Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you guys think after they finish with the first group off this test that they will move on to the second group.
    this is just curiousity on my part
    in the academy

Exam 8316

Comment

• Psych written is 2 personality tests which includes about a 1000 total questions. They are all true/false. Was relatively painless except for the hand cramp for filling in all the marks with a pencil.

I noticed that the dozen people in Cohoes today taking it were almost exclusively for the 9th district

Comment

• Originally posted by GRAND View Post
        Psych written is 2 personality tests which includes about a 1000 total questions. They are all true/false. Was relatively painless except for the hand cramp for filling in all the marks with a pencil.

I noticed that the dozen people in Cohoes today taking it were almost exclusively for the 9th district
        Hey,

Did OCA give you any news on when they plan to have another recruit class?

Comment

• Hello All.....I received some documentation to fill out from my investigator which means the process is still in motion :-)..But I have a question. Since it appears that there will not be another recruit class for sometime I was thinking of going into the Reserves as an officer for the military (Yes I posses a bachelors degree). Its something that I've always wanted to do since High School and Im currently on unemployment. However, My concerns are if I should hurry and go now before the Court Officer academy (which may not happen till 2012-2013). Or should I wait after I finish the academy and get squared away (which makes me wonder theres no way I would be able to go to basic and Officer Candidate School since its 23 weeks total). Will I be able to juggle both? Any feedback would be appreciated...I want to be able to accomplish both goals of serving my country and being a court officer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
            Hey,

Did OCA give you any news on when they plan to have another recruit class?
            Negative... after April 2012 (if NYS passes a budget on-time)

Comment

• Syracuse Area

Anyone from the Syracuse area get any info or start the process yet?

Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by GRAND View Post
                Negative... after April 2012 (if NYS passes a budget on-time)
                Okay, thanks. I hope things work out for you.

Comment

• PA 6-27-11 results

Not sure if you guys know but the PA results from 6-27-11 are available at the Courts web site. Link is below. Was this given in Cohoes or NYC?

http://www.nycourts.gov/careers/cot/...-results.shtml

Comment

• Does anyone know how many PAT's were given in total and how many people passed?
                    Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

Comment

• Originally posted by Retriever View Post
                      Not sure if you guys know but the PA results from 6-27-11 are available at the Courts web site. Link is below. Was this given in Cohoes or NYC?

I just checked the link. I see that several people were disqualified. I feel bad for the people who were eliminated from the process. In my opinion the PAT was intense. I wish all qualified persons good luck with the hiring process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Court_Starz View Post
                        Hello All.....I received some documentation to fill out from my investigator which means the process is still in motion :-)..But I have a question. Since it appears that there will not be another recruit class for sometime I was thinking of going into the Reserves as an officer for the military (Yes I posses a bachelors degree). Its something that I've always wanted to do since High School and Im currently on unemployment. However, My concerns are if I should hurry and go now before the Court Officer academy (which may not happen till 2012-2013). Or should I wait after I finish the academy and get squared away (which makes me wonder theres no way I would be able to go to basic and Officer Candidate School since its 23 weeks total). Will I be able to juggle both? Any feedback would be appreciated...I want to be able to accomplish both goals of serving my country and being a court officer.
                        Hey,

When does your unemployment run out? I can answer your question once I get this information.

Comment

• Originally posted by krull View Post
                          Does anyone know how many PAT's were given in total and how many people passed?
                          Check out the link that was posted by Retriever and you will get part of the answer to your question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
                            Check out the link that was posted by Retriever and you will get part of the answer to your question.
                            I did check the link it did not answer any part of my question since it does not say how many pat's they had and how many people passed and retested on prior tests , they canvased 2600+ obviously it was more than 2 test dates I counted 23 people who passed initial and retest, what about the others ? I am curious as to how many people were left in the process after the pat's.
                            Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

Comment

• Originally posted by Retriever View Post

you live up to your name, R. thanks for the info.

Comment

• Originally posted by krull View Post
                                I did check the link it did not answer any part of my question since it does not say how many pat's they had and how many people passed and retested on prior tests , they canvased 2600+ obviously it was more than 2 test dates I counted 23 people who passed initial and retest, what about the others ? I am curious as to how many people were left in the process after the pat's.

it was approx. 52 test days for the pat. statistics show approx. 75% of those tested, passed (first timers and retesters combined) you didnt factor in the people who were dq'd from the meds. your not going to get the numbers your looking for.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7660 users online. 418 members and 7242 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X