Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I received my second letter stating that I'm moving onto the next stage for pre-medical. I'm nervous on the agility part of the test though.

    Comment


    • Spoke to my investigator a couple of weeks back, just some possibilities of something maybe in December or January. Of course, this is something that we've all been hearing for the past couple of years now, so take that with a grain of salt until the calls come in.

      Comment


      • I saw the 20/20 piece also. None of the incidents shown were from NY probably because cameras aren't usually permitted. If it was NY you would have seen many more crack heads, mutants, and skells haha. They interviewed Lt duckfield (good guy) and showed some in service baton and oc recertification.
        http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
        NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

        Comment


        • Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
          I saw the 20/20 piece also. None of the incidents shown were from NY probably because cameras aren't usually permitted. If it was NY you would have seen many more crack heads, mutants, and skells haha. They interviewed Lt duckfield (good guy) and showed some in service baton and oc recertification.
          Hey Deacon,

          Thanks for correcting me on the lieutenants name. I knew his last name started with a D, lol.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
            Spoke to my investigator a couple of weeks back, just some possibilities of something maybe in December or January. Of course, this is something that we've all been hearing for the past couple of years now, so take that with a grain of salt until the calls come in.
            Thanks for the information.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CNY Lee View Post
              I received my second letter stating that I'm moving onto the next stage for pre-medical. I'm nervous on the agility part of the test though.
              Get into top physical shape for the agility test.

              Comment


              • look at the lack of security in those courtrooms. As bad as things are here in NY, at least OCA spends its own funds on security. Most other states contract court security to a combination of square badges and county sheriffs.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                  Just received my notice today. It states that I will be receiving a pre-med package shortly.
                  Civil, What JD did you get appointed to?

                  Comment


                  • Does anyone know if the pre-medical, medical and physical agility are held at different locations around the state? Or are these all held in NYC?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
                      Does anyone know if the pre-medical, medical and physical agility are held at different locations around the state? Or are these all held in NYC?
                      Not sure about medicals but I believe the physical is done in either NYC or Cohoes.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
                        Civil, What JD did you get appointed to?
                        3rd JD..6th was my 2nd choice.

                        Comment


                        • Got my second letter stating that I have been accepted for the 4JD. My schedule pre-med will be sent to me shortly. I'm also at my target weight that OCA wants me at. Took me a little over a month to get there. I see some people are asking if they do pre-meds/ physical agility outside of NYC. They do pre-meds/physical agility in Cohoes for people outside of NYC. Things are moving, but it is still going to be a bit of a process. The guys that I know, who are Court Officers, told me that OCA will take their time in processing people. In a way it does help because it gives you the time to get in shape. OCA main weeding out process is the weight requirement. You want to be at the requirement or below. I'm going to keep working out and hopefully lose a couple more pounds. Waited too long for this opportunity and don't want to chance of missing the weigh in by a couple of pounds. I know they give you a second chance, but I would like to get it done the first time around. Good luck to all who are going into the pre-meds/physical agility. Also congrats to getting your second letters.

                          Comment


                          • I also picked and got the 3rd JD. Will my pre Med include the agility test?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by C21 View Post
                              I also picked and got the 3rd JD. Will my pre Med include the agility test?
                              You should call the OCA to find out the answer to your question.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Todd57 View Post
                                Got my second letter stating that I have been accepted for the 4JD. My schedule pre-med will be sent to me shortly. I'm also at my target weight that OCA wants me at. Took me a little over a month to get there. I see some people are asking if they do pre-meds/ physical agility outside of NYC. They do pre-meds/physical agility in Cohoes for people outside of NYC. Things are moving, but it is still going to be a bit of a process. The guys that I know, who are Court Officers, told me that OCA will take their time in processing people. In a way it does help because it gives you the time to get in shape. OCA main weeding out process is the weight requirement. You want to be at the requirement or below. I'm going to keep working out and hopefully lose a couple more pounds. Waited too long for this opportunity and don't want to chance of missing the weigh in by a couple of pounds. I know they give you a second chance, but I would like to get it done the first time around. Good luck to all who are going into the pre-meds/physical agility. Also congrats to getting your second letters.
                                Congrats Todd. I wish you all the best. Let me know how it goes.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11817 users online. 417 members and 11400 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X