300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JackThat View Post
    I got a letter yesterday for JD6. Scored 86 point something, rank 6***. I'm gonna pass on that offer most likely.
    What other JDs did you select?

Comment

• I also scored 86.7 on the 2009 exam. However, I haven't received anything yet. Maybe because my rank is 7***.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
        I ranked in mid 5xxx.... I haven't received anything yet.

Is the 'conditional appointment letter' the initial canvass letter?
        Yes it is. Once a person chooses a location, then they will be contacted to go through the screening process.

Comment

• I am not sure why OCA sent me a letter for JD's 4,5 & 6. I live in NYC and never requested that I wanted to work in upstate NY.

Comment

• At the time of the test I chose pretty much all the lower half of the state to increase my chance of getting hired as I live in NYC. The letter I got only stated I was being canvassed for the 6th district, I guess Delaware county wouldn't be that bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackThat View Post
              At the time of the test I chose pretty much all the lower half of the state to increase my chance of getting hired as I live in NYC. The letter I got only stated I was being canvassed for the 6th district, I guess Delaware county wouldn't be that bad.
              Just received my canvass today for the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th JDs. I wish I could get NYC.

Comment

I ranked in mid 5xxx.... I haven't received anything yet.

Is the 'conditional appointment letter' the initial canvass letter?
                But what JD's do u "recall" selecting on ur exam?

that could be the reason they haven't contacted u.

I received my letters a month ago and I'm in the 4*** range.

Comment

• Originally posted by TruGuardian View Post
                  But what JD's do u "recall" selecting on ur exam?

that could be the reason they haven't contacted u.

I received my letters a month ago and I'm in the 4*** range.
                  I selected the entire state...I just received my canvass letter today for upper districts.

Comment

I selected the entire state...I just received my canvass letter today for upper districts.
                    [email protected]"The FALSE alarm"....

Comment

Just received my canvass today for the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th JDs. I wish I could get NYC.
                      I am glad to hear that you received a canvass letter. Which JD(s) are you going to choose? Furthermore, do you live in NYC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                        I am glad to hear that you received a canvass letter. Which JD(s) are you going to choose? Furthermore, do you live in NYC?
                        I'm leaning towards 3rd with 4th as my second choice. My packet says to number them in order of preference and not just pick one.
                        I have family in NYC but live out of state at this time.

Comment

• Hey Cravan, I just received my canvass for 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th JDs also. Since I live in Suffolk County, I was hoping for something a little closer. My question is should I decide to not accept these JDs would that jeopardize me getting a shot at this job ? Or do you think I will eventually get canvassed for some of the downstate JDs ? Appreciate if you could give me some advice on this, thanks.

Comment

• Hey Civil, I was also canvassed for the 3,4,5 & 6 JDs ... I want this job, but would really love to be closer to home since I live in Suffolk ... do you think if I don't accept these JDs, I will eventually get canvassed for a closer to home JD ? I don't want to mess this up, thanks : )

Comment

• Originally posted by Monkeyboy49 View Post
                              Hey Civil, I was also canvassed for the 3,4,5 & 6 JDs ... I want this job, but would really love to be closer to home since I live in Suffolk ... do you think if I don't accept these JDs, I will eventually get canvassed for a closer to home JD ? I don't want to mess this up, thanks : )
                              Question I am grappling with as well. It's a crap shoot..if you accept at least you have your foot in the door. Not an easy decision though, especially if it's a place you do not want to live.

Only positive is you may be able to transfer down the line but I would assume one may need seniority to do that. Good luck in your decision and weigh in on all possibilities.

Comment

• I also received my canvas letters for 3,4,5,6.
                                I took the test in 2009 scored a 88.30 rank 50XX

Got a question regarding my credit, i was laid off in 2008 and collected unemployment for 2 years paying just mortgage and everyday living expenses. All along accumulating judgments and charge-offs on the rest of my credit. Do i have ANY chance? Rest of back ground is good.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7005 users online. 334 members and 6671 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X