Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnfox
    commented on 's reply
    Janet Difiore is gonna stick it to you, Vaseline not included!!!
    Last edited by Johnfox; 03-04-2022, 08:22 PM.

• Johnfox
    commented on 's reply
    Judges are being let go and the Judge's that are trying to come back from retirement are being told to f*ck off!
    Janet Difiore coming!!! It’s more money for her to play with. She got rid of Dennis Quirck her main adversary and the court officer’s only friend.
    Last edited by Johnfox; 03-04-2022, 08:23 PM.

• Johnfox
    commented on 's reply
    Poor driving history and not being Mr. Rogers. I went in this with other options in life. Not upset about it it was an experience. Judges are being laid off as we speak.
    Last edited by Johnfox; 03-04-2022, 05:46 PM.

• Joefromgc
    commented on 's reply
    There was a piece of legislation sponsored by assemblyman Carl Heastie that would give court officers Police Officer status. The bill didn’t go through though. There are mixed opinions if court officers should maintain peace officer status or become police officers.

• Dinosaur32
    replied
    Joefromgc………Court Officers do not fall under the governor. The title is strictly regulated by by OCA. The courts regularly have a funding problem since all funding must go through the state legislature and the governor’s office. What Cwm108 writes is the reason why the courts will keep the Court Officer title. The Courts cannot direct every action of deputy sheriffs or square badges as they can with Court Officers. Read the CPL and see that Court Officers have virtually the same on duty powers as Police Officers. The reason the Court Officers are not police is to maintain the separation that the courts want from other law enforcement titles.
    Last edited by Dinosaur32; 03-04-2022, 02:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mrc243
    commented on 's reply
    If any of those people can become court officers, why couldn't you?

• L33
    commented on 's reply
    Johnfox if you feel this way why did you take the test and go through some of the process?

• L33
    replied
    Originally posted by Cwm108 View Post
    I am a Deputy Sheriff in a county that has manned the local court building for NYS for over 20 years. We were recently told that NYS will be replacing us with state Court Officers very soon. Not many positions, we only have 6 Deputies. But it’s additional info for you. If anyone has any knowledge or thoughts let me know.
    Most likely you are upstate, congratulations, I'm guessing your salary and benefits will increase. Not sure how your retirement will be affected.

Leave a comment:

• OnlyTheStrong1
    replied
    St John s place is commuter but 2500 pond view is in Albany

Leave a comment:

• J52545
    replied
    Can anyone tell me if either academies downstate or upstate are residential or commuter?

Leave a comment:

• Joefromgc
    commented on 's reply
    You work in upstate NY or Long Island?

• Cwm108
    replied
    I am a Deputy Sheriff in a county that has manned the local court building for NYS for over 20 years. We were recently told that NYS will be replacing us with state Court Officers very soon. Not many positions, we only have 6 Deputies. But it’s additional info for you. If anyone has any knowledge or thoughts let me know.

Leave a comment:

• BW13
    commented on 's reply
    *removing my post.
    Last edited by BW13; 03-03-2022, 08:51 PM.

• Rodney Jones
    commented on 's reply
    I dont believe an actual date has been set yet, aside from it being in April

• Joefromgc
    commented on 's reply
    Johnfox, where did you hear about what you posted earlier? Also, even though Cheif Judge Difiore oversees management of courthouses along NYS the governor is going to have the ultimate say regarding court officers. The governor runs anything involving state gov, which is the branch that court officers fall under. Law enforcement as a whole is a sinking ship in blue states, but I think we’ll all be ok.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4391 users online. 260 members and 4131 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X