300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
    I wonder if Pfau was forced out or just had enough. I also heard Prudenti is highly regarded and appreciates what Officers do. We'll see what happens. I'm not sure if you guys know but the new academy in crown heights is supposed to be operational in 2012. ALL new hires for the state will pass through brooklyn. 54000 square feet, gym, dormitory, mess hall, classrooms ....the real deal... eventually it will be a full 6 month program.... http://www.brooklyneagle.com/categor..._id=4&id=46565
    Will it be a live in academy due to the dormitory?

Comment

• Im guessing if you live on LI, 5 Boros, or westchester you commute any further out then you live there? I really don't know. I can't wait to see it when its done....and yea I am jealous lol.
      http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
      NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Originally posted by Kannons610 View Post
        Will it be a live in academy due to the dormitory?
        Yeah, for recruits who do not live close to Brooklyn. For example, a recruit from Albany will more than likely have to live there until the academy is over.

Comment

• New Academy

I wonder when exactly this new academy facility will open. I assume it may open in the fall of 2012.

Comment

Im guessing if you live on LI, 5 Boros, or westchester you commute any further out then you live there? I really don't know. I can't wait to see it when its done....and yea I am jealous lol.
            I can't wait either. I hope the academy is not extended to 6 months.

Comment

• Can anyone give me some insight as to what the oral psychological is like? Mine is coming up soon

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackangel5288 View Post
                Can anyone give me some insight as to what the oral psychological is like? Mine is coming up soon
                Hey,

The oral psychological is not bad at all. A Psychologist will ask you a series of questions to determine if you are crazy or not. I remember the Psychologist asking me questions about my upbringing and family. I took mine in Westchester, NY. It lasted no more than an hour. The Psychologist that tested me was nice. The location was at her house/office. You are almost done with the screening process. When is your psychological scheduled for?

The link below fully explains the oral psychological exam.

http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/screening6.shtml

Good luck
                Last edited by Cravan; 10-24-2011, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                  Hey,

The oral psychological is not bad at all. A Psychologist will ask you a series of questions to determine if you are crazy or not. I remember the Psychologist asking me questions about my upbringing and family. I took mine in Westchester, NY. It lasted no more than an hour. The Psychologist that tested me was nice. The location was at her house/office. You are almost done with the screening process. When is your psychological scheduled for?

The link below fully explains the oral psychological exam.

http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/screening6.shtml

Good luck

Yea lol it's been a long time coming. It's on Sunday in Yonkers. After the psych is evaluation board. How long does it take for your record to get from the psychologist to the evaluation board? And how long after that do you know if you're done?

Comment

Yea lol it's been a long time coming. It's on Sunday in Yonkers. After the psych is evaluation board. How long does it take for your record to get from the psychologist to the evaluation board? And how long after that do you know if you're done?
                    Hey,

I felt the same way when I got the oral psychological exam date. Come to think of it, I might have taken the oral psych exam in Yonkers. Lol. It could take a few weeks or months for you records to be sent to the Evaluation Board. It could take about the same amount of time to be cleared and ready for hire. Just sit tight and OCA will notify you. All this movement shows me that there will be another class in 2012. I hope you pass all the other steps.

Comment

• New Academy Facility

I checked out the new academy facility in Brooklyn today. It has a fence around it and I saw a construction trailer inside the grounds. I do not think the outside of the building will be touched much. It seems like the inside of the building is primarily being renovated. I saw a sign on the gate that read "New York State Dormitories." I wonder when this facility will open.

Comment

• New York State Dormitory Authority is the agency that sells the bonds to finance projects like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                          New York State Dormitory Authority is the agency that sells the bonds to finance projects like this.
                          Okay, cool.

Comment

• Results of the latetest PATare available http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/...ts101911.shtml Looks like this was all retesters. I counted 22 Dq's and 17 Q's. Out of that 17 I'm guessing 10 will make it to cleared for appointment. They are really getting into the list. The highest rank # was in 2600's. Overall its good they are processing.

Comment

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do OK. Just be confident and tell the truth....As far as the eval board, they will sit down with a batch of files...some candidates will be DQ based on background, some will be cleared without having to appear. Then there is some that will have to go before this board comprised of captains and chiefs and explain their background & why they should be allowed into the academy. Then they will decide. Some will make it, most won't. So if you pass everything else I'd say cleared around Feb/March Focus now on the psych. though. Make sure you know how to get there so your early. Full suit, shave, etc. Good luck!

Comment

Results of the latetest PATare available http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/...ts101911.shtml Looks like this was all retesters. I counted 22 Dq's and 17 Q's. Out of that 17 I'm guessing 10 will make it to cleared for appointment. They are really getting into the list. The highest rank # was in 2600's. Overall its good they are processing.

I am sorry to see that so many people got disqualified. It is good that OCA is still processing potential candidates. It seems like another academy class is arriving soon.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4136 users online. 177 members and 3959 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X