Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bk weekend arraignments are back...Gay marraige is gonna make things busy...Judges looking to get a 41% raise...As far as hiring nothing new...I have said it before and will say it again...we are dangerously short of officers...the next class better be soon and be 100+ recruits. OT is crawling back too
    Last edited by unblindeacon; 07-21-2011, 08:37 PM.
    http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
    NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

• Cravan check your inbox

Comment

• In the picture posted above, the PAPD Officer with his hand on Tommy's shoulder is his cousin.

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
          Bk weekend arraignments are back...Gay marraige is gonna make things busy...Judges looking to get a 41% raise...As far as hiring nothing new...I have said it before and will say it again...we are dangerously short of officers...the next class better be soon and be 100+ recruits. OT is crawling back too

Wow! Thanks for the information.

Comment

• Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
            Cravan check your inbox
            I checked it. Thx.

Comment

• Hi All,

I'm currently scheduled to meet with my investigator on August 25th, 2011. I passed the PAT that was given on June 10, 2011. I'm considering going back to school while I wait out the rest of this process, assuming that there may not be an academy class until 2012. Is anyone aware if any of the information/education/training we will eventually receive count as college credits should one pursue continuing education while employed as a court officer?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by ClapfromXboxLive View Post
                Hi All,

I'm currently scheduled to meet with my investigator on August 25th, 2011. I passed the PAT that was given on June 10, 2011. I'm considering going back to school while I wait out the rest of this process, assuming that there may not be an academy class until 2012. Is anyone aware if any of the information/education/training we will eventually receive count as college credits should one pursue continuing education while employed as a court officer?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to all.
                Hey,

I hope things go well when you meet your investigator. Are you being processed for NYC? You brought up a good question. I know you gain about 29 college credits in the NYPD's academy. I am not sure about the court officer's academy. Maybe you should ask your investigator.
                Last edited by Cravan; 07-23-2011, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• You definitely get credits. Way back when when I started you got 6 credits for a 2 week academy. Now that it's 14 weeks, I'm sure you'll get much more than that
                  RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

• Cuny and suny take the credits....i got 14 for the academy....plus the .5 credit for the fema classes that didn't transfer. If/when the academy gets longer more credits will be accrued.

Comment

• anyone know anything about the contract talks? whats up with tier VI?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mtn29 View Post
                        anyone know anything about the contract talks? whats up with tier VI?

Gov. Cuomo: Pension Reform Should Cover NYC

BY Celeste Katz

The retirement age for city workers would be jacked up to 65 and new hires would be forced to pay more for their pension plans under sweeping reforms backed by Gov. Cuomo.

Signaling a thaw after their brutal budget brawl, Cuomo is "working with Mayor Bloomberg so that when we do pension reform, it covers the entire state," a Cuomo administration source told the Daily News on Sunday.

Bloomberg has agreed to modify a proposal for new hires he put out in February to conform with the governor's so-called Tier 6 plan, a second Cuomo source said..

Until now, there was some question as to whether the Albany reforms would extend to the city's powerful municipal unions - the Tier 5 changes in 2009 exempted city workers.

The governor wants the Legislature to agree to set a retirement age of 65 for new hires, end early retirement and take overtime out of the pension calculation to prevent what's known as "padding" or "spiking."

He also wants union workers to contribute twice as much to their retirement.

The city, along with other municipalities, has long complained that funding pensions for retirees is a crushing taxpayer burden that can't be sustained as is.

While changing the system for future hires won't address the current issue, proponents say it's crucial in the long term.

"Gov. Cuomo said our taxes are way too high. New York is becoming less and less affordable," the first Capitol source said. "We need to make the state affordable again. ... That's what pension Tier 6 is - it's just another tool."

In 2009, the Legislature, under then-Gov. David Paterson, enacted a Tier 5 reform that exempted city workers.

That plan was to save $38 billion over 30 years. Cuomo says his plan would save $93 billion over the same span.

"The mayor has made it clear that the governor assured him the city would be included in the reform bill," said Bloomberg spokesman Marc LaVorgna.

He "has been working with the governor on reining in pension costs, and looks forward to continuing to do so," La Vorgna said.

Bloomberg's February proposal, seen by some in the labor community as more aggressive than the governor's program, enraged union leaders such as Harry Nespoli of the Municipal Labor Committee.

"The mayor just set back labor relations 40 years," Nespoli said at the time. "We're fed up with this. [He's] going to have a battle. We're not just going to roll over."

Denis Hughes, head of the state AFL-CIO and monitor of the city's Central Labor Council, which is in the process of seeking a new leader to replace former boss Jack Ahern, says neither the Cuomo nor Bloomberg plan is necessary because the economy is on the mend.

"There's really no need for either of these plans, because [the] return on investments in both the state and the city plans have resulted in a decrease in the contribution [governments] have to make to maintain these pension plans," Hughes said.

"The diminishment of the economic security of working men and women is not necessary," Hughes said.
                        Last edited by Cravan; 07-27-2011, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mtn29 View Post
                          anyone know anything about the contract talks? whats up with tier VI?
                          Governor Cuomo needs to start taxing the rich, because most of them are paying less taxes than the middle class. I will never vote for Cuomo again. Most rich people are trying to eliminate unions so that they can take advantage of working class people.
                          Last edited by Cravan; 07-28-2011, 02:13 AM.

Comment

• I did a search for "8th", but nothing comes up, or maybe I'm not doing it right. So...I'll just ask: Is anything happening anywhere outside of NYC?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBoxer View Post
                              I did a search for "8th", but nothing comes up, or maybe I'm not doing it right. So...I'll just ask: Is anything happening anywhere outside of NYC?
                              As far as I know only NYC, Suffolk and Westchester have canvassed.

Comment

• There has been no canvassing for upstate NY. As soon as the processing is done for NYC, maybe they will start on the rest of the state. Heard a rumor that corrections are running academies and that State PD will not run an academy until 2015. I hope by April 2012 the court officers will start running academies so we can start our law enforcement careers. This is one job I would love to have.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12272 users online. 490 members and 11782 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X