Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody here a US Park Police Officer in New York?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just out of curiosity what type of tours do they work In NYC and in DC? Also is it a 20yr retirement?
    "Stuck with the tag until further notice"

Waiting.......would be nice before I was completely gray.

Comment

We work 12 hour shifts, 3 on 3 off, 4 on 4 off. During the 4 day week you work one 8 hour shift. Retirement is 20 years at 50y/o or 25yrs at any age.

Comment

what do park police get paid and what exactly do they do??

Comment

they're those guys out there with the green pants and big hats that walk around camp sites...:

Comment

Originally posted by options open View Post
            they're those guys out there with the green pants and big hats that walk around camp sites...:
            Nope.. the guy/gals that you are talking about are National Park Service Rangers not USPP. Both are under the DOI/NPS but have totally different missions.
            We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

Originally posted by options open View Post
              USPP is the LE's for the NPS in its urban areas(NYC,DC area, and SF). NPS LE Rangers are NPS LE's in the rural parks throughout the country. WE have full Jurisdiction in DC and about 60+ miles of higway surrounding DC. In NY we have patrols in bk, qns, and si and protect the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. SF is all patrol but dont know specifics of the areas they patrol.

http://www.nps.gov/uspp

Comment

I have a question?

I finally applied for USPP online, what is the next step?

I have no PD expierence, and I say this because it was in the questionare on the application.

I do have work expierence, tons of it, but how would I meet the minium qualifications?
                "One day, I'm going to get hired by some police agency some where." God Help Me!!

Comment

Originally posted by NYPDHOPEFULLY View Post
                  I have a question?

I finally applied for USPP online, what is the next step?

I have no PD expierence, and I say this because it was in the questionare on the application.

I do have work expierence, tons of it, but how would I meet the minium qualifications?
                  its either 60 college credits or 2 years of law enfocement experience if you have done security work they will accept that. Or a combo of both

Comment

Do we just go to the testing site and how them our email receipt because that's all I got?

Comment

That all you need!
                      We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

So when and what am I supposed to receive after you submit your resume and application on USAjobs.com?

Letter of admission to an exam etc..??
                        "One day, I'm going to get hired by some police agency some where." God Help Me!!

Comment

Originally posted by NYPDHOPEFULLY View Post
                          So when and what am I supposed to receive after you submit your resume and application on USAjobs.com?

Letter of admission to an exam etc..??
                          You should receive a confirmation email, then print it out and bring it to one of the testing sites listed. Thats it.

Comment

Ok, so I fianally received the confirmation email, and it has multiple testing sites listed.

Do I have to contact anyone or place to have a seat reserved or something?

Also, how is the exam, is it difficult, or easy like NYPD exam?

Please let me know, thanks.

Comment

Bring a copy of your e-mail to the testing site.
                              Hit number 1 read last question posted, then read first post on this thread.
                              MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

I also got the email today, so in order to work in new york? you have to start off in DC?
                                NYPD Exam:2311
                                Let the process begin!

NCPD Exam:2000
                                Score: Pending...

SCPD
                                Score: Passed/No call

Suffolk Corrections:
                                Score: Passed/No call yet

Suffolk Parks:
                                Score: Passed/No call

Suffolk Sheriff:
                                Score: Passed/No call yet

PAPD
                                Score: Qualified.

NYSP
                                Exam: Oct 12th 2013

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1983 users online. 131 members and 1852 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X