Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finished the entire process after being canvassed for JD 9, I took the 2009 exam and scored a 91.7 The last letter I received a couple of months ago said I passed the psych and my file is before the evaluation board. So I guess now is just a waiting game for a class.

Comment

• When the OCA states the exam list could be extended up to 5 years...is that 5 years from the date the list is created or when test is given? For example, will the 2009 exam list expire in 2014 or 2015 (the list was created in July 2010)?

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
        When the OCA states the exam list could be extended up to 5 years...is that 5 years from the date the list is created or when test is given? For example, will the 2009 exam list expire in 2014 or 2015 (the list was created in July 2010)?
        From the date it's established which was 2010

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackangel5288 View Post
          From the date it's established which was 2010
          That's what I was hoping to hear. Thnx!

Comment

• Any CO's in JD 5 or JD 6 ???? I just turned my canvass letters in for those to areas.

Comment

• Do the math, there is no money for a class upstate or downstate. Its great to have hope, but this is becoming sad. Fact is that the OCA as a whole is not an exclusively law enforcement based agency like NYPD, NYSP ect. The top priority of the agency is not to budget for security related needs (sadly). However other items take precedence like the furtherance of litigation matters. (attorneys, judges) Security matters are important but not the top priority. Court Officers dont leave the job, based on the economy less will leave when given the opportunity. That leaves those of us who dont have the job outside looking in. The reality of it all is that only a handful of us will ever get in (congrats!!! Cravan). I hope to get in, but there are no guarantees. For those of you that are just beginnning the process be true to yourselves. (Cravan, do you agree?) With so many potential candidates out there and the states lack of hiring( limited positions) I guess they can be more selective.If you have stuff in your past that is questionable, dont waste your time.. Good luck everyone and God Bless America

Comment

• I know its really hard to be optimistic about this job but don't lose your hope fellow hopefuls. I'm in the same boat as Cravan, 2005 candidate. I was also told by my investigator back in 2009 when I asked her if my list no. of 5XXX have a chance to get in and she told me that I have no chance at all. So after my Psych interview on Summer 2009 and never heard from OCA anymore, I totally forgot this CO job position until they contacted me around Nov. 2010. OCA asked me if I'm still interested to become a CO, with my surprise I said yes. So I passed the final medical and was sent to Jan. 06, 2011 academy class and you all know what happened next. My point is, anything can happen. Continue the hiring process, stay clean and fit but also go on with your life, hopefully we all get this job someday. Good Luck to us all!
                Exam 2005/ 45-722
                Pre-Appointment Medical-Passed on 11/29/2010
                Candidate for Jan. 2011 Academy

Comment

• I'm ranked 2xx on the 2009 exam and have been ready for hire for Suffolk for almost a year now... I have totally put the thought of this job out of my head because I know nothings happening any time soon... I had heard from plenty of CO's that there would be an academy soon and then they said not this year... If it happens it happens, I'm not holding my breathe or changing how I live... It is very annoying waiting around this long and I can't even begin to imagine how guys like Cravan feel, it's really unreal...
                  Exam# 8132
                  List# 2xx

Got the call! July Academy 2012!

Comment

• Wow, when did all the negativity enter the room? I had to wait 8 years to become a state officer but I finally got it. With the negative outlook you guys have all but given up. I took the 2009 exam, scored a 88.3 and have already been canvassed for JD 3,4,5 and 6. maybe you just need to open yourself up statewide and forget NYC area. It is much easier to get hired upstate and then transfer when the time arises. Let's keep our heads up!

Comment

• I agree with max everything takes time in ny state. It took me 2 years to get on with the sheriffs department I work at and I scored a 95 on that test. Some people waited longer. This job is worth it, I'l wait 10 years if it takes that long to get hired. The hours and quality of life is unheard of in LE trust me. All correction officers and police officers will agree with me on that I promise

Comment

• Greetings all,

Security is not a top priority in the courts, but judges are. That is why they received a raise while hundreds of non-judicial staff were laid off. I do believe there will be a new recruit class in April 2013, after the budget is passed. I could be wrong. We all have to remain/get ready for hire and move on with our lives until the OCA is ready to hire. Apply for other jobs and go to/finish college just in case. Life is very unpredictable. Candidates from the 2005 exam are not even guaranteed a job.

Good luck to all and remain optimistic/realistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                          Greetings all,

Security is not a top priority in the courts, but judges are. That is why they received a raise while hundreds of non-judicial staff were laid off. I do believe there will be a new recruit class in April 2013, after the budget is passed. I could be wrong. We all have to remain/get ready for hire and move on with our lives until the OCA is ready to hire. Apply for other jobs and go to/finish college just in case. Life is very unpredictable. Candidates from the 2005 exam are not even guaranteed a job.

Good luck to all and remain optimistic/realistic.
                          Did u speak to your investigator at all? Did they have info?

Comment

• Originally posted by CorbsUSN View Post
                            I agree with max everything takes time in ny state. It took me 2 years to get on with the sheriffs department I work at and I scored a 95 on that test. Some people waited longer. This job is worth it, I'l wait 10 years if it takes that long to get hired. The hours and quality of life is unheard of in LE trust me. All correction officers and police officers will agree with me on that I promise
                            And once you are in with the state, you are in! I am just lucky I got in early and took advantage of the Tier 4 Retirement. Tier 5 was bad and Tier 6 is worse. I could only imagine what Tier 7 will look like.

Comment

• Keep all options open and apply for whatever else opens. What is meant to be will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackangel5288 View Post
                                Did u speak to your investigator at all? Did they have info?
                                I did speak to my investigator in April 2012 and he/she said that they did not hear of any rumors pertaining to a new recruit class this year.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9489 users online. 367 members and 9122 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X