Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCCSD
    commented on 's reply
    Bwahahahaha. Seriously dude, stop smoking.

• Dinosaur32
    replied
    This has come up in the past. As much as doing away with Court Officers sounds good, look at where this came from. An applicant who did not make the cut. Think about the responsibilities of the job and then try to figure how square badges could do it. Also remember that even though OCA proposes a budget, the State controls the amount of money provided. Cutting Court Officers would not necessarily allow for the judges to get more.

Leave a comment:

• Rodney Jones
    commented on 's reply
    I wouldnt worry about it. Have a few friends on the job, virtual will most likely be on its way out. The state wants people coming to court in person. All of this stuff would take legislation, and many years if they decided to do something like that.

• ccoop93
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnfox View Post
    I hear that now Dennis Quirk is gone and budget cuts, major layoffs and hiring freeze’s are inevitable. Janet Difiore wants to replace Court officers with mall cop’s and keep what’s left of the budget for themselves. I’m being told to jump ship or have plan B. Ready. What was the point of all this time and money spent on new recruits just to pull this crap? The future of the court system is remote video chat’s. Covid was the knife in the heart to dying job.
    Is there any validity to this statement? I currently work in investigations as a civilian employee for NYC government and was looking to go to courts since their pay structure has line bumps which my current civilian title does not (meaning our raises are random and not guaranteed; also tons and tons of work for less than adequate pay).

I don't want to leave to a job to go to one where I would be laid off in the future as I have a secure title now... Any advice appreciated thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• Joefromgc
    commented on 's reply
    You couldn’t have been notified of that before you jumped through all these hoops?? Your process wasn’t handled properly in my opinion. I’m sorry to hear that dude.

• Oneforall
    replied
    Does anyone know if you recieve a retirement ID and letter that allows you to carry at the end of your service?

Leave a comment:

• LukeSW
    commented on 's reply
    Just to piggyback, if you are not approved by the board you will not be effected as much as being DQed so it is not advisable to fight it...if you even can. If you are DQed for background, psychological, or medical and you firmly believe there was a mistake, you should expend your resources in hopes of joining another LEO agency as they will investigate further as to why you were DQed.

• L33
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnfox View Post
    I hear that now Dennis Quirk is gone and budget cuts, major layoffs and hiring freeze’s are inevitable. Janet Difiore wants to replace Court officers with mall cop’s and keep what’s left of the budget for themselves. I’m being told to jump ship or have plan B. Ready. What was the point of all this time and money spent on new recruits just to pull this crap? The future of the court system is remote video chat’s. Covid was the knife in the heart to dying job.
    There are no current talks of layoffs, and there should be an academy starting this spring. Covid did bring virtual into the court system but wasn't that the case with other private sector jobs as well? I'm sorry to hear about your disqual bro, but keep applying to other agencies if you are still interested in a law enforcement career. Best of luck

Leave a comment:

• Johnfox
    replied
    Last edited by Johnfox; 02-24-2022, 10:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rodney Jones
    commented on 's reply
    I have heard of people having to meet with the review board, but not everyone does. For the most part they just review your background, and you don't have to meet with them

• Virgil_Tibbs
    commented on 's reply
    Wow smh...I hope u didn't dish out a lotta cash

• OnlyTheStrong1
    replied
    The review board is and interview or they look at your background then make and decision.

Leave a comment:

• AMP519
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry to hear that. Is there an appeals process?

• Johnfox
    replied

Well, it’s been a long journey. Made it to the very end, but was ultimately denied by review board for to many speeding tickets and not the best work history. 8 years down the drain.

Leave a comment:

• OnlyTheStrong1
    replied
    Nope not yet there finishing up exam 45 784 list

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2991 users online. 222 members and 2769 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X