300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by isler45 View Post
    I just got a letter for my oral psychological. Nice to see they didn't totally forget about me. Anyone care to let me know what I should expect?
    Congrats!!! It is good to see that the OCA is still processing people.

Psychological Assessment:

Each candidate will be required to undergo a psychological assessment designed to test for emotional or psychological problems that might interfere with effectively performing the duties of the position. The psychological examination consists of written psychological assessment tests and a personal interview with a licensed clinical psychologist and/or licensed psychiatrist. The candidate will be scheduled for a personal interview with a psychologist and/or psychiatrist who will review the results of the candidate’s psychological tests and investigation report. Candidates found qualified at this stage will be referred to the Court Officer Evaluation Board.

Comment

• Originally posted by isler45 View Post
      I just got a letter for my oral psychological. Nice to see they didn't totally forget about me. Anyone care to let me know what I should expect?
      Hey isler, congrats man, what list number are you? I'm list 6xx, just want to know where they are up to. Thanks.

Comment

• Rank in the 700's

Comment

• Originally posted by jontot View Post
          Thanks Cravan. I got the article you PM me. So do you think our UI will run until June this year? I hope they call us back this Summer.
          Hey,

We are entitled to 13 more weeks of UI. My UI will end on July 1, 2012. I also hope we get called before our UI runs out.

Comment

• Cravan,
            Realistically, in your opinion, What are the chances of OCA hiring more than 200 people of my list? I would guess that the longer it takes for OCA to put in a class in will only benefit the higher rank numbers (1-500).Even if people drop out or get hired by other agencies, how many will they hire off the new list? From what i've read no one really leaves that job. Cravan, you guys hold the golden ticket (even if you've been put thru hell and back while waiting) but you are the only ones guaranteed the job. Can anyone shine light on this, How many people actually get hired for NYC off of every list.
            If 1 in 5 are found to be hire ready and they hire 250 off the list then is 1250 a realistic rank for hire? someone help me out here.

Comment

• There is a good chance that a significant number of officers will be hired state-wide. Retirements are continuing as are other factors that cause vacancies. Many officers will be called for court clerk positions when hiring starts up. That will open up even more Court Officer lines to be filled.

Comment

• Dino, no disrespect when I say this but how do you know? I have been hearing that for some time now but the state still has not completely taken over the judicial district I'm in now. It's just this whole process is discouraging and long especially with the freeze. When I first signed up for the test I was told that the state would soon be in all courts state wide. It seems like this will never happen. I'm only 22 so I'm in this for the long hall. I am close to other employment federally but if I get the call for the state I'm there. That is the career I want. Caravan and jontot, im amazed how long you have waited and I think that speaks volumes for you and the job.

Comment

• The last time i spoke with my investigator he said based on the budget proposal he saw, it didn't look like there would be much hiring this year. That was a month or so ago. Maybe they will at least try to get the 50 guys through sometime this year.

Comment

• Hopefully for you guys. I turned down all NYC area canvassing and I'm wishing I didn't now but eventually they have to hire in cny and northern ny

Comment

• Sadsack,

I am not going to even lie to you, I am not sure. At this point, no one really knows anything about hiring. I called the OCA today and the nice lady who answered the phone stated that she has not heard anything about a new recruit class. Everyone at OCA keep telling me that after their budget is passed, they will probably have information about hiring.

CorbsUSN,

Thanks for the kind words. You guys on the forum keep me inspired.

Isler45,

Your investigator may be right or wrong. I've learned to expect the unexpected when dealing with civil service jobs. My investigator has told me things that were correct and incorrect.

Comment

• Do they know when the budget is supposed to be passed by?

Comment

• I believe the budget runs through April 1 to march 31 so they try and pass it around then

Comment

• Originally posted by CorbsUSN View Post
                            I believe the budget runs through April 1 to march 31 so they try and pass it around then
                            You are 100% correct.

Comment

• Say “NO!” to Governor Cuomo’s Tier VI Proposal
                              Image: Courtesy NYS AFL-CIOProtect Pension Rights for Nurses!

Think it’s hard now to recruit and retain the best nurses to work in the public sector? Just wait — Governor Cuomo has a plan to make it much worse — the Tier VI pension proposal, which adds another pension tier (and reduced benefits for new nurses), or pushing workers into a 401(k) plan. The fewer people in the pension system, the less stable it will be for all of us. Future nurses stuck in 401(k) plans will have far less retirement security than any of us. Raise your voice together with NYSNA nurses across the state and say NO to this proposal.

Nurses and other public sector workers need and deserve pension security, not more cutbacks. It’s going to take all of us raising our voices to stop it — and you can be part of the effort. Please call your legislators today at 877.255.9417 and tell them NO to the Tier VI Cuomo plan.

Comment

• Corbs....No disrespect taken. But I talk with a number of court employees fairly regularly. People are still retiring. Eventually the courts will reach a tipping point. The system does require a certain number of bodies to operate successfully. There are courts where prisoner production has already been affected by the shortage of Officers. Courts cannot operate without Court Clerks, as they retire there will be increased pressure on OCA to resume hiring from that list and that will impact the number of Court Officers. Get used to OCA's slow pace. Nothing ever happens quickly with OCA.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3889 users online. 192 members and 3697 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X