300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
    So if I choose JD 5 and JD 6 but 6 was my first choice and 5 was my second and 5 sends me a conditional then 6 is out of the question? Wow, they should put this on an upcoming exam!
    What I am curious about is if you are on a 'ready to hire' list (passed all phases like PAT and Psych etc) and are in line for lets say JD 5...If JD 5 has decided it has enough recruits and doesn't want to hire anymore and lets say JD 8 is in need. Can OCA transfer you to the 8th JD list for the next class?

I would think it such a waste to have a candidate wait for a JD to hire and never get called while another JD is hiring. Especially a waste if that candidate was high up on the list for written exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
      Greetings Deacon,

Long time no hear. How are you? So the new rumor is that a new recruit class may be scheduled in April 2013 or earlier. Have you heard the same rumor?
      Hey Cravan,

I'm doing alright, thanks for asking. I have heard that rumor. I think its based on the next clerk test being offered in April 2013. I also have heard July or August or September or October lol. I feel like OCA is playing russian roulette with safety and I'm not sure why. As a side note for those that don't know : OCA is not bound by Civil Service Law ie. they can hire from a test thats 7 years old before hiring from a test thats 3 years old if they want.
      http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
      NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

So if I choose JD 5 and JD 6 but 6 was my first choice and 5 was my second and 5 sends me a conditional then 6 is out of the question? Wow, they should put this on an upcoming exam!
        Yes and No. You can change JD's but I believe you got to the back of the line until the new JD reaches your rank # and you start all over again. My advice is take whatever your called for and get in...then transfer to the JD you want.

Comment

• The chart is hiring rate to 6th year, then max, then 1st longevity, 2nd longevity

For example

Line 14
          Hiring rate: 39771 +3700+1250+200 (August 2 2010)
          1st year 41873 +3700+1250+200 (april 1 2011)
          2nd year 43975 +3700+1250+200 (april 1 2012)

Line 18
          Hiring rate: 49777 +3700+1250+200 (August 2 2012)
          1st year (effective april 1....ie you go to 18 on your hiring anniversary and then april you bump up 1st year)

1st year
          52305+3700+1250+200 (April 1 2013)

I think that should give you guys a good idea of the beginning salary. As far as max, by the time we all get there it will be higher...I hope!

*3700+1250+200 is reflective of location pay, uniform allowance, and the 200 is security benefits fund payment. Location pay of 3700 is for nassau, suffolk, 5 boros. Dutchess Putnam Orange Westchester rockland location pay is 1848. There is no location pay for 4th JD, 5th JD, 6th JD,7th JD, 8th JD, 3rd JD.
          I'm not sure if officers in those districts get the 200 either.

** This is base salary and does not reflect OT

***35 hour work week
          Last edited by unblindeacon; 06-13-2012, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• If you go for your pre screening medical and are close to making weight, are they going to give you a chance to be re-evaluated? I have heard mixed things, some say auto disqualification and others have said you will be given one more re-evaluation. I have been doing really well but it's going to be close.

Comment

• Originally posted by g60gti View Post
              If you go for your pre screening medical and are close to making weight, are they going to give you a chance to be re-evaluated? I have heard mixed things, some say auto disqualification and others have said you will be given one more re-evaluation. I have been doing really well but it's going to be close.
              You get a chance to come back and weigh in again. I was given a month to lose the necessary weight.

Comment

If you go for your pre screening medical and are close to making weight, are they going to give you a chance to be re-evaluated? I have heard mixed things, some say auto disqualification and others have said you will be given one more re-evaluation. I have been doing really well but it's going to be close.
                Just start now and really bust your ***. I started P90X and the pounds are literally falling off. 8 lbs in 2 weeks + i am really feeling more in shape. i dont want to chance even being close when the time comes.

Comment

Just start now and really bust your ***. I started P90X and the pounds are literally falling off. 8 lbs in 2 weeks + i am really feeling more in shape. i dont want to chance even being close when the time comes.
                  I have been workong on it for the last six months and have lost 40+. The pre screening was really short notice though, about 9 days. I am within 12 pounds of my required 217 it is just comig off very slow now.

I will keep working at it in preperation for monday, it's just nice to know i will have a little extra time as I know I can do it with another 2 weeks. Thanks

Comment

• Hey Deacon,

Glad to hear that you are good. Thanks for breaking down the salary information for us.

Comment

I have been workong on it for the last six months and have lost 40+. The pre screening was really short notice though, about 9 days. I am within 12 pounds of my required 217 it is just comig off very slow now.

I will keep working at it in preperation for monday, it's just nice to know i will have a little extra time as I know I can do it with another 2 weeks. Thanks
                      Might be time to go to the Ducolax Diet. We had an officer loose 10 lbs in 1 week. It's not very healthy but if it comes down to the wire it may be an option.

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                        The chart is hiring rate to 6th year, then max, then 1st longevity, 2nd longevity

For example

Line 14
                        Hiring rate: 39771 +3700+1250+200 (August 2 2010)
                        1st year 41873 +3700+1250+200 (april 1 2011)
                        2nd year 43975 +3700+1250+200 (april 1 2012)

Line 18
                        Hiring rate: 49777 +3700+1250+200 (August 2 2012)
                        1st year (effective april 1....ie you go to 18 on your hiring anniversary and then april you bump up 1st year)

1st year
                        52305+3700+1250+200 (April 1 2013)

I think that should give you guys a good idea of the beginning salary. As far as max, by the time we all get there it will be higher...I hope!

*3700+1250+200 is reflective of location pay, uniform allowance, and the 200 is security benefits fund payment. Location pay of 3700 is for nassau, suffolk, 5 boros. Dutchess Putnam Orange Westchester rockland location pay is 1848. There is no location pay for 4th JD, 5th JD, 6th JD,7th JD, 8th JD, 3rd JD.
                        I'm not sure if officers in those districts get the 200 either.

** This is base salary and does not reflect OT

***35 hour work week
                        When do you guys pick up OT. Fri Afternoon? or during the week??

Comment

How much time between receiving your first canvass letters and the date of the pre-med? What JD are you processing for?
                          Last edited by CivilServant14; 06-13-2012, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• When do you find out which Court you will be assigned to? I'm from the Capital District and wondering if it's possible to be sent up by Malone or do they try to keep you near your home address?

Comment

• Cravan-
                              I read an old post about you going to the SS administration for your work history print out.
                              I went to my local office and it will cost around $40, but I have to mail it in and it could take up to 4 months. How did you get yours that same day?

And how far back does the BI go? Until you were 18 or even younger than that?

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                                Cravan-
                                I read an old post about you going to the SS administration for your work history print out.
                                I went to my local office and it will cost around $40, but I have to mail it in and it could take up to 4 months. How did you get yours that same day?

And how far back does the BI go? Until you were 18 or even younger than that?
                                Check your PM Civil.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5543 users online. 244 members and 5299 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X