300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Safetyman View Post
    I haven't heard anything about 25 year retirement. Remember at 25 you only get 50% of your final average salary, where as 30 years give you 60% of your FAS. It makes a subtantial difference for retirement. However, this also depends on what is more impotant at the time and your finances.
    Sorry for the the typo, I meant important.

Comment

• Ok, so I received a "conditional appointment" letter in mail yesterday for JD 3....it's says stand by for notification for Pre-Medical, etc.

My question now is since I was canvassed for a few JDs, and if I'm DQ'd for JD 3...will I still be eligible to process for the other JDs, I was originally canvassed for? Or, is a one shot opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by TruGuardian View Post
        Ok, so I received a "conditional appointment" letter in mail yesterday for JD 3....it's says stand by for notification for Pre-Medical, etc.

My question now is since I was canvassed for a few JDs, and if I'm DQ'd for JD 3...will I still be eligible to process for the other JDs, I was originally canvassed for? Or, is a one shot opportunity.
        One shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Retriever View Post
          One shot.
          I wish I was "unemployed"....lol

Comment

• After receiving our canvass letters recently, does anyone know when we can be expected to start the physical?

Comment

• Originally posted by TruGuardian View Post
              Ok, so I received a "conditional appointment" letter in mail yesterday for JD 3....it's says stand by for notification for Pre-Medical, etc.

Yes, I do believe that it is one shot. I just started P90X to get in better shape. I am 2 days in and it is kickin my butt. I will be ready by the time my # is drawn !

Comment

• Good luck to you guys. Especially the unemployeed guys. Hope you get through this!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Coprock1 View Post
                  After receiving our canvass letters recently, does anyone know when we can be expected to start the physical?
                  I went for the pre-medical about 6 weeks after receiving the first letter.

Comment

• Wow! The Court Officer forum is alive and kicking. I am glad to see that. Good luck to all!!!

Comment

• Just out of curiosity, what is the return address on the canvass letter you guys are getting for the upstate JD's?

Comment

• Originally posted by Safetyman View Post
                        Just out of curiosity, what is the return address on the canvass letter you guys are getting for the upstate JD's?
                        25 Beaver St. NY NY 10004 Room 1058
                        Last edited by Max 1618; 06-05-2012, 11:44 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
                          Has anyone heard information about OCA going to 25 year retirement? Are CO's still CSEA?
                          Hey,

I read an article about NYS Parole Officers trying to obtain 25 year retirement. It was in their union's paper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max 1618 View Post
                            Yes, I do believe that it is one shot. I just started P90X to get in better shape. I am 2 days in and it is kickin my butt. I will be ready by the time my # is drawn !
                            P90X works really well. I have done it in the pass and the most important step is to follow the diet. I am back to a better diet and working on my cardio and strength to help shed some pounds. Got some ways to go to reach my weight requirement, but will be ready when I have to go down for the physical. I don't have to lose too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                              Hey,

I read an article about NYS Parole Officers trying to obtain 25 year retirement. It was in their union's paper.
                              I know Warrant/Transfer has been fighting to get the 25 as well. Does anyone know where you can obtain more info on the current OCA contract. I can't find it anywhere????

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                                I telephoned the OCA today and inquired about when the next academy class will take place. I was told that there are rumors circulating right now at the OCA of a new recruit class in April 2013 or earlier. I was also told that there are rumors of a buyout which may not be true.

I almost forgot, the OCA official also stated that this second canvass will be the last for the 2009 exam.
                                Cravan, am I understanding this correctly, these canvass letters that just went out will be the last ones sent out for the 2009 exam list? That's weird because I called them yesterday and the woman didn't give me any info as to if and when they would do anymore canvassing. Do you speak to someone at OCA that has better info? Let me know, because I was going to deny these canvass letters for the 3rd,4th, 5th & 6th JD's. But, if it's my last chance to get in, I will have to go for it. Thanks in advance.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7793 users online. 372 members and 7421 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X