300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CorbsUSN View Post
    Anybody remember how long it took from receiving your letter to first medical?
    I think it was about 6 weeks for me.
    Last edited by Retriever; 05-01-2012, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• Just spoke with someone from OCA...highest grade they canvassed for upstate was 4037 (but don't remember which district as they were all different). I believe the score was 90 something.
      Good luck to all canvassed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Retriever View Post
        I think it was about 6 weeks for me.
        Thanks. You can do it either in Albany or NYC right?

Comment

• Originally posted by CorbsUSN View Post
          Thanks. You can do it either in Albany or NYC right?
          I am not sure, it may depend on the JD you are processing for.

Comment

• I think it was stated that your weight will be taken at the medical, are you immediately DQ or do they give you a chance to come back and qualified?

Comment

• It takes about a year to a year and a half to complete the process, am I correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by TruGuardian View Post
                I think it was stated that your weight will be taken at the medical, are you immediately DQ or do they give you a chance to come back and qualified?
                You get one chance to come back and weigh in again. They gave me a month to lose 14lbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Retriever View Post
                  You get one chance to come back and weigh in again. They gave me a month to lose 14lbs.
                  Thats good because it may be close. Total BS, i'm 6'2" and 232, athleticaly built.

I am actually more worried about keeping my current NYS pay rate or at least close to it. Otherwise I don't think I am going to be able to handle a pay cut like that, no matter how good this position is.

Comment

• They have always been very strict w/ the weight. I remember back in the early '80's that a woman I worked with failed for being 5 lbs. overweight. She had to lose it and take the physical again.
                    RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Congrats to all who got the canvass letters to other JD's. My question to you guys what are some of your ranks and your score on the test? Also what JD's you got canvassed for? Really hoping that OCA will expand the list one more year in 2013 and give out another test as well. Will take it again if they decide to not go down to my score. Got a 88.3, rank 50XX, took test in Oct 2009.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd57 View Post
                        Congrats to all who got the canvass letters to other JD's. My question to you guys what are some of your ranks and your score on the test? Also what JD's you got canvassed for? Really hoping that OCA will expand the list one more year in 2013 and give out another test as well. Will take it again if they decide to not go down to my score. Got a 88.3, rank 50XX, took test in Oct 2009.
                        OCA will extend the list for up to one year because of the lack of hiring. I am from the 2005 exam and I am still waiting to get hired.

The next exam will be in Oct & Dec 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                          OCA will extend the list for up to one year because of the lack of hiring. I am from the 2005 exam and I am still waiting to get hired.

The next exam will be in Oct & Dec 2013.
                          They canvassed for 3,4,5,6,8 districts. I believe the 7th is not under the states control yet but I'm not sure. They went down to 4037 I believe. They will extend this list at least a year. I know that it says they can extend for a year but they can actually extend the list for the entire duration of the states hiring freeze. All of us on the 09 test we have at least untill 2015 to get hired. At 5xxx I'd say you have a good chance at getting canvassed but you never what will happen with this economy. That being said I would you should take the next test to be safe. Cravan has gone through the ringer waiting for this job due to economy.
                          Last edited by CorbsUSN; 05-02-2012, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• hmmmmm...3rd, 5th, and 6th. Good ol' waiting game in effect, once again.

Comment

• Judges gobble up iPads, iPhones and computers using taxpayer cash

Read more: EXCLUSIVE: Judges gobble up Apple products on taxpayer-funded expense accounts - NYPOST.com

Comment

• Well, my rank is 42XX ... I'm hoping I will get canvassed on this round ... I'm 5' 11" and weigh around 218 lbs and in pretty good shape ... I guess I should start losing some weight ... good luck to all you guys : )

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12457 users online. 432 members and 12025 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X