Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and have found some great info on here from reading everyone's posts. I received my letter for the 5th JD about a week ago, now just waiting to hear when my med pre-screen will be! I've been waiting a long time for some movement with this test and hope something comes out of it! Good luck everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1sweetworld View Post
      Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and have found some great info on here from reading everyone's posts. I received my letter for the 5th JD about a week ago, now just waiting to hear when my med pre-screen will be! I've been waiting a long time for some movement with this test and hope something comes out of it! Good luck everyone!
      Congrats and welcome to the forum. I wish you all the best with this process. By the way, what is your score on the exam?

Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
        Congrats and welcome to the forum. I wish you all the best with this process. By the way, what is your score on the exam?

Good luck
        My score is 88.3 Rank 45XX.

I have also previously worked in the Parole system (not as an officer) but have just about 8 years of state service now. I know others have mentioned similar things before in the forum, but does anyone know if my teir 4 status will carry over? There is no way I want to lose that!
        Last edited by 1sweetworld; 07-03-2012, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• You'd be in Tier 4
          RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

I have also previously worked in the Parole system (not as an officer) but have just about 8 years of state service now. I know others have mentioned similar things before in the forum, but does anyone know if my teir 4 status will carry over? There is no way I want to lose that!
            Thats the nice thing about state retirement. It will follow you from job to job. I would never give up my Tier 4. Welcome and Good Luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
              Does it matter what Gen. the glock is? I like the Gen. 3 due to the similarities to the 9VE. I have not fired the Gen. 4 but have heard alot of mixed reviews mostly about Failure to eject (FTE) where the Gen. 3 never had that issue.
              Can anyone answer this. I need an excuse to purchase another firearm

Comment

Cool. I wanted to be a Parole Officer, but NYS parole have not hired officers since 2008. All of you guys/gals who work with NY state are in a great position because you can transfer over your pension and time once you become a Court Officer.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Max 1618;3088098]Can anyone answer this. I need an excuse to purchase another firearm [/QUOTE

Currently it doesn't matter. I have a Gen 3. I think the Gen 4 had some changes to the grip/tang and the dual recoil spring. As long it is has the NY+ trigger, fires & cycles properly, you should be fine. After purchasing the glock the Academy staff give it a good once over before you can carry it.
                  http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                  NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Sources: Stabbed MTA Officer Shoots, Kills Attacker At Jamaica Station

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/07/...-lirr-station/

Comment

• [QUOTE=unblindeacon;3088656]
                      Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
                      Can anyone answer this. I need an excuse to purchase another firearm [/QUOTE

Currently it doesn't matter. I have a Gen 3. I think the Gen 4 had some changes to the grip/tang and the dual recoil spring. As long it is has the NY+ trigger, fires & cycles properly, you should be fine. After purchasing the glock the Academy staff give it a good once over before you can carry it.
                      Thanks for the info. It looks like a Gen. 3 will be purchased in the next couple weeks. My gunsmith said the NY trigger is no problem.

Comment

• The recruitment site has just been updated. Not much new information but it does lay out which numbers they are up to

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackangel5288 View Post
                          The recruitment site has just been updated. Not much new information but it does lay out which numbers they are up to
                          Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• Stabbed MTA Officer Leaves Hospital, Eager To Return To The Job

Glad to hear that the MTA Police Officer is alright. He is a true hero.

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stori...urn-to-the-job

Comment

• Does having the same score on the written exam but lower rank # put you at a disadvantage during the processing? For example I scored 88 and I am ranked in 5xxx, where someone else with same score is ranked 42xx. Would this person have a better shot at being hired or is it all started anew after canvassing? I did hear there was a new list created after the canvass and this is why I am asking.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                                Does having the same score on the written exam but lower rank # put you at a disadvantage during the processing? For example I scored 88 and I am ranked in 5xxx, where someone else with same score is ranked 42xx. Would this person have a better shot at being hired or is it all started anew after canvassing? I did hear there was a new list created after the canvass and this is why I am asking.
                                Hey Civil,

How are you? A person who has a lower rank than you does have a better shot at getting hired. For example, let's say your rank is 5000 and another candidate's rank is 4999, OCA will hire that person first if a class were to happen, granted that both of you are processed and ready for hire within the same JD(s). In other words, if OCA needs 100 new recruits for a class in NYC and the 100th person's rank is 4999, they will pick that person. You would have to wait until OCA hires another NYC recruit class to get the job. I hope this helps.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10880 users online. 366 members and 10514 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X