300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
    Congrats Todd. I wish you all the best. Let me know how it goes.
    Thanks Cravan and I will keep you posted. If there is one person who truly deserves to get this job, it is you. Through your times of frustration you have kept your head up and your eye on the prize. Good luck to you. Also please keep giving out the advise in this forum regardless of different "opinions". The advice is appreciated.
    Last edited by TDD57; 06-29-2012, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd57 View Post
      Thanks Cravan and I will keep you posted. If there is one person who truly deserves to get this job, it is you. Through your times of frustration you have kept your head up and your eye on the prize. Good luck to you. Also please keep giving out the advise in this forum regardless of different "opinions". The advice is appreciated.
      You're welcome and thank you Todd. You all keep me motivated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
        4 weeks into my workout routine (P90x) and 14 pounds have fallen off. I now sit at 194 lbs and 6'. I should be ready to rumble!!!

PS: I am also in better shape then I have been in probably 15 years.
        Keep up the good work Max. You are motivating me to workout even harder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
          Keep up the good work Max. You are motivating me to workout even harder.
          Thanks Cravan, Motivation,support and a goal is everything you need!

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
            Ok I have heard enough. I'm going to end this right now.

1) Pre medical and full medical can be done on the same day. It depends on whether the applicant passes the first portion. I have never heard of the Medical and PAT being held the same day as the PAT is 6-8 hours long. However OCA does whatever they want so calling might not be a bad idea. Heres a good link http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/screening.shtml OCA has been known to change things last minute.

2) Its a shield not a badge. Badges are worn by the wackenhut security guards. I earned my shield. It becomes smaller everyday and it doesn't protect me...it makes me a target. It makes people hate me for no reason. It is what causes my brother and sister officers to get hurt.

3) Good men have worn this uniform and have died wearing this uniform. Show some respect...All of you

4) The general public dislikes LEO because of the $ we make, the benefits, the pension, and the power we have over them. I deal with thousand of people every week....very few like me because of what I represent.

I will answer any questions you guys have...even though most have already been asked & answered.
            Thank You unblindeacon for putting a quick end to this escalating arguement. If you are as good in the courts as you are in this forum your JD should be proud. Again Thank You!!!
            Last edited by Max 1618; 06-29-2012, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• Question: Does anybody know if the weight requirement is based off only height, are is also age related.

Comment

• Originally posted by TruGuardian View Post
                Question: Does anybody know if the weight requirement is based off only height, are is also age related.
                Several people told me that the requirement is what is stated. If you are 1 pound over, you fail. Does not matter what body type or age.

Comment

• Can any current CO's smash a rumor for me. I was told that all new CO's have to purchase thier own duty weapon? If so what make, model and calibre do I need? I have several pistols already but might as well get familiar with my future duty weapon. Please let me know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
                    Several people told me that the requirement is what is stated. If you are 1 pound over, you fail. Does not matter what body type or age.
                    Hey Max,

When I took the pre-appointment medical exam in late 2010 a guy I knew was over the weight requirement, but was cleared for appointment because he was mostly muscle. I would not encourage anyone to take the same risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by TruGuardian View Post
                      Question: Does anybody know if the weight requirement is based off only height, are is also age related.
                      It's based off height.

Comment

• Glock 19 with NYC trigger.....and all Court Officers have to purchase their own firearms

Comment

• When you say NYC trigger do you mean "New York Trigger" giving the glock a substancial increase on trigger pull weight? does it matter what Gen. Glock it is? I should be use to the heavy trigger pull as I already own a Smith &Wesson Sigma 9mm.

Comment

• Last I heard when I was on the job, the Courts copy the NYPD trigger.

Comment

• Yes. Its a NY plus trigger...12 pounds of force to fire
                              http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                              NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                                Yes. Its a NY plus trigger...12 pounds of force to fire
                                Does it matter what Gen. the glock is? I like the Gen. 3 due to the similarities to the 9VE. I have not fired the Gen. 4 but have heard alot of mixed reviews mostly about Failure to eject (FTE) where the Gen. 3 never had that issue.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6838 users online. 368 members and 6470 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X