Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't care how big the classes are as long as I'm part of it, or does the size of the class matter to the training you will receive?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
      Can't swear to the accuracy, but heard today of possibly two classes of 150 each. Almost all commands are currently working shorthanded and the buy-out could see 15 to 20% of the Officers going. Then there would be further losses as Officers moved up to the Court Clerk title to replace retiring clerks. Next couple of years should see quite a bit of hiring.
      Heard the same thing from our union rep yesterday.

Comment

• Putting my papers in next week. Guess I will have to change my screen name in the near future lol
        Last edited by soon2retire; 06-12-2010, 09:51 PM.
        RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Best of luck "soon2BE RETIRED"............size of class does not impact training.

Comment

• Thanks, I cant wait!!
            RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Unfortunately, i have been running and unable to get to the required 217 I need. Oh well. at it another 23 lbs. I am not fat by all means either
              IGNORE LIST - Banastretarlton AKA "banana boy"

"In the fields of observation chance favors only prepared mind"
              -----Louis Pasteur

"Sweat in training saves blood on the battlefield."

-------Col. David "Hack" Hackworth

On my 7 year old 2nd Grade Class wall

------------YOU are RESPONSIBLE for YOUR OWN ACTIONS

Comment

• Thanks for the info everyone!!! Sounds like there's reason to be hopeful! And good luck, soontoretire!

Comment

• Hey all! I was wondering if any of you could clarify how the ranks and scores work for me. Here's what's on the NYS Courts site:

12. Can I get an idea where I stand on list 45-722? As of early April 2010, the following ranks and scores have been reached:

New York City rank# 6072 score 83
                  3rd Judicial District rank# 6021 score 84
                  4th Judicial District rank# 6029 score 84
                  5th Judicial District rank# 9959 score 80
                  6th Judicial District rank# 12089 score 78
                  8th Judicial District rank# 14420 score 75
                  9th Judicial District rank# 3015 score 87
                  Nassau County rank# 439 score 94
                  Suffolk County rank# 2975 score 88

My husband is in District 4, his rank is in the 4000s (don't remember the exact number) and his score was better than 84. So does that mean he is more or less likely to have his rank reached? List 45-722 expires in July, so we're just curious based on these numbers how likely he is to get appointed before then. His pre-appointment physical is this coming Monday (6/21). Thanks so much!!

Comment

• If he was called for his pre appointment physical than he should be called for the next class as long as there are no problems at his physical. Best of luck to him.

Comment

• I am sure that this list will be extended. They are going to be 2 classes of 150 each -one in August and one in November. People will be leaving in droves this Summer and Autumn thanks to Uncle Dave's early Christmas present; (all people taking either of the early retirement options must retire and be off the payroll between now and the day before Thanksgiving), and at least some of those positions will need to be filled immediately There is no way that anybody from the new list (which isn't even out yet) will be ready for hire by August
                      Last edited by soon2retire; 06-18-2010, 09:09 PM.
                      RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• from a couple of GOOD sources under 1000 in rank is good... thats for upstate though..
                        "It is not a measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" -Jiddu Krishnamurti -

Comment

• Thanks for the info everyone. It's just so hard not knowing if he'll get into one of the next classes, then not knowing where he'll be assigned, etc. It's impossible to make plans with this up in the air. I was supposed to start nursing school in September, but I can't commit to that if there's a good chance he'll get this job. Sigh. I guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and our ears to the ground! ;-)

Comment

• I put my papers in this week I can't say for sure how the numbers will be vis a vis NYC and Cohoes, but 300 for sure and definitely a Cohoes class. The August class will be entirely off this list and probably the November class too, although the Nov. class could POSSIBLY be a hybrid (some from the old list and some from the new list)
                            Last edited by soon2retire; 06-18-2010, 09:32 PM.
                            RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• class size

I and others were recruited to teach CPR, a class of 130 at 60 Centre St (old academy)It was wild.100 is still too big, but managable.

Comment

• Hey all! Happy Father's Day to all the dads! This may be a silly question, but my hubby was told at his very first physical fitness exam that from that point on, he should show up to anything official in a suit and tie. Does that mean he should dress up for tomorrow's pre-appointment physical? Seems silly to us but we wanna make sure he abides by the rules! Thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11408 users online. 390 members and 11018 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X