300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Court_Starz View Post
    @ Cravan...I Am being processed for NYC. And thank you everyone else for your input.. Im doing the insanity workouts to stay in shape haha!. But push ups are my biggest challenge. Anyone know the best way to build and maintain upper body strength..
    Okay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Court_Starz View Post
      @ Cravan...I Am being processed for NYC. And thank you everyone else for your input.. Im doing the insanity workouts to stay in shape haha!. But push ups are my biggest challenge. Anyone know the best way to build and maintain upper body strength..
      Yes, push ups...

Comment

• I passed the PAT! My psych is August 9th.

Comment

• Originally posted by MP1212 View Post
          I passed the PAT! My psych is August 9th.
          Congrats!!! It is good to know that OCA is still processing people. Good luck on the psych.

Comment

• Cuomo Details New Pension Tier For State Workers

By: NY1 News

Governor Andrew Cuomo is proposing sweeping pension reforms that would scale back benefits in an effort to cut costs.

The governor's plan would raise the retirement age to 65 for future state workers.

That's up three years for government workers and five for teachers.

Employees would be required to contribute six percent to their pensions -- up from the current three percent.

It would also end the use of overtime in calculating pension payments.

Cuomo says the new tier will save the state $93 billion over the next 30 years.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg says it would save the city $30 billion over the next 30 years.

Public employee unions called the legislation an onerous attack on working people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cravan View Post
              Cuomo Details New Pension Tier For State Workers

By: NY1 News

Governor Andrew Cuomo is proposing sweeping pension reforms that would scale back benefits in an effort to cut costs.

The governor's plan would raise the retirement age to 65 for future state workers.

That's up three years for government workers and five for teachers.

Employees would be required to contribute six percent to their pensions -- up from the current three percent.

It would also end the use of overtime in calculating pension payments.

Cuomo says the new tier will save the state $93 billion over the next 30 years.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg says it would save the city $30 billion over the next 30 years.

Public employee unions called the legislation an onerous attack on working people.
              I wish I had a state job years ago because things are changing for the worst.

Comment

• Quick question...did you guys wear PT gear to the physical or suits with gear in a bag?
                WWW.FIRSTRESPONDERS911.NET

Comment

• go by what the letter states. work out gear.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYRESCUE View Post
                    Quick question...did you guys wear PT gear to the physical or suits with gear in a bag?
                    Hey,

When are you scheduled for the physical exam? What is your score on the exam?

Comment

• Took it today...My list was 25XX.

Comment

Took it today...My list was 25XX.
                        Cool. I hope you passed the physical. Did OCA tell you any information on when they might have another recruit class?
                        Last edited by Cravan; 06-11-2011, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• From my understanding I believe the cancelled class from January will get the first go at it, but as for a fresh class from this list we are at least looking at the mid to end of 2012. As for the physical, yes I think I did fairly well...hit the arm steadiness a few time but I believe if you are under 10 yours good to go...all in all I knew what to expect as I did take it before.

Comment

From my understanding I believe the cancelled class from January will get the first go at it, but as for a fresh class from this list we are at least looking at the mid to end of 2012. As for the physical, yes I think I did fairly well...hit the arm steadiness a few time but I believe if you are under 10 yours good to go...all in all I knew what to expect as I did take it before.
                            Hey,

I was supposed to get in the Jan 6, 2011 recruit class. OCA did tell the recruits that we will be first in line for the next academy class. OCA also told us that they did not anticipate having another recruit class this fiscal year which is from April 1, 2011 to April 1, 2012. I am glad to hear that you did well on the physical. Good luck on the rest of the hiring process.

Comment

• Psych Exam

What do we have to expect on the Psych exam. Scheduled for later this month...

Comment

• Originally posted by GRAND View Post
                                What do we have to expect on the Psych exam. Scheduled for later this month...
                                A lot more pre-test paperwork and then about 800 questions spread out over two different tests.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7971 users online. 400 members and 7571 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X