300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
    look at the lack of security in those courtrooms. As bad as things are here in NY, at least OCA spends its own funds on security. Most other states contract court security to a combination of square badges and county sheriffs.
    You are so right Dinosaur.

Comment

• Hey all,

Things are starting to pick up in the courts. They are hiring for multiple positions now. I just saw a job posting for a Court Officer Captain in Queens, NY. Check out the job postings in Queens County.

http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/11jd/index.shtml

Comment

• Hey all,

Check out the job postings in Brooklyn, NY. They are also looking for a Court Officer Captain.

http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/2jd/index.shtml

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
          You should call the OCA to find out the answer to your question.
          cravan with all due respect, if all of us were to call OCA then there would be no need for this board.I know you are a BIG contributor to this forum and that you are frustrated with the process but i'm just asking a question that myself and others might need a simple answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by C21 View Post
            cravan with all due respect, if all of us were to call OCA then there would be no need for this board.I know you are a BIG contributor to this forum and that you are frustrated with the process but i'm just asking a question that myself and others might need a simple answer.
            No problem C21. Just wanted for you to obtain concrete information. It's always better to hear it from the horses mouth.

Comment

With all due respect if you read back on the forum you would find out that no your physical and medical are not combined. But hey this forum is all speculation so maybe you should call OCA like you've been advised

Comment

• 4 weeks into my workout routine (P90x) and 14 pounds have fallen off. I now sit at 194 lbs and 6'. I should be ready to rumble!!!

PS: I am also in better shape then I have been in probably 15 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackangel5288 View Post
                  With all due respect if you read back on the forum you would find out that no your physical and medical are not combined. But hey this forum is all speculation so maybe you should call OCA like you've been advised
                  I did read all the posts, and some members are saying that in upstate they do both on the same day. Morons like yourself is the reason the general public dislikes LE officers.
                  As for Cravan, i am aware that i can call OCA but figured someone on this board would have the answer. We are all here to educate each other not to be [email protected]

Its a job not Die Hard or Miami Vice...God help us all if some of you really get a badge and a gun.

Comment

I did read all the posts, and some members are saying that in upstate they do both on the same day. Morons like yourself is the reason the general public dislikes LE officers.
                    As for Cravan, i am aware that i can call OCA but figured someone on this board would have the answer. We are all here to educate each other not to be [email protected]

Its a job not Die Hard or Miami Vice...God help us all if some of you really get a badge and a gun.
                    Ok I have heard enough. I'm going to end this right now.

1) Pre medical and full medical can be done on the same day. It depends on whether the applicant passes the first portion. I have never heard of the Medical and PAT being held the same day as the PAT is 6-8 hours long. However OCA does whatever they want so calling might not be a bad idea. Heres a good link http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/screening.shtml OCA has been known to change things last minute.

2) Its a shield not a badge. Badges are worn by the wackenhut security guards. I earned my shield. It becomes smaller everyday and it doesn't protect me...it makes me a target. It makes people hate me for no reason. It is what causes my brother and sister officers to get hurt.

3) Good men have worn this uniform and have died wearing this uniform. Show some respect...All of you

4) The general public dislikes LEO because of the $ we make, the benefits, the pension, and the power we have over them. I deal with thousand of people every week....very few like me because of what I represent.

I will answer any questions you guys have...even though most have already been asked & answered.
                    http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                    NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
                      4 weeks into my workout routine (P90x) and 14 pounds have fallen off. I now sit at 194 lbs and 6'. I should be ready to rumble!!!

PS: I am also in better shape then I have been in probably 15 years.
                      Hey max, thatis good to hear. Keep it up...its not easy but will be well worth it

Comment

• Remember this when you are in a courtroom....The only person who wants to be there is you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                          Remember this when you are in a courtroom....The only person who wants to be there is you.
                          Most of the time, when I work in the parts, I don't want to be there haha.

Comment

I have never read a single post here stating the PAT and pre-med are on the same day. I have read posts that stated the pre-med and full med take place on the same day and those candidates were from upstate.

Comment

• unblindeacon thank you.

Comment

• I was a candidate only a few years ago....i remember the frustration, the questions left unanswered...lots of uncertainty....i figure I will be working with some of you in the future and if I can help I will

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11323 users online. 435 members and 10888 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X