Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey max maybe because 6th was your first choice they are waiting untill that opens

Comment

• I turned my letter in 2 weeks ago also and haven't heard anything back. When I do hear something will it be another letter and if so what should that letter be stating? If I'm to go for a pre-physical will it be all Dr. stuff or will I have to perform physical activities?

Thanks
      Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by CNY Lee View Post
        I turned my letter in 2 weeks ago also and haven't heard anything back. When I do hear something will it be another letter and if so what should that letter be stating? If I'm to go for a pre-physical will it be all Dr. stuff or will I have to perform physical activities?

Thanks
        Lee
        The letter will state when you are to report for the pre medical. All of the steps you will have to pass are listed with detail at the court officer web site:

http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/screening.shtml

Good Luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by CNY Lee View Post
          I turned my letter in 2 weeks ago also and haven't heard anything back. When I do hear something will it be another letter and if so what should that letter be stating? If I'm to go for a pre-physical will it be all Dr. stuff or will I have to perform physical activities?

Thanks
          Lee
          Let me know if you hear anything.

Comment

• Any other NYS Employees here? I was wondering that once this process starts will NYS (OMH) grant me the time off to make these appt's? In my current agency it is hard to get any time off and even harder to get multiple days. I know some agencies grant leave but not sure if OMH does???

Comment

• Yes Max, they must grant you the time off because you are processing with another State agency and it's coming from a State civil service list. As far as I know it's suppose to be LWP. You don't have to use any of your accruels.

Comment

• I spoke to my investigator a few days ago and he stated that he did not hear of any rumors pertaining to a new recruit class.

Has anyone else spoken to their investigator about a new recruit class?

Comment

• Originally posted by Safetyman View Post
                  Yes Max, they must grant you the time off because you are processing with another State agency and it's coming from a State civil service list. As far as I know it's suppose to be LWP. You don't have to use any of your accruels.
                  Thanks Safetyman, just want to make sure so the higher uppers dont try to pull a fast one on me.

Comment

• Another tip Max, don't let personnel or anyone else tell you that you are not entitled to LWP because we work for the Executive Branch and you are processing with the Judicial Branch of government. State is State is State. We all get paid by the NYS Comptrollers Office.

Comment

• Originally posted by Safetyman View Post
                      Another tip Max, don't let personnel or anyone else tell you that you are not entitled to LWP because we work for the Executive Branch and you are processing with the Judicial Branch of government. State is State is State. We all get paid by the NYS Comptrollers Office.
                      10:4 Thank you.

Comment

• Guys, I just got a call from OCA. They told me that I would be getting my Pre-med info packet and I was accepted to the 6th JD. Next step would be pre-med followed by agility. They did not give me a date but said the packet was to be mailed this week. I hope you guys got your call. On to the next step.

Comment

• I work in the courts for a different agency so I talk to the court officers quite often. Last week one of them told me that there was recently a meeting in the court that I work in between the judges and court officers. The topic of the meeting: short staffing of court officers. The judges are starting to get fed up along with the officers. He said that they are pushing for there to be a class as soon as possible. So it's just a matter of us being patient.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
                            Guys, I just got a call from OCA. They told me that I would be getting my Pre-med info packet and I was accepted to the 6th JD. Next step would be pre-med followed by agility. They did not give me a date but said the packet was to be mailed this week. I hope you guys got your call. On to the next step.
                            Didn't know the OCA ever called in the early stages. I thought everything was by snail mail.

They said you would go from pre-med right to agility? What about the full med?

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                              Didn't know the OCA ever called in the early stages. I thought everything was by snail mail.

The full medical is scheduled at the pre-med, if you pass..

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post

Not sure, that is what she told me (informal). The purpose of her call was to tell me they accidentally mailed me conditionals for the 5th and 6th and I was only suppose to recieve 6th. I just got my conditional appt. today for 6th JD. and nothing for the 5th.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11327 users online. 401 members and 10926 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X