Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does anyone know if the 29 Court Officers who were slated to get laid off will keep their jobs after June 2012? I hope they will keep their jobs.

    Comment


    • As per one of my sources at OCA those 29 Officers will continue to be taken care of by the union.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Safetyman View Post
        As per one of my sources at OCA those 29 Officers will continue to be taken care of by the union.
        Thanks for the reply. Wow! OCA still does not have enough money in their budget to keep those officers. That is not a good sign for potential recruits.

        Comment


        • Yet on the 25th conditional selection letters were sent out to candidates in regions 3 - 8.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dbacksrock02 View Post
            Yet on the 25th conditional selection letters were sent out to candidates in regions 3 - 8.
            That's not for appointment, is it? Wouldn't it be odd to have NYC/Suffolk processing for a year+ longer than other regions and not be hiring yet?

            Comment


            • We just received canvassing letters not conditional letters

              Comment


              • Just received my conditional appointment letter for 8th JD.
                NYS Court Officer
                Test 10/24/2009
                Score: 91.7
                Rank: 2***

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Kabbage View Post
                  That's not for appointment, is it? Wouldn't it be odd to have NYC/Suffolk processing for a year+ longer than other regions and not be hiring yet?
                  That is the letter that they send when you express interest to the canvas letter they sent you. It means they start processing, with the pre-medical screening shortly thereafter.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Rodney880 View Post
                    Just received my conditional appointment letter for 8th JD.
                    I also received the conditional appointment letter for JD8. The scheduling department advised that the medical follow up letter will be issued in early June.

                    Comment


                    • Congrats to all who received the canvass/conditional letters. It is good to see that things are moving.

                      Comment


                      • I received three conditional appointment letters from OCA today asking if I am interested in working in JD's 4,5 & 6. I took the 2009 exam just in case I did not get hired off the 2005 one. I hope this means that a recruit class will be in effect in the near future.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                          I received three conditional appointment letters from OCA today asking if I am interested in working in JD's 4,5 & 6. I took the 2009 exam just in case I did not get hired off the 2005 one. I hope this means that a recruit class will be in effect in the near future.
                          So those letters are in reference to the 2009 exam? What was your score/rank for 2009?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                            So those letters are in reference to the 2009 exam? What was your score/rank for 2009?
                            Yes they are. I scored an 86 and my rank is 6***.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                              Yes they are. I scored an 86 and my rank is 6***.
                              I ranked in mid 5xxx.... I haven't received anything yet.

                              Is the 'conditional appointment letter' the initial canvass letter?
                              Last edited by CivilServant14; 06-01-2012, 11:44 PM.

                              Comment


                              • I got a letter yesterday for JD6. Scored 86 point something, rank 6***. I'm gonna pass on that offer most likely.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6976 users online. 249 members and 6727 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X