300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Monkeyboy49 View Post
    Cravan, am I understanding this correctly, these canvass letters that just went out will be the last ones sent out for the 2009 exam list? That's weird because I called them yesterday and the woman didn't give me any info as to if and when they would do anymore canvassing. Do you speak to someone at OCA that has better info? Let me know, because I was going to deny these canvass letters for the 3rd,4th, 5th & 6th JD's. But, if it's my last chance to get in, I will have to go for it. Thanks in advance.
    I think Cravan was giving false info. Next exam is coming up and they still have people from the 05 list waiting to get into a academy. I can't see them spend millions of dollars to put out another exam and not give the opportunity to 1000's of qualified candidates. just my 2 cents......

Comment

• Originally posted by C21 View Post
      I think Cravan was giving false info. Next exam is coming up and they still have people from the 05 list waiting to get into a academy. I can't see them spend millions of dollars to put out another exam and not give the opportunity to 1000's of qualified candidates. just my 2 cents......
      The next exam will not be until at least 2014. Could be extended to 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
        The next exam will not be until at least 2014. Could be extended to 2015.
        According to the Court officer website, the next exam is anticipated to be in 2013. They usually give it in Oct and Dec if past years are any indication. But only OCA knows if the current list will be extended (I think they will personally).

Comment

• Originally posted by Monkeyboy49 View Post
          Cravan, am I understanding this correctly, these canvass letters that just went out will be the last ones sent out for the 2009 exam list? That's weird because I called them yesterday and the woman didn't give me any info as to if and when they would do anymore canvassing. Do you speak to someone at OCA that has better info? Let me know, because I was going to deny these canvass letters for the 3rd,4th, 5th & 6th JD's. But, if it's my last chance to get in, I will have to go for it. Thanks in advance.
          According to the OCA official I spoke to, yeah. I am not sure if the person I spoke to has better information. I called that same person in April 2012 and was told that there aren't any rumors of a new recruit class. Now, that same person is telling me that there is a possibility of a new class in April 2013 or earlier. Hopefully that persons information is credible.

Comment

Hey,

I am just the messenger, lol. The information that I was told by the OCA official could or could not be credible. One thing I've learned in trying to obtain this job is that anything can happen, but I still take any information given seriously.

Comment

• The next Court Officer exam will be in Oct & Dec 2013. Exams are given every 4 years. I took my first exam in 2005 and my second one in 2009.

Comment

Don't u mean COLLECT a million of dollars, isn't the the exam fee $50 bucks a head and thousands of people take it across the state?

Comment

• Originally posted by TruGuardian View Post
                  Don't u mean COLLECT a million of dollars, isn't the the exam fee $50 bucks a head and thousands of people take it across the state?
                  New York State Court Officer-Trainee
                  Exam Number: 45-758

Application Fee
                  A $30.00 application fee, in the form of a money order, is required to apply for this examination. Please refer to the application form for additional information about how to submit your application fee payment, including whether you are eligible for a waiver of the application fee.
                  Last edited by Cravan; 06-06-2012, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• This is for anyone (from upstate canvass (9th JD) from what I recall) who took the PAT and on the same day met with their investigator.....

If you were able to do both of these processes in the same day, does that mean you know if you passed or not on the PAT(on the day of physical)? Otherwise, why would they move you along to the BI?
                    Last edited by CivilServant14; 06-06-2012, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• I have no idea what OCA is going to do however the website doesn't say it will be in 2013 it says they don't anticipate one prior to 2013 which means it could be later. A few classes have gone in from the 2005 list none have gone in from the 2009 list so I dk why they would offer one in 2013. Then again that's just my own opinion I have no idea

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                        This is for anyone (from upstate canvass (9th JD) from what I recall) who took the PAT and on the same day met with their investigator.....

If you were able to do both of these processes in the same day, does that mean you know if you passed or not on the PAT(on the day of physical)? Otherwise, why would they move you along to the BI?
                        I believe some people took their pat found out they passed then had their psych and meeting with bi on the same day. Others had meeting with bi one day and psych another day. Pat is not combined with anything else

Comment

• I just spoke to OCA and they said there is no info to say this is the last batch of canvass letters for the 2009 test, and they don't know why anyone would say that. Also they are technically still in a hiring freeze and are just trying to get potential trainees lined up and ready when the freeze is lifted. The list is good to July 2014 and might be extended to July 2015.

I also took the Court Assistant test in Oct 2010 and ranked 6XX. Does anyone know the hiring procedures for that, weight, vision ?

Comment

• When I was being canvassed for the 2005 exam in late 2008/early 2009, my investigator encouraged me to take the 2009 exam because he/she did not think a new recruit class was going in due to a hiring freeze. I took my investigators advice and took the 2009 exam. Then, in late 2010, the OCA telephoned me and inquired if I was still interested in becoming a Court Officer trainee. I accepted the job and took a pre-appointment medical exam. After I passed the exam, the OCA telephoned me again and instructed me to report to the academy on Jan 6, 2011. You all know the rest of the story. Anyhow, the point I am trying to make is that anything can happen with this job, so expect the unexpected.

Comment

• Originally posted by TruGuardian View Post
                              NYS - First they steal your money.....Then they steal your soul..........

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackangel5288 View Post
                                I believe some people took their pat found out they passed then had their psych and meeting with bi on the same day. Others had meeting with bi one day and psych another day. Pat is not combined with anything else
                                I am coming from out of state so would love to combine as much as possible to save time and money.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8041 users online. 343 members and 7698 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X