Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Assistants, last time I looked, are "No Gun" Peace Officers. No law enforcement role at all.

Comment

• Some Court Assistants are now being sent for firearms training after jumping through all the hoops. Several that I know of in Criminal Court have gone for the 56 hour class
      Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
      Court Assistants, last time I looked, are "No Gun" Peace Officers. No law enforcement role at all.
      Last edited by soon2retire; 04-14-2010, 05:39 AM.
      RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• I never expect to get out of a ticket if I get stopped, but I've been pulled over at least 7 times in the last 25 years, and have never gotten a ticket showing Clerk ID.
        Originally posted by Fuerza View Post
        Court assistants are entry level clerks. In the 1st and 2nd Judicial Departments (NYC, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland, Putnam, Orange, and Dutchess) they have peace officer status but only do clerk type duties and have no real law enforcement role. In other words, if you get pulled over don't expect your clerk or court assistant id to get you out of anything. Upstate clerks and court assistants do not have peace officer status, but that doesn't stop them from trying to tell us how to do our jobs.

I should mention to be fair that there are plenty of good court clerks/assistants out there. The ones who started out as court officers tend to be a little more friendly towards us, as well as more competent.
        Last edited by soon2retire; 04-14-2010, 05:38 AM.
        RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Do court clerks have shields? If so, what do they look like?

Comment

• Court Clerk shields are similar in design to the Senior Court Officer shield...NYPD detective style.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
              Court Clerk shields are similar in design to the Senior Court Officer shield...NYPD detective style.
              Cool...thanks for the info.

Comment

• Thanks for the follow-ups, all.

Comment

• Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
                  I never expect to get out of a ticket if I get stopped, but I've been pulled over at least 7 times in the last 25 years, and have never gotten a ticket showing Clerk ID.
                  They can probably sense that you were once an officer. The "aura" never truly leaves you.

Comment

• once a cop always a cop. Half the time I can tell Im stopping a cop before we even exchange words.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Most cops out there have good character, class and respect. No matter what patch is on your arm everyone is one big family. Hopefully I too can be part of the law enforcement family, SOON!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bluflu379 View Post
                        No matter what patch is on your arm everyone is one big family.
                        +1
                        As a Corrections Officer, my fundamental duty is to serve my community; to safeguard the lives and property within my jurisdiction; to protect against deception, oppression or intimidation; to prevent violence or disorder; and to respect and preserve the constitutional rights of all.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluflu379 View Post
                          Congradulations and welcome to our boat. LOL... Hopefully the next academy class will be more than 45 recruits and and big class with over 100 recruits for NYC. Were you screened for upstate districts or downstate?
                          Downstate.........I requested NYC, Westchester and The Bronx.

Comment

• Originally posted by EASF View Post
                            Congrats Red.. how long did you have to wait to complete the whole process since you took the test?
                            Took the initial exam in 2006......every phase has been about 6 months apart on average. The last portion was the Board evaluation which was completed the first week of April. Completion letter arrived a week later.

Comment

• Hi Red,

Thanks for the info, good luck! lets see what i got on the test..
                              Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• redstormgsr you mean you took the test in 2005 and congradulations on finishing the process. Hopefully the next city academy is a large one. I know the new test should be certified around July but you will still have a good chance of getting on. If everyone remembers the first academy off of 45-722 which was given in 2005 didn't get in until April of 08' almost two years after 45-722 was certified which was July of 06' and they still had people off of the 2001 test go into the academy in 06' and 07'. Good luck the rest of the way and good luck to everyone else. Anyone hear anything about upcoming classes?
                                Last edited by bluflu379; 04-20-2010, 03:50 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10779 users online. 444 members and 10335 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X