Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYS Court Officers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
    Just heard about a courthouse shooting in Orange County 9th JD http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/02/08...unman-is-dead/
    Here are some more details on the shooting . . .

    Armed man shot to death by court officer after he storms Middletown City Hall
    Published: 9:14 AM - 02/08/12
    Last updated: 11:11 AM - 02/08/12
    MIDDLETOWN - A man armed with a shotgun was shot to death by a court officer after he stormed into Middletown City Hall this morning.

    Eyewitnesses said about 9 a.m. today, a man in a brown hooded jacket with a scarf over his face rode his motorcycle in circles around Middletown City Hall at 16 James St. He then parked his motorcycle, which had a shotgun rack, at the First Federal Savings Bank parking lot next door and ran up the steps of City Hall holding a shotgun, according to witnesses.

    Witnesses said the man fired a single shot through the door to Middletown City Court, and that a court officer then shot the shooter outside the court entrance by a metal detector. Scanner reports indicate the shooter died from his wound. The shooter was taken out by ambulance to Orange Regional Medical Center.

    One court officer was wounded in the arm by the gunman and taken by ambulance to ORMC, according to a witness. Two court officers were taken to ORMC to be treated for shock, according to scanner report.s

    James Street and Henry Street are closed to traffic while officers investigate the shooting.

    City Hall and the First Federal Savings Bank were on lockdown. More on this breaking story as it develops.
    http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...NEWS/120209802


    ***Here is video from the scene***

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=nIr5hvn_mvc
    Last edited by NFA5426; 02-08-2012, 11:31 AM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
      Just heard about a courthouse shooting in Orange County 9th JD http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/02/08...unman-is-dead/
      Thank God no one else was hurt or killed. This could have been very ugly if it were not for the court officers.

      Comment


      • Hey Deacon,

        Check your PM when you get a chance.

        Comment


        • Great day today, got a letter from OCA saying i've completed all phases of processing. Now what?

          Comment


          • Good job on the part of the Court Officers!

            Comment


            • The officers should be commended. Thank goodness they were able to stop the guy before anyone else got hurt.

              Comment


              • Hey all,

                I recently completed my pre-screening medical exam and just received a letter in the mail scheduling the full medical exam.

                I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the full medical involves and if I will have to re-do my height/weight/blood pressure/vision even though I just completed that a week or so ago.

                thanks for any help.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by sadsack View Post
                  Great day today, got a letter from OCA saying i've completed all phases of processing. Now what?
                  Congrats. Now you are ready for hire. When an academy recruit class is scheduled, you will get called for the job.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ryu991 View Post
                    Hey all,

                    I recently completed my pre-screening medical exam and just received a letter in the mail scheduling the full medical exam.

                    I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the full medical involves and if I will have to re-do my height/weight/blood pressure/vision even though I just completed that a week or so ago.

                    thanks for any help.
                    Hey,

                    Congrats on passing your pre-screening medical exam. Are you being canvassed for NYC and what is your score on the exam?

                    The link below lists all phases of the screening process:

                    http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/screening.shtml

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by sadsack View Post
                      Great day today, got a letter from OCA saying i've completed all phases of processing. Now what?
                      Congrats. The long process is over for you. Now you just gotta wait and hope. When did you go for the psychological interview? Where r you on the list?

                      Comment


                      • Hey Jontot,

                        I sent you a PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                          Hey Jontot,

                          I sent you a PM.
                          Got it, thanks for the info. I hope they will.
                          Exam 2005/ 45-722
                          Rank: Low 4000
                          Pre-Appointment Medical-Passed on 11/29/2010
                          Candidate for Jan. 2011 Academy

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jontot View Post
                            Got it, thanks for the info. I hope they will.
                            No problem.

                            Comment


                            • Thanks I was in the top 20, thanks to the US Air Force. we'll see what happens, cravan has been waiting for what seems like a while from what i've been reading in the blog. so im not getting my hopes up. they have to hire cravan before they get to me/
                              Originally posted by Dbon View Post
                              Congrats. The long process is over for you. Now you just gotta wait and hope. When did you go for the psychological interview? Where r you on the list?
                              Last edited by sadsack; 02-16-2012, 04:21 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by sadsack View Post
                                Thanks I was in the top 20, thanks to the US Air Force. we'll see what happens, cravan has been waiting for what seems like a while from what i've been reading in the blog. so im not getting my hopes up. they have to hire cravan before they get to me/
                                You may get into the academy at the same time as me. If the OCA decides to hire over one hundred new officers, you will get called. It was about 50 of us that were supposed to get in the postponed Jan 6, 2011 recruit class.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8568 users online. 272 members and 8296 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X