300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MP1212 View Post
    I called my investigator today and it seems like he's not really caring when he gets to my stuff. He told me to call the beginning of January. He said he hasn't even opened my mail which I sent a few months ago. I haven't had the psych yet either. Anyone for NYC take the psych yet? If so whats ur rank?
    He is probably going to wait until after the holidays to start working on your case. Depending on who your investigator is, the screening process can be quick or it can drag. It took me almost two years to complete the screening process. There is a person who recently posted that they took their oral psych. You should send that person a pm. Good luck.
    Last edited by Cravan; 11-20-2011, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• I hope so. Does where I am in the background investigation effect when I take the psych or is it by rank number?

Comment

• Originally posted by MP1212 View Post
        I hope so. Does where I am in the background investigation effect when I take the psych or is it by rank number?
        I am not sure. You can probably find out the answer to your question by calling OCA.

Comment

• Cuomo: NY budget gap may reach $3.5B in 2013

After reading this story, I wonder if OCA will be hiring new Court Officers in 2012.

By - financial-cents, Posted on November 14, 2011

Bloomberg News - (Bloomberg) - New York state's projected deficit for the next fiscal year is expected to grow to as much as $3.5 billion as a stalled economic recovery cuts Wall Street jobs and shrinks bonuses, Gov. Andrew Cuomo's office said.

The gap for fiscal 2013 was projected at $2 billion when the current $131.7 billion budget was approved in March. It's now estimated to have widened to between $3 billion and $3.5 billion, according to the Budget Division's mid-year update released Monday by Mr. Cuomo's office. The division also forecast a $350 million shortfall in the current year.

State officials will use the updated revenue forecast and spending projections to start the budget process for next year.

“With the prospect of a weak bonus season on Wall Street, even more negative pressure is being placed on the state's receipts outlook,” the Budget Division said in a statement.

New York joins California and Florida in reporting revenue below forecasts in the past month. U.S. states are projecting combined budget gaps of $31.9 billion in fiscal 2013, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures in Denver. Unlike most states, where fiscal years begin July 1, New York starts its budget April 1.

Volatility in the national economy, the Greek debt crisis and questions about how both would affect Wall Street earnings caused the mid-year update to be delayed past its Oct. 31 deadline, said a spokesman for the budget division.

Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli said last month that revenue is likely to fall short of targets as Wall Street bonuses shrink and banks shed thousands of jobs. Tax collections for the first half of the fiscal year were off by $391.9 million, Mr. DiNapoli said Oct. 19. In 2010, the finance industry accounted for 23.5% of wages paid by businesses while making up 5.3% of jobs, he said.

Bank of America Corp., the biggest U.S. lender by assets, said Sept. 12 it will eliminate 30,000 jobs in the next few years under a project to remove about $5 billion in annual costs. Goldman Sachs Group Inc. said in July that it will cut about 1,000 positions after its second-quarter drop in trading revenue was bigger than analysts estimated.

Mr. Cuomo closed a $10 billion gap in the 2012 fiscal year budget without raising taxes. The 53-year-old Democrat used the threat of firings to get concessions from the state's two largest public-worker unions as part of a push to save $450 million in employee costs.

The current fiscal year budget gap also was closed with the help of a 10% cut to all agency budgets. In an Oct. 31 letter, Budget Director Robert Megna told agency chiefs to cut their costs by an additional 2.5% as they plan for next year.

Mr. Cuomo said last month he expects to increase education and health-care spending by 4% in fiscal year 2013.

Mr. Cuomo also has said he won't support a new tax on residents who earn more than $1 million annually, which Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver said he will introduce. During the last budget cycle, the Manhattan Democrat pushed Mr. Cuomo to extend a surcharge on individuals who earn more than $200,000, which is set to expire on Dec. 31. However, Mr. Cuomo and Senate Republicans, who hold a majority, opposed the plan.

Comment

• This is posted on the Court Officer Recruitment Site

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Candidates from the 2009 Court Officer-Trainee Exam # 45-758 have been canvassed for NYC, Suffolk and the 9th Judicial District, through the score of 91.7. Candidates are canvassed and contacted in rank order to begin the screening process. We have not started canvassing candidates with grades below 91.7 and for judicial districts 3 through 8. Please check back for updates and processing announcements.

Comment

• Happy thanksgiving All!
              Cravan check your PM
              http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
              NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                Happy thanksgiving All!
                Cravan check your PM
                Happy Thanksgiving to all as well. I got your PM, thanks. Check yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                  Hey,

I felt the same way when I got the oral psychological exam date. Come to think of it, I might have taken the oral psych exam in Yonkers. Lol. It could take a few weeks or months for you records to be sent to the Evaluation Board. It could take about the same amount of time to be cleared and ready for hire. Just sit tight and OCA will notify you. All this movement shows me that there will be another class in 2012. I hope you pass all the other steps.
                  Got a letter today stating that I successfully completed all the steps of the screening process. I'm very excited. Took a total of one year plus I was held up five months for failing the PAT the first time

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackangel5288 View Post
                    Got a letter today stating that I successfully completed all the steps of the screening process. I'm very excited. Took a total of one year plus I was held up five months for failing the PAT the first time
                    That is very great news!!! I am glad to hear that. I hope that we can get into the academy together in the near future. I remember being very excited when I got that same letter. There are valid rumors of an academy class in 2012. Let's pray that this is true.
                    Last edited by Cravan; 11-27-2011, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• Cravan- Have you heard of any rumors of if/when they will start canvassing for upstate NY? Has anyone heard anything for upstate NY?

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd57 View Post
                        Cravan- Have you heard of any rumors of if/when they will start canvassing for upstate NY? Has anyone heard anything for upstate NY?
                        Hey Todd,

I have not heard of any rumors of if/when they will start canvassing for upstate NY. Sorry. All I know is that OCA has not processed candidates from JD's 3 through 8 yet. If I hear something I will let you know. Check your PM. I hope this helps.
                        Last edited by Cravan; 11-28-2011, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                          Hey Todd,

I have not heard of any rumors of if/when they will start canvassing for upstate NY. Sorry. All I know is that OCA has not processed candidates from JD's 3 through 8 yet. If I hear something I will let you know. Check your PM. I hope this helps.
                          Cravan- Thanks for the PM. It did help. Thank You.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd57 View Post
                            Cravan- Thanks for the PM. It did help. Thank You.
                            You're welcome.

Comment

• Hope those officers recover soon.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...ticle-1.984842

Comment

• Originally posted by LAWSON09 View Post
                                “It didn’t involve them [the court officers] and they shouldn’t have gotten involved,” said one teen involved in the brawl. ”

Idiots like this cause my faith in humanity to die a little everyday.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5930 users online. 292 members and 5638 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X