Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court officers union wants judge ousted after uncuffed thug attacks three of its members

Read more: Court officers union wants judge ousted after uncuffed thug attacks three of its members  - NY Daily News

Comment

• This is an ongoing problem with some judges, like Judge Uviller. I know her for many years and had, similar incidents in her courtroom. The judge is king in his courtroom and always will be in NY. Don't think this incident will change procedures. Luckily, today, most judges are not like her, they follow procedure which calls for defendants to remain cuffed. Except at trial and at hearings, defendants usually do remain cuffed.

Comment

• Just received a canvas letter for the 8th disrict. I currently have 5 years state service, tier 3. Quick question, taking this would be a significant pay cut, would I keep my current pay rate or at least fall in to OCA's scale comparable to where I am now? And as far as location, I could be anywhere in district 8, right? How long is the typical wait to get back to Erie co.?

Comment

• Just received canvassing letters for 3,4,5,6,8 districts

Comment

• Hey I'm planning on taking this test the next time it comes around. Is relocation paid for or do they try to keep you to as close as possible to where you currently live?

Comment

• Relocation is not paid for but you have a possibilty of getting hired in the district you live in. It all depends on the needs of the courts for your area

Comment

• Originally posted by g60gti View Post
                Just received a canvas letter for the 8th disrict. I currently have 5 years state service, tier 3. Quick question, taking this would be a significant pay cut, would I keep my current pay rate or at least fall in to OCA's scale comparable to where I am now? And as far as location, I could be anywhere in district 8, right? How long is the typical wait to get back to Erie co.?
                What is you ranking and score on the list?
                From my understanding everyone starts at 39k and after 2 years you go up to 49k and then slowly progress each year with a raise.

Comment

• I also received a canvass for the 8th district. Hopefully OCA will release some information on what scores/ranks they are contacting.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilServant14 View Post
                    What is you ranking and score on the list?
                    From my understanding everyone starts at 39k and after 2 years you go up to 49k and then slowly progress each year with a raise.
                    Rank of 5xx, 95 score. I know the hiring rate and have seen the pay scale. I just know people that have came from other NY state agencies with similar job titles and kept their current pay grade as closely as it relates to the new agencies scale. I guess i just need to contact OCA direct and find out.

Good luck all.

Comment

• I'm also in state service at the present time. I know a Court Officer who was a 15 year state corrections officer before taking the Court Officer job. He told me he did not start at the bottom. He was plced on the grade 14 line closest to his salary. He then went up the four grdes after probation which then increased his salary. Your state agency has to have a reciprocal agreement with OCA.

Comment

• That is great news everyone!!! Things are gradually moving. Like I've stated before, we have to remain hopeful. I am happy for you all. You guys have been waiting for a very long time and it is about time.

Good luck

Comment

• I'm having trouble finding a pay scale for NYS court officer. Amyone have a link?

Comment

• Originally posted by g60gti View Post
                            I'm having trouble finding a pay scale for NYS court officer. Amyone have a link?
                            http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/6...ryschedule.pdf

Comment

• That is great news that you are receiving canvass letters for the 8th JD. I currently work as a court officer in this JD and it is great to know that there will be some more new recruits arriving soon! We have been working short handed for a while so this is welcome news!

Comment

• Anybody remember how long it took from receiving your letter to first medical?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5937 users online. 239 members and 5698 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X