Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets see what happens, nobody has heard any rumors that I know in the courts and I really dont like assuming so I will just continue to wait patiently for things to happen.

Comment

• I might be wrong, but I would not expect much movement until after a budget is in place. If there is a buyout, OCA will wait to see how many pull the pin. Then fill levels have to be determined. But with a good incentive there will most likely be quite a bit of movement.

Comment

• I took the NYS court officer -Trainee exam #45-758 on Oct 24th. I havent heard from anyone.

I called yesterday and they said they havent been mailed out yet. She said we will get them prob June/July.

Comment

• My friend took the test from 05 and they are processing her pretty quickly. i dont know if that helps any of you know if they are getting ready to hire
          in the academy

Exam 8316

Comment

• All it says is they are still calling people of the old list. The new list is due to be certified in July. I have been done with the process since June of 08' and have been waiting for an academy since then. Good luck to your friend.

Comment

• Not sure how true it is but I heard the legislative passed the early retirement incentive proposed by Governor Paterson.. Im going to look into it to verify the truthfulness of it. Anyone else hear anything?
              Last edited by bluflu379; 06-02-2010, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• It passed both houses, and the Governor said he'll sign it (the bill is his proposal). Now we just wait to see if the Courts opt in
                Originally posted by bluflu379 View Post
                Not sure how true it is but I heard the legislative passed the early retirement incentive proposed by Governor Paterson.. Im going to look into it to verify the truthfulness of it. Anyone else hear anything?
                RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Originally posted by bluflu379 View Post
                  All it says is they are still calling people of the old list. The new list is due to be certified in July. I have been done with the process since June of 08' and have been waiting for an academy since then. Good luck to your friend.
                  I was curious as to why they are still going thru the old test if the on ewe took is suppose to be certified in july.

Would any of you know the odds of them mixing the old test with the new test to make up a class
                  in the academy

Exam 8316

Comment

• Bluflu check your inbox asap!
                    http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                    NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• LUIG
                      They most likely would not mix the classes. Remember you get your grade in July...it will take at least 6 months if not longer to get people from the new test cleared for appointment. So if they need people before lets say January (for sake of argument) they will go off the old test. It took almost 9 months for me to be cleared...and I thought that was relatively fast! FYI I have been cleared for appt. for over 2 years...it takes some time.
                      http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                      NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Early retirement incentive signed into law http://www.nysut.org/legislation_15138.htm
                        RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Don't remember ever hearing of a mixed class. Usually there are one or two 'last" classes off the expiring list for a number of political reasons. Once a list is certified it can take up to a year to get a class ready to go from the new list.

Comment

• Thank you all for the info
                            in the academy

Exam 8316

Comment

• early out

Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
                              There will be quite a lot of new hiring if the proposed early retirement incentive goes through
                              If you read the new retirement package, if the employee accepts the early out then the item they hold has to be eliminated, it cannot be filled. So I would question where you are getting your info

Comment

• The same language was included in previous buy-outs. However an exception was granted for LE titles. Hiring might be delayed to save money and fill levels would not be at one for one. But the hiring would go on for a while.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6603 users online. 318 members and 6285 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X