Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, best of luck!!
    Originally posted by Dirk007 View Post
    Hey all! Happy Father's Day to all the dads! This may be a silly question, but my hubby was told at his very first physical fitness exam that from that point on, he should show up to anything official in a suit and tie. Does that mean he should dress up for tomorrow's pre-appointment physical? Seems silly to us but we wanna make sure he abides by the rules! Thanks!
    RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Thank you!!!

Comment

• Hey Dirk 007...did your husband dress up? I remember at the first med exam..nobody was in suit and tie. I have my final med tomorrow. Can you ask your husband if people had to be there in suits? Or if anyone else have the info about this. It would be much appreciated. Thanks

Comment

• Hey Noops. Yes, he did dress up and he was the only one that did! Everyone else was in shorts and T-shirts. And I guess there are no court officials there either. It's all medical people. So if you want to err on the side of caution, go ahead and dress up. But I don't think it's really necessary. Good luck!

Comment

• You never know who is going to show up there, so he did the right thing. If you feel funny, you can always say you're going to a funeral or something later
            RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• just for clarification.. is the pre appt. medical the same as the preliminary medical? Or is it somehow modified? Also will they tell you if you passed on the spot or do you have to wait for a letter/phone call? thanks!
              Last edited by unblindeacon; 06-22-2010, 03:08 PM.
              http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
              NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• It's the exact same thing. Chest x-ray, Vision, hearing, blood work, urine sample and blood pressure. They tell you the stuff they can tell you on the spot. So..pretty much everything except for the blood and urine tests.

Comment

• thanks for the fast response noops! I should be OK..dont have a lot of blood left anyways, relatives have been sucking it outa me for years! So you still have to wait to find out if you passed?

Comment

• yeah..so in the end...you still have to wait. But I think they should send you the results within a week. At least that was about how long the last medical results took. They said 2 weeks so we'll see. When do you go in?

Comment

• Noops,

I go in next week. My main problem is that I am contractually obligated to give at least 30 days notice before resigining my current position. So if all goes well for me next week I will try to put in a conditional resignation letter (pending results of the blood/urine tests). If I pass every other medical test (which I should..5 pounds under the weight, heaking ok, lungs good, vision is 20/10 lasik from 2 years ago etc) My urine is clean (as it should be) so as long as I dont have some kind of blood abnormality I should be good to go! I'll let you know how it goes for me.
                      Last edited by unblindeacon; 06-23-2010, 07:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• I had my Medical exam on Tuesday and was told that there is an upcoming class set for August but that they don't know who will be asked to attend the academy as it will be based on what districts are needed most and that they will take those with the best rank and those that had deferred the last academy first. Not sure of your status but you might want to wait until you get more information. Good Luck.
                        Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                        Noops,

I go in next week. My main problem is that I am contractually obligated to give at least 30 days notice before resigining my current position. So if all goes well for me next week I will try to put in a conditional resignation letter (pending results of the blood/urine tests). If I pass every other medical test (which I should..5 pounds under the weight, heaking ok, lungs good, vision is 20/10 lasik from 2 years ago etc) My urine is clean (as it should be) so as long as I dont have some kind of blood abnormality I should be good to go! I'll let you know how it goes for me.

Comment

• Received the call yesterday for the 8th JD! I'm supposed to go to my final medical in Syracuse in July. I was told the academy is set for August and that they are hiring 22 new officers for the 8th JD. Good luck to everyone that received a call or awaiting one!

Comment

• I have my medical next week and i'm 5lbs over, been trying hard to lose weight. Does anyone think i will be disqualified for 5lbs over?

Comment

• Yeah, they're strict on the weight.
                              RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• As soon2retire said, they're very strict on the weight. On that note, there will probably be another opening in the Albany region soon. I was sworn in with a local PD last evening and will be leaving the courts mid-July. I love the court officer gig, but the pay on this local department was too good to pass up (the 20 year retirement was the other big pull). Good luck to everyone in the process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5161 users online. 233 members and 4928 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X