Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct, I filled out the preliminary paperwork today. Court Clerks, Officers, and Court Reporters have to fill out an additional form, leading me to believe that those positions will be filled quickly
    Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
    The same language was included in previous buy-outs. However an exception was granted for LE titles. Hiring might be delayed to save money and fill levels would not be at one for one. But the hiring would go on for a while.
    RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• did anyone get their scores from OCT exam?
      Exam: 8332 6/09

GOT THE CALL @ 10:08 7/7/12

R.I.P BROTHER
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhcZWVMHZQ0

Comment

• I took the test in Oct. 2005. My background investigation was completed in Aug. 2008. Last year early sept. I had my evaluation in front of a few board members. This week I received a call for my final medical at the end of June. Im so ecstatic, it has been a long time coming. The class is expected late Aug. or early sept. I can't remember my rank# at the moment but I wish all of you luck. It is a long process so be patient.

Comment

• Congrats GoinIn

When did you recieve the call? People Like myself & BluFlu have been cleared over 2yrs...so I am hoping we'll be joining you! If you can ballpark your rank# ie 100's that would definitely be helpful. Good Luck!
          http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
          NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Um, maybe because I've worked there for almost 28 years. I would never post something on here that was not verified first or from what I consider a very reliable source. You can question all you want, dude; I'll be changing my screen name sooner rather than later lol
            Originally posted by wo 150 View Post
            If you read the new retirement package, if the employee accepts the early out then the item they hold has to be eliminated, it cannot be filled. So I would question where you are getting your info
            Last edited by soon2retire; 06-06-2010, 07:41 PM.
            RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
              Congrats GoinIn

When did you recieve the call? People Like myself & BluFlu have been cleared over 2yrs...so I am hoping we'll be joining you! If you can ballpark your rank# ie 100's that would definitely be helpful. Good Luck!
              I received the call Tuesday morning and my rank# is in the 1600's. Good luck!!
              Last edited by GoingIn1981; 06-05-2010, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• I also got a call tuesday to go for my final medical in late june. Was aslo told Aug. or Sept. time frame by that they where hoping for a start date of Aug. 4th. My rank was 2200's I applied for 9th district and have been cleared for over a year as well. Good Luck to everyone, its been a long time coming.

Comment

• I got the call also. I'm sure I'll be seeing some of you at doctors office. It sure has been a long wait. Good luck to all.

Comment

• Good luck guys, I missed the test by not setting my alarm clock by accident. Don't be nervous you guys will get on trust me, from what I saw a couple of guys working the other day.. not going to say in which district but he and his buddies were talking about how a "girl can be banging your friends" right in front of the Sgt and when people were getting screened you have nothing to worry about lol.
                    It's not what you know it's WHO you know!

Comment

• Best of luck to all!!
                      RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• I got the call! I still can't believe it
                        http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                        NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• My husband got called today for the 2nd physical. The one where they make sure he's still qualified for an academy class. I guess there's going to be a class of 12 people, most likely in Cohoes, sometime soon. Has anyone heard about that?? Fingers crossed he gets in this time!!!! It would be totally sweet.

Comment

• Can't swear to the accuracy, but heard today of possibly two classes of 150 each. Almost all commands are currently working shorthanded and the buy-out could see 15 to 20% of the Officers going. Then there would be further losses as Officers moved up to the Court Clerk title to replace retiring clerks. Next couple of years should see quite a bit of hiring.

Comment

• I don't want to start any unfounded rumors, however if there's a class, it won't be only 12 people. The early retirement incentive will create MANY new openings (at least 300) both in NYC and upstate.
                              Originally posted by Dirk007 View Post
                              My husband got called today for the 2nd physical. The one where they make sure he's still qualified for an academy class. I guess there's going to be a class of 12 people, most likely in Cohoes, sometime soon. Has anyone heard about that?? Fingers crossed he gets in this time!!!! It would be totally sweet.
                              Last edited by soon2retire; 06-11-2010, 10:04 PM.
                              RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Ok, 2 post 2 minutes apart saying the same thing. Is this real time or what! There was an article in the Law Journal stating what Dino said- 1 class in August and another in November
                                Last edited by soon2retire; 06-14-2010, 10:10 AM.
                                RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10277 users online. 455 members and 9822 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X