Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metro Transit In DC is Hiring NO AGE LIMIT!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I called to reserve my spot. I had to repeat myself a lot, guy had trouble hearing or something.

Comment

Does anyone know how long the hiring process is for this? Is this something you can actually get into an academy for in 2010 or is it going to be a long wait like NYPD? Is a Metro Transit Police Officer the same thing as a DC cop?

Comment

No. They are different agencies altogether.

You are basically a transit cop and you must get your PO certification in 3 different states. DC, VA and MD.

I have a friend working DC TRANSIT and he hates it. He wants out to be "a real cop on the street", as he says.

I guess riding trains and hanging out at train stations is not for everyone.

Money is decent.

And of course you get paid during training... which is about 11 months and 3 different academies.
        Last edited by NYCTNT; 11-10-2009, 01:18 PM.
        Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

So they aren't considered "real cops"? Do they carry a gun and have the ability to arrest people? What would a "typical" day be like for a transit cop?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Gunnz View Post
            So they aren't considered "real cops"? Do they carry a gun and have the ability to arrest people? What would a "typical" day be like for a transit cop?
            Yes they are real cops. Yes they carry guns and do arrests in the transit zone. Typical day they could be on patrol anywhere in the transit district, they could be in a squad car just depends.

Its actually 1 academy in VA and then go back to Metro HQS for DC and MD certification.
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Gunnz View Post
              So they aren't considered "real cops"? Do they carry a gun and have the ability to arrest people?
              lol^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Im glad to see all you guys being open minded and not just stuck on Ny. Thats what this forum is for to help each other. Theres alot of agencies in D.C. hiring right now and there federal so theres no residency requirement. The key get to getting in to LE is getting in somewhere, once your in you can get hired elsewhere easier!

Comment

Originally posted by Nero22 View Post
                  I called to reserve my spot. I had to repeat myself a lot, guy had trouble hearing or something.
                  yes!

Comment

I've called that number about a dozen times and all it does is ring a couple times and then goes to voicemail. I even left a message but still haven't heard back, I really want to get my spot reserved before it fills up!

Comment

Just from talking to the guy on the phone, it seems sort of disorganized. For all I know, they guy mispelled my name cause he couldnt hear and I wont be allowed to take it when I show up.

Comment

I just reserved a spot.

I had the same problems as you guys, but the building I was in could have been quieter for certain.

Also, is this just the written application exam? Or is there a physical exam as well? Im prepared for both, but I want to make certain just in case.

And finally, what is their physical exam? Ive heard that it is difficult, but their written test is harder?

Either way, I'm excited.
                        NYPD
                        Exam Taken 10/31/09
                        Exam: #0308 Score:91.XXX%
                        List Number: 5xx

PPB
                        Exam: Passed
                        PAT: Passed
                        Oral Board: Passed
                        Background Investigation: Ongoing

Massachusetts Civil Service
                        Exam: 4/30 Awaiting Results

NPD CSO Summer 2011.

Comment

Reserved my spot...

It'd be so messed up if I get hired in another state before I get picked up by anything LE related in NY.

Comment

According to the ad, it will be the written and interview. No mention of a PAT. I believe their PAT is 15 push-ups in a min, 25 sit-ups in a min, a 1 1/2 run in around 15:30 min and a 300 yard dash. It seems kinda, sorta reeeaaally easy!
                            MTPD
                            Written 11/09-Pass
                            PAT 11/09-Pass
                            CVSA 4/10-Pass
                            Medical 4/10-Pass
                            Psych 4/10-Pass
                            Oral Board-TBD

Comment

Thanks RC!

I found that info too after pouring through a 13 page thread in the DC/Fed forum.

The PAT does seem easy, but the academy is 9 months long, as officers are apparently certified in VA MD and DC so it adds to the time. Im not concerned about academy length, though, as this seems like a really good LE opportunity!
                              NYPD
                              Exam Taken 10/31/09
                              Exam: #0308 Score:91.XXX%
                              List Number: 5xx

PPB
                              Exam: Passed
                              PAT: Passed
                              Oral Board: Passed
                              Background Investigation: Ongoing

Massachusetts Civil Service
                              Exam: 4/30 Awaiting Results

NPD CSO Summer 2011.

Comment

I had called a few days ago. The lady I talked to was nice and was not in a loud room at all. She told me that the test will be given friday, then If passed the next day (saturday) would be the physical part.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4269 users online. 254 members and 4015 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X