300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection Letter?

I was previously on the list and good to go for the NYPD exam # 8000, then today I got a letter from APD which reads:

"You were considered and not selected for appointment or promotion to three separate vacancies. Such ineligibility is only for the above-named agency. You can be re-certified to that agency only upon that agency's request therefore."

Can someone tell me what the hell is going on? This is starting to get ridiculous - I have been waiting patiently and now that I was considered for three academies and not selected (because they aren't up to exam 8000 yet) I am off the list??? Anyone who has gone through this please help, thanks.

Originally posted by Syitalian25 View Post
    I was previously on the list and good to go for the NYPD exam # 8000, then today I got a letter from APD which reads:

"You were considered and not selected for appointment or promotion to three separate vacancies. Such ineligibility is only for the above-named agency. You can be re-certified to that agency only upon that agency's request therefore."

Can someone tell me what the hell is going on? This is starting to get ridiculous - I have been waiting patiently and now that I was considered for three academies and not selected (because they aren't up to exam 8000 yet) I am off the list??? Anyone who has gone through this please help, thanks.
    Are you on review? What does the automated number say?

NYPD automated number 1 718 697 3273

Comment

Sounds like you were deactivated by APD because of the small classes. I guess after three academies have passed is when APD deactivates your status. Your probably going to get an invite letter asking you if your still interested in the NYPD when they reach up to your exam. Did you find out why you were on hold for back in May? And did you update your info. with APD?
      NYPD Exam # 8305: (07.31.08)

* Medical: (10.27.08)
      * Mini Medical: (10.27.08), (5.21.10), (2.23.11), (6.10.11)
      * Meet with BI: Done (11.09.08)
      * Written psychological: Done (1.23.09)
      * Oral psychological: (1.27.09)
      * JST: 3 min. 5 sec. (4.2.09), 3 min. 13 sec. (5.22.10), 3 min. 10 sec. (4.30.11)
      * Medical: (2.23.11)

Got the call at 5:03pm on July 2nd, 2011.

July Academy

Comment

Monday morning, call the candidate service desk (718)972-2503 and find out what's the dealio.

Comment

Originally posted by PBXTech View Post
          Are you on review? What does the automated number say?

NYPD automated number 1 718 697 3273
          The automated line says I am currently active.

Originally posted by NYPD13 View Post
          Did you find out why you were on hold for back in May? And did you update your info. with APD?
          I was on hold because they wanted paperwork about a counselor I saw when I was like 13 - I got it to them and everything has been cleared since then. Both APD and my investigator said I was "ready for hire".

I called APD and they said that my test was deactivated and to call my investigator about it - which I have been trying to do several times a day but she hasn't answered yet. Hopefully I will reach her soon and see if there is a way to fix all this.

It just sucks getting screwed for no good reason. Basically now that the job is in demand the BS level is higher than ever.

Comment

What the hell does that mean? How could an 8000 level exam be deactivated? I understand there is a backlog of candidates, but this is intriguing. Let us know what your situation is when you get additional information.

Comment

the only thing I could think of is that they are fairly certain they won't be hiring from an 8000 series exam any time soon, so they would deactivate the exam (meaning stop scheduling people from those tests for appointments) in order to clear the people on the lower exams. Still sounds weird though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3264 users online. 163 members and 3101 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X