300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Monkeyboy49 View Post
    Well, my rank is 42XX ... I'm hoping I will get canvassed on this round ... I'm 5' 11" and weigh around 218 lbs and in pretty good shape ... I guess I should start losing some weight ... good luck to all you guys : )
    you had better check out the sheet and get below the weight for your height. From memory i am going to say around 203-204 pounds. When i went for my final physical i was the same weight as my first physical and i failed. They are very strict now with the weight issue. I had to lose 18 pounds in 9 days, which i pulled off but did me no good since even though i passed and they confirmed me for the academy our fantastic new governor cancelled it at the last second.......

Dont mess around and get below that weight to save yourself aggrevation later.

still pulling that we will have a class soon
    Last edited by FutureCtOfr; 05-05-2012, 06:38 PM.
    Test 45-722
    Rank 21XX
    was scheduled for january 6th 2011 class that was cancelled

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCtOfr View Post
      you had better check out the sheet and get below the weight for your height. From memory i am going to say around 203-204 pounds. When i went for my final physical i was the same weight as my first physical and i failed. They are very strict now with the weight issue. I had to lose 18 pounds in 9 days, which i pulled off but did me no good since even though i passed and they confirmed me for the academy our fantastic new governor cancelled it at the last second.......

Dont mess around and get below that weight to save yourself aggrevation later.

still pulling that we will have a class soon
      The weight is 202 lbs for me ... yes, I know about the cancelled academy, been on this forum for 2 yrs now ... hope you guys get in soon ... can you tell me how you lost 18 lbs in 9 days ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Monkeyboy49 View Post
        The weight is 202 lbs for me ... yes, I know about the cancelled academy, been on this forum for 2 yrs now ... hope you guys get in soon ... can you tell me how you lost 18 lbs in 9 days ?
        cut out soda, tons of water, low carbs, hard boiled egg whites, lots of small 100 calorie packs spread out through the day so your body was continually metabolising, plain popcorn, lots of grilled chicken and some salad. Make sure to not starve yourself cause it turns your metabolism down. Keep eating just make sure what you take in isnt going to add calories

good luck
        Test 45-722
        Rank 21XX
        was scheduled for january 6th 2011 class that was cancelled

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCtOfr View Post
          cut out soda, tons of water, low carbs, hard boiled egg whites, lots of small 100 calorie packs spread out through the day so your body was continually metabolising, plain popcorn, lots of grilled chicken and some salad. Make sure to not starve yourself cause it turns your metabolism down. Keep eating just make sure what you take in isnt going to add calories

good luck
          Thanks Future, same to you buddy ...

Comment

• Just heard from OCA HR and I will be able to go into the academy at my same pay rate if I am selected. That is great news as I would have really been struggling with taking a pay cut at this point in life.

How long does it usually take from accepting canvas letter untill first appontment? And are all of the appointments in Albany, or do you have to go to NYC for anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by g60gti View Post
              Just heard from OCA HR and I will be able to go into the academy at my same pay rate if I am selected. That is great news as I would have really been struggling with taking a pay cut at this point in life.

How long does it usually take from accepting canvas letter untill first appontment? And are all of the appointments in Albany, or do you have to go to NYC for anything?
              OCA didn't happen to even so much as hint at a class any time soon, did they?

Comment

• They are currently canvassing for SGT. Nothing concrete yet about new officers
                http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                  They are currently canvassing for SGT. Nothing concrete yet about new officers
                  Thanks for the info Deacon. Hope all is well with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                    Thanks for the information. Were most of the 25 potential recruits also being canvassed for Suffolk?
                    Not sure, they told us all not to talk to one another during the exam so I did not get to talk to any one at the test. I did pass though and I am scheduled to appear for my background investigation this thursday so I'm excited about that.

I read on the website that the investigation typically takes 3-5 months, is that true?

Comment

• Originally posted by ryu991 View Post
                      Not sure, they told us all not to talk to one another during the exam so I did not get to talk to any one at the test. I did pass though and I am scheduled to appear for my background investigation this thursday so I'm excited about that.

I read on the website that the investigation typically takes 3-5 months, is that true?
                      Yes...if not longer. Good luck on your background investigation.
                      Last edited by Cravan; 05-14-2012, 12:10 AM.

Comment

• I was in contact with the processing and scheduling dept and they advised that they will begin contacting individuals for further processing beginning in June.

Comment

• Originally posted by ryu991 View Post

Hey Ryu,

How was your investigative meeting? Furthermore, did OCA tell you guys anything new?

Comment

• Originally posted by dbacksrock02 View Post
                            I was in contact with the processing and scheduling dept and they advised that they will begin contacting individuals for further processing beginning in June.
                            That's good news for you all. I get the impression that there may not be another recruit class until after April 2013. I telephoned OCA today and they stated that there is no news of an academy class.

Comment

• Greetings everyone. I missed my previously scheduled initial background investigation meeting on May 17th. I did call the proceesing unit in advance to let them know and they told me a letter will follow but so far I have not received any correspondence. Should I be worried? I have come this far and dont want to be disqualified. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly.

Comment

• Originally posted by semperfitt2008 View Post
                                Greetings everyone. I missed my previously scheduled initial background investigation meeting on May 17th. I did call the proceesing unit in advance to let them know and they told me a letter will follow but so far I have not received any correspondence. Should I be worried? I have come this far and dont want to be disqualified. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly.
                                Hope for the best, it doesnt look good for alot of us. The longer it takes for an academy class to go in the harder it will be for all the people with the higher rank numbers. All the rank numbers kinda fall into place. Even if they hire one in 10 (the example that was given during the physical ability) that would mean that 10 in every 100 would have a shot. So 50 out of 500 plus the other people that are waiting to get in would bring an academy class close to 100. I dont know. Seems like this is a bad time for us.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9236 users online. 223 members and 9013 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X