Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good enough grade to get called for this job?

Comment

• I haven't heard anything about any upcoming classes. There's been lots of buzz about early retirement incentives, which if they come to pass could mean substantial new hiring
      Originally posted by bluflu379 View Post
      redstormgsr you mean you took the test in 2005 and congradulations on finishing the process. Hopefully the next city academy is a large one. I know the new test should be certified around July but you will still have a good chance of getting on. If everyone remembers the first academy off of 45-722 which was given in 2005 didn't get in until April of 08' almost two years after 45-722 was certified which was July of 06' and they still had people off of the 2001 test go into the academy in 06' and 07'. Good luck the rest of the way and good luck to everyone else. Anyone hear anything about upcoming classes?
      RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• somebody check this

heard 2 clerks and a secretary to an AJ pulled their papers due to a pending buyout

also JB was told to prepare for a class

Comment

• A couple of officers I know in Queens pulled their papers back, too. Check the Senate and assembly websites for the budget bills....any early retirement incentive would most likely be contained in the bill.

Comment

• Sounds promising and I hope something happens soon. Hope Im in the next class. Thanks for some promising news gentleman.

Comment

• If there is an incentive....the State will try to have everyone off the books by the fall. Hiring, where approved and Court Officer lines usually are approved, most likely would not start until the new fiscal year. The retirees' salaries are already funded and the State can use the funds in other areas

Comment

• Yeah, I remember with the last incentive way back in 2002 they wanted everybody off the payroll by the end of October. I agree that most new hiring would take place in the new fiscal year, but some commands-think Supreme Courts- will need at least some new bodies before then.
                Last edited by soon2retire; 04-22-2010, 08:51 PM.
                RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. Thanks for some of the info.

Comment

• After reading Cheif Judge Lippmans judicial report sounds somewhat promising. He said that the operational staff would not and could not reduce its expenses because of the case load that has been added on every year and its at record levels. Only hiring freeze there is, is in the administration level. According to one of my brother in laws his LT told him they are getting ready for another class with a good number of recruits. Everyone that went on their transfer interviews would soon be able to transfer as soon as a class goes in. Hope something happens soon. Good Luck!!!!!

Comment

• In response to courtcop64's 4-3-10 comment about executing bench warrants, etc don't know if it's still the case but when I retired a number of years ago, the SCO's at Westchester County Court House in White Plains were told they couldn't make arrests as the local White Plains PD "wouldn't like it". Heaven forbid if you should ask for summonses. I don't know if things have changed there but now you guys have the same problem further up the line.
                      Last edited by LtJackRet; 04-28-2010, 09:43 AM. Reason: Grammar correction

Comment

• Originally posted by LtJackRet View Post
                        In response to courtcop64's 4-3-10 comment about executing bench warrants, etc don't know if it's still the case but when I retired a number of years ago, the SCO's at Westchester County Court House in White Plains were told they couldn't make arrests as the local White Plains PD "wouldn't like it". Heaven forbid if you should ask for summonses. I don't know if things have changed there but now you guys have the same problem further up the line.
                        Our local PD is thrilled about the legislation as it will relieve them of having to send a car over and hoping they get there before the subject leaves every time we call them about a bench warrant. My Lt. has already stated that we will be doing bench warrants, but we will probably be treating them more like remands than new arrests (i.e. calling the pd that covers the city in which the court that issued the warrant is located and having them pick the subject up).

Comment

• Do you guys get LIRR or Metro-North passes and can you ride NYCT for free?

Comment

• No free passes for any of the above.

Comment

• Just putting the thread back on top and I also know court officers who did ride the trains for free. I will asked them how they did it or what they did.

Comment

• There are conductors that will allow any LEO to ride ohis/her ID. They like to know that there are people to call if they have a problem with a passenger. To my mind the free ride isn't worth the hassle you might end up with. No boss is going to be happy that you got in late or missed work to help a conductor with a fare beat. And on the way home who wants to deal with a drunk? Not saying don't take action when necessary.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13159 users online. 443 members and 12716 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X