• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
    Check your PM Civil.
    got it...replied.

Comment

• Hey guys, out of curiosity, if you don't make weight, don't they check your body fat?

Comment

• Originally posted by MB27 View Post
        Hey guys, out of curiosity, if you don't make weight, don't they check your body fat?
        No.

Comment

• Im not applicant, just reading the thread out of curiosity, but that seems like an archaic way to measure fitness. Most PD's check body fat, if you don't make weight. Based off just weight, the entire NFL is obese.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
            How much time between receiving your first canvass letters and the date of the pre-med? What JD are you processing for?
            It was around 2 weeks from first canvas letter to pre screening letter. 3 weeks from first canvas letter to pre screening appointment. Processing for 8thJD.

Comment

Im not applicant, just reading the thread out of curiosity, but that seems like an archaic way to measure fitness. Most PD's check body fat, if you don't make weight. Based off just weight, the entire NFL is obese.
              Your absolutely right lol. It's been complained about alot but I don't see it changing anytime soon

Comment

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
                When do you guys pick up OT. Fri Afternoon? or during the week??
                It varies from command to command. IE. If you work night arraignments your ot could be before shift like 2pm-5pm the 5-1 tour then maybe 1-4 OT backend. Before OCA cut the OT there was 30 hours a day in my command. Thats doesn't include collars or court room OT. Overall OT can be anytime and most commands are getting back a least some of the OT. Overall though there hasn't been a lot (I think I'm around 27 hours for the year!)
                http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

Im not applicant, just reading the thread out of curiosity, but that seems like an archaic way to measure fitness. Most PD's check body fat, if you don't make weight. Based off just weight, the entire NFL is obese.
                  Its crazy but I think it has to do with qualifying for life/health insurance. Check out the troopers height weight http://www.nytrooper.com/height_weight.cfm Kinda makes you feel better about the Courts standard
                  http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                  NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                    Its crazy but I think it has to do with qualifying for life/health insurance. Check out the troopers height weight http://www.nytrooper.com/height_weight.cfm Kinda makes you feel better about the Courts standard
                    Haha, 6' at 148 lbs. I thought i was thin at 190!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by g60gti View Post
                      It was around 2 weeks from first canvas letter to pre screening letter. 3 weeks from first canvas letter to pre screening appointment. Processing for 8thJD.
                      1 week notice of pre-med appointment date...I thought they would give you more time.
                      I should be receiving my appt letter in a week or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by g60gti View Post
                        Where do you have to go for your medical? I'm just curious if all processing is done in NYC

Comment

• I've noticed that the OCA is hiring for several titles statewide. Last year the OCA was hiring for maybe one or two titles. That is a sign of good news, I hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by CorbsUSN View Post
                            Where do you have to go for your medical? I'm just curious if all processing is done in NYC
                            Hopefully they have something closer than NYC. I live on the other side of the state

Comment

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
                              Hopefully they have something closer than NYC. I live on the other side of the state
                              I am processing in Buffalo. Not sure if all steps will be located there, but one or two trips less to NYC/Albany is fine by me.

Comment

• Hey G6 what was your ranking? I'm in the 5,xxx and picked the 8th.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7606 users online. 271 members and 7335 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X