Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metro Transit In DC is Hiring NO AGE LIMIT!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything new? Havent heard from them yet.

Comment

Nope not yet. Almost done filling all of the stuff out though. Do a little each day makes you not go insane as much lol

Comment

Anybody hear anything?!
        MTPD
        Written 11/09-Pass
        PAT 11/09-Pass
        CVSA 4/10-Pass
        Medical 4/10-Pass
        Psych 4/10-Pass
        Oral Board-TBD

Comment

NOPE, not a thing. I might have to contact a recruiter to see whats up but I guess all we can do is just be patient and get all of the packet completed! Ill keep everyone posted on here...

Comment

I have a gut instinct that they will call us a week or two beforehand. In the meantime, keep getting that packet together. Heres hoping its a speedy process after the Oral Board, although I wouldn't bet on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hof82 View Post
              I have a gut instinct that they will call us a week or two beforehand. In the meantime, keep getting that packet together. Heres hoping its a speedy process after the Oral Board, although I wouldn't bet on it.
              My best friend who got his credentials from the MTPD this past October said they called him one week before the NVCJA academy session started last January.

Some notables?

Get ready for lots of insults and push ups during "Hell Week."

There is a full contact fighting component to DT, and your instructor WILL hit you as hard as he can (although you do wear a face mask). One recruit had half his tooth broken off, another had his tooth knocked out and swallowed it.
              NYPD Academy - July 2011 Session

Comment

Sounds....AWESOME!!
                MTPD
                Written 11/09-Pass
                PAT 11/09-Pass
                CVSA 4/10-Pass
                Medical 4/10-Pass
                Psych 4/10-Pass
                Oral Board-TBD

Comment

Originally posted by RC182 View Post
                  Sounds....AWESOME!!
                  LOL! The positives greatly outweigh the negatives, when all is said and done. My buddy did say that the academy flies by pretty quickly. PT isn't too bad despite lots of running, and the academics are a breeze.

He just got out of Field Training, and is loving the work. They see a lot of action down there, a lot of assaults, lots of traffic work. Well, depending on which District you are assigned to, that is. The uniform sounds pretty cool -- blue BDU's. Morale is pretty good, as well.

I think website says that you have to pay for your Academy uniforms, but my buddy said that WMATA paid for all that when he went into the Academy.

You guys should definitely be hearing from them very soon. Not sure how it works for out-of-state applicants, but I do hope you guys have housing arrangements for when the call comes.
                  NYPD Academy - July 2011 Session

Comment

I just got a call from MTPD by a Detective. Everything has to be mailed by mid January, with everything completed and sent in (except IRS forms). They anticipate Oral Board Interviews to be held in Feb. Good luck ladies and gents, lets get all our paperwork completed and in order!

Comment

I too just received the call from the Background Detective regarding the Oral Board. They are trying to schedule the interviews for February in NY, and they want everything sent to them ASAP. Good luck to everyone in the application process and hopefully we all have a successful process. Happy Holidays.

Comment

me and my buddy got the calls today also.. gotta get my **** together
                        John Jay College

Comment

Awesome good luck guys!! If anyones interested I have an oral board manual that got me through mine ill be happy to email it pm me.

Comment

Yea, same here got that call.
                            MTPD
                            Written 11/09-Pass
                            PAT 11/09-Pass
                            CVSA 4/10-Pass
                            Medical 4/10-Pass
                            Psych 4/10-Pass
                            Oral Board-TBD

Comment

Guys, did we need five neighbor references or three? I could have sworn they said three, but the book says five.

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately we need five neighborhood references...
                                MTPD
                                Written 11/09-Pass
                                PAT 11/09-Pass
                                CVSA 4/10-Pass
                                Medical 4/10-Pass
                                Psych 4/10-Pass
                                Oral Board-TBD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2825 users online. 195 members and 2630 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X