300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *investigator

I was typing too fast on that last post.

I hope everyone is well and had a good summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by ClapfromXboxLive View Post
      I meet with my invesitgator this week. Wish me luck!
      I hope all goes well.

Comment

• Originally posted by TruGuardian View Post
        I rarely see a Court Officer with a grimace....98% have pleasant demeanor, and seem to enjoy their job. Heck', I know a female officer that spends more time on her cellphone from work than people sitting down at desk. I say any job that 90% of difficulty is just showing up for work and being on time, is a pretty good damn job.
        I wonder what the turnover rate is like for Court Officers.

Comment

• Very low lol
          RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Originally posted by soon2retire View Post
            Very low lol
            Lol. That is very good to hear.

Comment

• The Courts lose very few to NYPD, some to NCPD and SCPD and some smaller PDs. But overall the retention rate is high.

Comment

• a few go to the FD as well, but aside from a very few who get jammed up, most stay w/ the courts for their entire career
                RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• A lot of NYPD officers tell me that the Court Officer job is much better than theirs. FDNY is a great job from what I hear, but it is very hard to get in. I always wanted to be a Parole Officer, but they have been on a hiring freeze since 2008. A few Parole Officer friends of mine tell me that they make their own schedules and the starting pay is $59,000 + $3,026 (location pay for downstate).

Comment

• What's the money difference like? NYPD vs. Courts?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJets44288 View Post
                      What's the money difference like? NYPD vs. Courts?
                      If I'm not mistaken, top base pay for a Police Officer after 5 1/2 years is $76,488, and top base pay for a Court Officer after 9 years is about $67,000 + $3,000 location pay if you work downstate.

Comment

• Base pay is 39k plus location of 3700 & 1250 uniform so approx 44k plus ot ...first incrementis roughly 6 months from graduation and increases base to approx 41k plus location & uniform ...top pay approx 73k including location and uniform plus ot...before longevity...total Max is closer to 80k.....this is off the expired contract so hopefully we see it improve....it takes 9 years from hire to Max out....before ot was cut you could do 7 to 10k in ot easily....keep in mind this is a 35 hr work week straight days with sat & sun as rdo...those who work nights/wkend/holidays ( typically arraignment or msp) make more. Msp works a 3/12 & get those chargers too loll. I made 50k my first year. Nypd makes more & has wayyy more ot...now if the police status bill didnt get vetoed things could have been differen...i think its still floating in the state assembly somewhere....
                        Last edited by unblindeacon; 08-24-2011, 01:41 PM.
                        http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                        NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• I am heading back to the acedemy for a retest on the Arm Hand Steediness part. Can anyone be kind enough to give any advice on it? I dont want to be disqualified for something like this. How many hits on the metal ring are you allowed?

Thanks in advance..

Comment

• I am pretty sure you are allowed to hit the ring 20 times and still pass. The number is between both the first and second legs of each test.

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                              Base pay is 39k plus location of 3700 & 1250 uniform so approx 44k plus ot ...first incrementis roughly 6 months from graduation and increases base to approx 41k plus location & uniform ...top pay approx 73k including location and uniform plus ot...before longevity...total Max is closer to 80k.....this is off the expired contract so hopefully we see it improve....it takes 9 years from hire to Max out....before ot was cut you could do 7 to 10k in ot easily....keep in mind this is a 35 hr work week straight days with sat & sun as rdo...those who work nights/wkend/holidays ( typically arraignment or msp) make more. Msp works a 3/12 & get those chargers too loll. I made 50k my first year. Nypd makes more & has wayyy more ot...now if the police status bill didnt get vetoed things could have been differen...i think its still floating in the state assembly somewhere....
                              Hey Unblind,

do you know what the reason was that caused the gov. to veto the bill?

mtn

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                                Base pay is 39k plus location of 3700 & 1250 uniform so approx 44k plus ot ...first incrementis roughly 6 months from graduation and increases base to approx 41k plus location & uniform ...top pay approx 73k including location and uniform plus ot...before longevity...total Max is closer to 80k.....this is off the expired contract so hopefully we see it improve....it takes 9 years from hire to Max out....before ot was cut you could do 7 to 10k in ot easily....keep in mind this is a 35 hr work week straight days with sat & sun as rdo...those who work nights/wkend/holidays ( typically arraignment or msp) make more. Msp works a 3/12 & get those chargers too loll. I made 50k my first year. Nypd makes more & has wayyy more ot...now if the police status bill didnt get vetoed things could have been differen...i think its still floating in the state assembly somewhere....
                                If the police status bill were passed Court Officers would probably have more work to do (i.e. writing tickets.). I wonder if many Court Officers support the bill.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10856 users online. 386 members and 10470 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X