Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Off duty carry by Court Officers is a personal decision.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
      No we do NOT carry. It is stupid because we conduct Traffic patrol (V&T) (Parking) and transports to and from hospitals, courts, jails, prisons, ect. ect.
      Okay, thx for the information.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
        Question for current Court Officers:
        Do you carry your firearms while off duty? I know a lot of police officers do but I know of a few corrections officers that do not. Just wondering if it was common as a peace officer.
        They can carry anytime they want, but to the best of my knowledge they are not mandated to carry off duty like police officers.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by nypd11218 View Post
          They can carry anytime they want, but to the best of my knowledge they are not mandated to carry off duty like police officers.
          Thnx Dino and nypd...

          Comment


          • As a court officer, I personally carry off duty. We can use either Glock 19 or Glock 26. I prefer to use the 26. I guess I'm more concerned with running into someone i've delt with who probably doesn't like me very much. I also carry on subway/lirr, but never to a bar or sporting event.
            http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
            NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

            Comment


            • Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
              As a court officer, I personally carry off duty. We can use either Glock 19 or Glock 26. I prefer to use the 26. I guess I'm more concerned with running into someone i've delt with who probably doesn't like me very much. I also carry on subway/lirr, but never to a bar or sporting event.
              I can definitely see the concern of running into undesirables on the street.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                As a court officer, I personally carry off duty. We can use either Glock 19 or Glock 26. I prefer to use the 26. I guess I'm more concerned with running into someone i've delt with who probably doesn't like me very much. I also carry on subway/lirr, but never to a bar or sporting event.
                Greetings Deacon,

                Long time no hear. How are you? So the new rumor is that a new recruit class may be scheduled in April 2013 or earlier. Have you heard the same rumor?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                  I can definitely see the concern of running into undesirables on the street.
                  Hey Civil,

                  How are you? Furthermore, what stage are you in regarding the hiring process?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                    Hey Civil,

                    How are you? Furthermore, what stage are you in regarding the hiring process?
                    Hey Cravan-
                    Good here..I bet you can almost smell the academy....

                    As far as my process goes, I just mailed back my canvass letters and should be scheduled for the pre-med soon. Any tips for preparing for the PAT?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                      Hey Cravan-
                      Good here..I bet you can almost smell the academy....

                      As far as my process goes, I just mailed back my canvass letters and should be scheduled for the pre-med soon. Any tips for preparing for the PAT?
                      Yes sir.

                      Good to hear that you will be starting the process. Stay in tip top shape and study/practice the link below:

                      http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/...ity-test.shtml

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                        Yes sir.

                        Good to hear that you will be starting the process. Stay in tip top shape and study/practice the link below:

                        http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/...ity-test.shtml
                        thanks....going to start running soon. Already started push-ups and situps. Wondering how I could prepare for the arm-hand steadiness test.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                          thanks....going to start running soon. Already started push-ups and situps. Wondering how I could prepare for the arm-hand steadiness test.
                          I think that is going to be the toughest part. Everything else should be do-able. Does anyone know how many sit-ups are required?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
                            I think that is going to be the toughest part. Everything else should be do-able. Does anyone know how many sit-ups are required?
                            To the best of my knowledge there is no required amount. Just do as many as possible in the time allotted.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                              thanks....going to start running soon. Already started push-ups and situps. Wondering how I could prepare for the arm-hand steadiness test.
                              I have no idea. Try something creative to emulate that part of the exam. That was the hardest part to me. I thought that I failed the exam because of that part. I was so nervous and kept hitting the sides. My advice is to remain calm and try not to get nervous.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                                I have no idea. Try something creative to emulate that part of the exam. That was the hardest part to me. I thought that I failed the exam because of that part. I was so nervous and kept hitting the sides. My advice is to remain calm and try not to get nervous.
                                Great advice! Thanks!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12220 users online. 413 members and 11807 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X