Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They do. The re-training for a court officer would be for someone who did not carry for a long time-leave of absence, jammed up, etc
    RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
      They do. The re-training for a court officer would be for someone who did not carry for a long time-leave of absence, jammed up, etc
      OK...thought perhaps an officer would have the choice not to carry. Although I don't see why one would not want to carry.

Comment

• Thanks for the info up above ... one last question: is there any type of academy for the Court Assistant position ?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Monkeyboy49;2957174]
          Originally posted by Cravan View Post
          If OCA canvasses candidates again for the Court Officer job, you will definitely get called. You are next up in line. I do not know anything about the hiring process for Court Assistant. Good luck!!![/QUOTE

Thanks Civil & Cravan ... you made me feel a little better ... best of luck to everyone ... good guys on this site ....
          You're welcome and thanks.

Comment

• Actually MANY years ago, the only officers that carried on duty in Family Court were the officers assigned to the mags. The officers in the courtrooms were unarmed. I seem to remember (but I'm not sure) that only some officers in civil court were armed. Nowadays virtually everyone carries on duty except the pen officer in the criminal parts and new graduates from the academy who have not been sent to the range for qualification.
            RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• No academy for court assistant
              RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Court Assistant is good entry position for the Courts. Very few if any are put through firearms qualification. But once in title, the promotional opportunities to Court Clerk are open, as well as the chance to switch title to Court Officer. It is, however, a strictly clerical title.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                  Court Assistant is good entry position for the Courts. Very few if any are put through firearms qualification. But once in title, the promotional opportunities to Court Clerk are open, as well as the chance to switch title to Court Officer. It is, however, a strictly clerical title.
                  Are there a fair number of men in this position or is it predominantly occupied by females?

Comment

• There are plenty of male court assistants
                    RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

There are plenty of male court assistants
                      There were plenty more women taking this exam than the CO so was just wondering.

Comment

• There are and have been a significant number of men in this title. Many of them do use it as a stepping stone into other titles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                          There are and have been a significant number of men in this title. Many of them do use it as a stepping stone into other titles.
                          Sounds like a good opportunity...

One other question...
                          I know in the beginning the money will be less than I am making now so I was considering having a p/t job at night and weekends. Is this possible as a CO or CA? Is there forced overtime if work needs to get done (which means I won't be able to hold the 2nd gig)?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• I've been retired now for almost 16 months, but the last I heard, overtime was practically non-existant. Even on some odd chance your part worked late, I'm sure there would be someone to work the o/t for you
                            RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

I've been retired now for almost 16 months, but the last I heard, overtime was practically non-existant. Even on some odd chance your part worked late, I'm sure there would be someone to work the o/t for you
                              One last question on the Court Assistant job ... are the vision and weight requirements the same as the C.O. position? I would think not, but just want to make sure ... thanks ...
                              Last edited by Monkeyboy49; 01-06-2012, 08:15 PM.

Comment

I've been retired now for almost 16 months, but the last I heard, overtime was practically non-existant. Even on some odd chance your part worked late, I'm sure there would be someone to work the o/t for you
                                Hey Soon2retire,

Is retirement what it's cracked up to be in regards to a good governmental pension?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10106 users online. 452 members and 9654 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X