300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MAWRX View Post
    I work in the courts for a different agency so I talk to the court officers quite often. Last week one of them told me that there was recently a meeting in the court that I work in between the judges and court officers. The topic of the meeting: short staffing of court officers. The judges are starting to get fed up along with the officers. He said that they are pushing for there to be a class as soon as possible. So it's just a matter of us being patient.
    Thanks for sharing this information. I hope that there is a class this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
      Guys, I just got a call from OCA. They told me that I would be getting my Pre-med info packet and I was accepted to the 6th JD. Next step would be pre-med followed by agility. They did not give me a date but said the packet was to be mailed this week. I hope you guys got your call. On to the next step.
      Congrats Max. I am so glad that things are moving. Good luck with the process and keep me informed.

Comment

• Originally posted by dbacksrock02 View Post
        The full medical is scheduled at the pre-med, if you pass..
        Wow!!! That is very good. It saves you time and money.

Comment

Not sure, that is what she told me (informal). The purpose of her call was to tell me they accidentally mailed me conditionals for the 5th and 6th and I was only suppose to recieve 6th. I just got my conditional appt. today for 6th JD. and nothing for the 5th.
          Just received my notice today. It states that I will be receiving a pre-med package shortly.
          Last edited by CivilServant14; 06-25-2012, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dbacksrock02 View Post
            The full medical is scheduled at the pre-med, if you pass..
            I hope so as I am traveling from out of state and it would save me money.

Comment

• Did anyone watch 20/20 last Friday? They showed courtroom brawls and interviewed a Court Officer Lieutenant from NYS who works in the academy. The courts can get ugly when people's emotions run high. I was amazed at what I saw.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                Just received mine notice today. It states that I will be receiving a pre-med package shortly.
                Congrats Civil. You are really determined to get this job. I wish you the best. Let me know how it goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                  Congrats Civil. You are really determined to get this job. I wish you the best. Let me know how it goes.
                  Thank you Cravan!

Comment

• Cravan....How many incidents occurred in NY courtrooms?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                      Congrats Max. I am so glad that things are moving. Good luck with the process and keep me informed.
                      Thanks Craven, Do you know if they hold the pre-med upstate or is all the upcoming appt.'s in the city (NYC). I live between Rochester and Buffalo and that is a long drive

Comment

• I just found this on youtube. This is awesome. Unified Officers recieving medals of valor. Congrats guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWvbm_Xay2Q

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                          Thank you Cravan!
                          You're welcome.

Comment

Thanks Craven, Do you know if they hold the pre-med upstate or is all the upcoming appt.'s in the city (NYC). I live between Rochester and Buffalo and that is a long drive
                            You're welcome. I am not sure. You should call the OCA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                              Cravan....How many incidents occurred in NY courtrooms?
                              Hey Dinosaur,

I believe that most of the incidents that were shown on 20/20 happened in out of state courts. 20/20 briefly interviewed Lt. Duffy regarding NYS Court Officer training.

Comment

I just found this on youtube. This is awesome. Unified Officers recieving medals of valor. Congrats guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWvbm_Xay2Q
                                Cool video.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7701 users online. 388 members and 7313 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X