Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not to get anyone's hopes up too high, but I'm hearing of movement in upper management in a couple of locations. Promotions like these are sometimes done to boost a pension. Whenever there is talk of a new pension tier, there is also talk of a buyout. There's a large number of employees who are regretting not taking the last buyout. At some point, OCA will have to run a couple of Academy classes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
      Not to get anyone's hopes up too high, but I'm hearing of movement in upper management in a couple of locations. Promotions like these are sometimes done to boost a pension. Whenever there is talk of a new pension tier, there is also talk of a buyout. There's a large number of employees who are regretting not taking the last buyout. At some point, OCA will have to run a couple of Academy classes.
      Hope that comes true, except for the tier VI pension of course.

Comment

Not to get anyone's hopes up too high, but I'm hearing of movement in upper management in a couple of locations. Promotions like these are sometimes done to boost a pension. Whenever there is talk of a new pension tier, there is also talk of a buyout. There's a large number of employees who are regretting not taking the last buyout. At some point, OCA will have to run a couple of Academy classes.
        Thanks for the info Dino.

Comment

Hope you are right Dino ... I wonder if that would mean Court Assistants too ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
            Depending on how high you scored and how many recruits OCA hires for the next class, you could be in the next academy.
            Thanks Cravan,
            you seem to be knowledgable. what is tier vi?

Comment

• Originally posted by sadsack View Post
              Thanks Cravan,
              you seem to be knowledgable. what is tier vi?
              You're welcome. Tier 6 is Governor Cuomo's new proposed pension tier for newly hired state employees. It needs approval by NY state lawmakers before it can be implemented. Check out the details below.

Meet Tier VI: Details of new pension package

– Increasing employee contributions from 3 percent to 4, 5 or 6 percent depending on salary level;

– Implementing a variable “risk/reward” system under which employee contributions would decrease or increase, within limits, tied to economic conditions;

– Raising the retirement age from 62 to 65 and prohibiting early retirements;

– Decreasing the pension multiplier from 2 percent to 1.67 percent for each year of credited service (e.g. employees with 30 years of service would receive a pension equivalent to 50 percent of final average salary versus 60 percent of final average salary under Tier 5); and

– Excluding overtime and other payments from the formula used to calculate final average salary for pension allowances.

– Creating a defined contribution option for public employees which would be voluntary for new employees and improve financial planning for public employers. The new option would:

Provide a minimum employer contribution of four percent of salary.

Provide for additional employer contributions of up to three percent of salary when
              matched by the employee.

Afford public employers financial stability by limiting employer contributions to a
              maximum of seven percent.

Offer a portability and vesting feature not available with defined benefit options.

Comment

• Sen Savino a NYC Democrat State Senator expressed some strong reservations about Cuomo's proposal. If there is a buyout and if OCA takes part I would expect a large number of departures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                  You're welcome. Tier 6 is Governor Cuomo's new proposed pension tier for newly hired state employees. It needs approval by NY state lawmakers before it can be implemented. Check out the details below.

Meet Tier VI: Details of new pension package

– Increasing employee contributions from 3 percent to 4, 5 or 6 percent depending on salary level;

– Implementing a variable “risk/reward” system under which employee contributions would decrease or increase, within limits, tied to economic conditions;

– Raising the retirement age from 62 to 65 and prohibiting early retirements;

– Decreasing the pension multiplier from 2 percent to 1.67 percent for each year of credited service (e.g. employees with 30 years of service would receive a pension equivalent to 50 percent of final average salary versus 60 percent of final average salary under Tier 5); and

– Excluding overtime and other payments from the formula used to calculate final average salary for pension allowances.

– Creating a defined contribution option for public employees which would be voluntary for new employees and improve financial planning for public employers. The new option would:

Provide a minimum employer contribution of four percent of salary.

Provide for additional employer contributions of up to three percent of salary when
                  matched by the employee.

Afford public employers financial stability by limiting employer contributions to a
                  maximum of seven percent.

Offer a portability and vesting feature not available with defined benefit options.

Thanks Cravan,
                  wow, it seems like the plan is to change the structure of the retirement system to benefit everyone else but the employee.
                  By the way, totally unrelated, is the tag cravan from the character in Underworld?

Comment

• Originally posted by sadsack View Post
                    Thanks Cravan,
                    wow, it seems like the plan is to change the structure of the retirement system to benefit everyone else but the employee.
                    By the way, totally unrelated, is the tag cravan from the character in Underworld?
                    You're welcome. Cravan is my middle name.

Comment

• Cravan check you pm
                      http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                      NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                        Cravan check you pm
                        Okay, thanks.

Comment

Cravan check you pm
                          Hey Deacon,

Check your PM. I sent you two messages.

Cravan

Comment

• I replied back
                            http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                            NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

I replied back
                              Got it. I also replied back. Thanks

Cravan

Comment

• Just heard about a courthouse shooting in Orange County 9th JD http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/02/08...unman-is-dead/
                                RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7327 users online. 404 members and 6923 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X